- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
PROPHECY (4) ISAIAH 4:1 - CHURCH IN THYATIRA (FALSE PROPHETESS)
CHURCH OF THE FALSE PROPHETESS
The Church in Thyatira was the fourth church described in Revelation 2:18. The church was also prophesied in Isaiah 4:1 as one of the seven women (churches) and Jesus Christ. The book of Revelation was revealed to John the apostle. by Jesus Christ.
- And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things said the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet like fire brass.
THE SON OF GOD
The Son was revealed to Matthew the apostle and he recorded it as a voice from heaven. Mark and Peter also recorded the message as from heaven.
- And lo, a voice from heaven saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.
2 Pet. 1:17
- For he received from God the Father honour and glory, ... whom there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory. This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Jesus has the divine vision for He comprehends all human life. The Old Testament testifies in Genesis that God saw the wickedness was great in the earth, and 2 Chronicles 16 records that God's eyes survey the whole world to see what people are doing. God in the book of Psalms echoes the thought and scheme of things. God cares!
- And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
2 Ch. 16:9
- For the eyes of the Lord run to and from throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
- The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
God commended the Church in Thyatira for her works, love, service, faith and patience.
- I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Heb. 11:1; 39
- Now faith is the substance of things hope for, the evidence of things not seen.
Patience and faith in God are two of the virtues the church endures through persecutions and tribulations that fall upon them. The church, however, lacks love - love of God and love of man.
2 Th. 1:4
- So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
- Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Good works are essential in any church to show their love for God for they reflect love for God. They are evidence that they care for God and His people. Good works are insufficient to enable any one to God for they lack faith.
Mt 5:16 - Glorify God
- Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
1 Ti. 6:18 - Enrich Life
- That they do good; that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, be willing to communicate.
Ro. 3:20 - Insufficient to Secure Salvation
- Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
EVIL ASSOCIATIONS The great concern for the church is the evil associations like Jezebel and other false prophetess. Jezebel is noted for many characteristics, namely, the sin of idolatry, revenge, murder, evil incitement and vanity.
Rev. 2:20 - Jezebel the False Prophetess
- Because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel ... to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Fornication - Sin of impurity
Sin of idolatry, which is infidelity to and forsaking of the true God for false gods.
2 Chr. 21:11
- Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.
1 The. 4:3
- For this is the will of God even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication.
1 Ki. 19:2 - Revengeful
- Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, If I make not thy life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.
She threatens Elijah.
1 Ki. 21:5-13 - A Murderess
- She plotted the murder of Naboth so Ahab could get his vineyard free of charge.
1 Ki. 21:25 - Incite her husband to evil
- But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the Lord, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up.
SPIRITUAL ADULTERY - TO EAT THINGS SACRIFICED TO
Christians are informed that spiritual adultery is just as evil as physical adultery and should not be tolerated. You cannot discern between the two types of evil.
1 Ch. 5:25
- And they transgressed against the Lord of their fathers, and went a whoring after the gods of the people of the land, whom God destroyed before them.
- Thus were they defiled with their own works, went a whoring with their own inventions.
- Wherefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; Are ye polluted after the manner of your fathers? and commit ye whoredom after their abominations?
Penalty is delayed to give time for the sinner to repent, but when the sinner fails to heed the warnings, he will reap the full force of the sentence. God is very patient but since the sinner turns a deaf ear to repent, justice and punishment will follow.
- And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Jesus is impartial and fair and does warn the people of their wrong doings and evil intent. Unless we listen to the warnings of God, we are doomed and fall into destruction.
Rev. 2:22, 23
- Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
- And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Jesus does read the human heart what man thinks or likely to do with his intents But Jesus reads the heart of man to see if he is good or evil.
- And Jesus knew their thoughts, ...
- But he knowing their thoughts, ...
- And needed not that any should testify of man, for he knew what was in man.
SEARCHER OF HEARTS
God does not look upon the outward appearance of man but searches the hearts and intents of the soul. Beauty in appearance does not appeal to God, but beauty in the heart and soul are His delight. Beauty is but skin deep.
- I the Lord search the heart; I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
- Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
- And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Unless one holds fast to the words of God, one will be tempted by satan and certainly will fall due to the persistent lure of the devil who constantly seeks to devour the unwary.
Re. 2:25, 26
- But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
- And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him I give power over the nation:
Jesus is the morning star and the offspring or descendant of King David. He is also the Word of God (John 1:1) and God in the form of man on earth.
- And I will give him the morning star.
- I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Prophecy: Isaiah 4:1 Seven Women and One Man http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecy-isaiah
PROPHECY (1A) ISAIAH 4:1: CHURCH OF EPHESIS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecychurchofephesus
PROPHECY (2) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH OF SMYRNA http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecy2isaiah4-1churchofsmyrna
PROPHECY (3) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH IN PERGAMOS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-3-ISAIAH-41-CHURCH-IN-PERGAMOS
PROPHECY (4) Isaiah 4:1 - CHURCH IN THYATIRA (False Prophetess) http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-4-ISAIAH-41-CHURCH-IN-THYATIRA-FALSE-PROPHETESS
_Prophecy (4) Isaiah 4:1 - Church in Thyatira (False Prophetess)
Can the Church in Thyatira be saved if she repents?
© 2012 einron