- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
What is Sin?
What do you label as Sin? Is it every mistake we have made in our walk through life?
Is it only the ones that God labels as sin?
Are you aware that any sins that we have or have committed before God; pollutes us, may even drive a wedge between our relationship with that Precious Being and His Son, the Lord Jesus.
So, what are we to do?
How do we identify these sins? Is it actually important, you wonder?
It is, so important to God’s Holy Spirit; who dwells in you, for if you love God and the Lord and obey the commandments, they will make their home with you; as stated in John 14:23 “Jesus answered, and said unto him, If any man love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him.” Isn't that incredible, WOW!!!! If you obey his word or commandments, then both of these Sacred Being’s will come to dwell with you. Can you actually believe that? We, who are so inferior, in action, speech, and thought, in personage, can have such incredible Beings present. So, it is essential even vital to repent and change our walk. Our deeds, thoughts, and speech are that important to them, for all will be judged at the time appointed; the wheat and the Tares, the Goats and the Sheep. For all will stand before the Throne of Almighty God. “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” 2 Corinthians 5:10.
So how can we do this, to hasten their presence, so we may enjoy their company. The first thing to do is to repent, then seek God for guidance. He may guide you, either within yourself or through another; but be certain, you need to change your walk and be persistent about it. Be aware, that he may not answer straight away; it may be many years of personal struggles, before you notice their presence. Remember, to accept both the Father and the Lord Jesus; that is the MOST important, and it must be in both the mind and the heart. Pick a good Christian Church; learn to discern as to whether the Church is teaching the right things, by reading, listening, and understanding Scripture (“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” 2 Timothy 3:16.), read other Christian writers writings etc., seeking advice from God’s Spirit; for if you follow these steps, and hopefully you won’t go wrong. It does take time and there may be some stumbling as you alter, change and grow. Remember, “…giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.” 2 Peter 1:5-7. Also remember, that according to the Bible, if you practice love or the ways of the Spirit, which are the following “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control: and one has “crucified the flesh with its passions and desires”, then you should not be sinning.
Now what does the precious bible label as sin?
If you know that it is wrong, then it is sin to you James 4:17
Satisfy the desires if the flesh. Galatians 5:16
Sin is lawlessness. 1 John 3:4
A Lying tongue (Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord) Proverbs 12:22
Murder Matthew 15:17-20
Thievery (stealing, nor swindlers) Matthew 15:17-20, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Mark 7:20-23
- All wrongdoing is sin. 1 John 5:17
Sexual immorality (Adultery, homosexuality, lesbian, sex with animals, incest, abusers of themselves, effeminate) Galatians 5:19-21, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Mark 7:20-23
Uncleanness (physically unclean in ones ways, uncleanness in thoughts, being morally unclean) Galatians 5:19-21
- Lasciviousness (unbridled lust, wantonness, lustful intent, sensuality) Galatians 5:19-21 , Matthew 5:28, Mark 7:20-23
- Idolatry (worshipping a false god, worshipping of other things) Galatians 5:19-21 , 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- Sorcery (Witchcraft, the use of illusionary drugs) Galatians 5:19-21
- Enmity (Hatred, being hostile, contention, strife, division, dissension, emulation, seditions) Galatians 5:19-21
- Jealousy and Envying Galatians 5:19-21
- Fits of anger (Wrath, quarrelling) Galatians 5:19-21
- Drunkenness (intoxication, being a drunkards) Galatians 5:19-21 , 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- Orgies (revellers) Galatians 5:19-21 , 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- Evil thoughts Matthew 15:17-20, Mark 7:20-23
- Being a false witness in court as well as the church and God and The Lord Matthew 15:17-20, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- Slander (blasphemes) Matthew 15:17-20, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Mark 7:20-23
- Those that are greedy 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- Coveting Mark 7:20-23
- Wickedness Mark 7:20-23
- Deceit Mark 7:20-23
- Being Prideful (haughtiness, arrogance, egotist) Mark 7:20-23
- Foolish behaviour, thoughts, and words. Mark 7:20-23
- Any other thing that may be labelled as evil in the sight of man and God.
So remember, practice the ways of love or the ways of the Spirit, keeps these on your mind, trust God and the Lord, trust His Spirit, keep the two commandments that the Lord mentioned (“Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind; and practice loving thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:37-39.) But beware, don’t fall off to sleep, always be alert; for you could be tested and then you’ll fall; like I did.
So make sure, you know the rules. For when you sin, there are some sins that do not lead to death, while others that do.
So, please be alert and do not fall, for only pain and sorrow will follow.
So, know the rules that God has laid down and practice them always. Don’t fall and remain in the love of God and the Lord.
God and the Lord maybe Love, but they do have rules and punishments and some of those punishments may mean eternal separation. What that means I do not know, but I don’t want that for anyone, and I'm sure neither do you. So, keep on the straight and narrow; and love both God and Man, have faith, and all should by alright.
Good Luck on the following, learning, obedience, and the loving.
Bible Minute: What is Sin?
What is repentance?
According to scripture, repentance can only be achieved when one reaches the state of “godly sorrow” and this causes’ repentance unto salvation”. (2 Corinthians 7:10); this type of sorrow must be not to be confused with worldly sorrow, which only leads to death.
So, what is repentance? Repentance is a heartfelt, and hopefully a wish to seek God and the Lord Jesus, a want to make amends, a change in ones actions, as well as in one’s thoughts. The desire to allow God’s ways to rule and not your own, the desire to correct one’s walk, the want of forgiveness, as well as the acknowledgement of one’s guilt.
So this is what you must do?
- Accept the Lord Jesus, the sacrificial Lamb of God, who redeemed the people back to God the Father
- The acceptance of God, the Father.
- Coming to Him to seek forgiveness
- Believing that God will forgive those sins.
- Going to church, where you are not along in your walk.
- Make sure you remain consistent, and shun your old life and anything that may be contrary to the Father as well as the Son. As Paul stated “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Romans 12:1-5
- Remember the Cross of Calvary and what happened to the Lord Jesus.
- Accept the blood of the Lamb.
- Reading the bible, because “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness” 2 Timothy 3:16
- Learning about both Father and Son and their expectations.
- Having Faith.
5. Confession of those sins, before God “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
6. Going to church to be baptised, to show ones conviction to the decision one has made.
14. Confess to a fellow follower and believer of God, for it states that “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” James 5:16
15. Make sure you turn from your wicked ways and remain consistent and true.
So, follow these steps and hopefully you'll enjoy your fellowship with those two Precious Beings. What utter joy to feel that freedom that the Lord gives you.
So repent, if you have, then congratulations. If not, then please consider my advice; please repent. Think upon it. To belong to those Precious Beings are important, and for you to abide in their presence; possibly forever. How about dwelling in their love. Now that is a prize in itself. Due to them being so righteous, we in our current state, may never achieve.
So, please repent as the Lord Jesus asked.