- Religion and Philosophy
PROPHECY (5) ISAIAH 4:1 - CHURCH IN SARDIS
THE DYING CHURCH
Jesus warns the Church in Sardis in Revelation 3:1 saying, "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead."
SPIRIT OF GOD
The number "seven" is a sacred number among the Jews and used often as in a symbolic manner signifying perfection or completion. The "seven Spirits of God" means the complete number. Jesus was referring to Himself as having the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars. Here Jesus speaks with the authority of God.
- God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
2 Co. 3:17
- Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
NAME THAT LIVETH
Jesus came in the name of His father, but the people refused to accept Him. The reference to the Father's name can be seen in John 17:11,12. Jesus and the Father are one.
- I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not;
- Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
- While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name:
- That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and nations shall call him blessed.
DEAD IN SIN
Many churches believe they are doing good works of charity, helping the poor, the widows and fatherless, they are doing alright. Doing works of charity cannot help you get to heaven. They have forgotten they need the faith to succeed. God looks at the heart and not outward appearance.
- The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
1 Ti. 5:6
- But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
Living in pleasure is living in sins of the world, drinking, lust, etc.
The church like all countries should be vigilant against enemies in case of attack. Enemies are out there waiting to attack the unvary and weak to subdue it. The church should always be on the alert because the enemy is ready to pounce on the defenceless. All countries have defences against attack and churches should also be on the look out for the enemies.
- Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
- Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
1 Co. 16:13
- Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
1 Peter 5:8
- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
We must repent of our wrongdoings and God will forgive. If we do not, He cannot forgive us. We must be sincere in our repentance, not only in words, but in deeds.
Eze. 18:31; Eze. 33:11
- Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Jl. 2:12; Mal. 3:7
- Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning.
- Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
Even in the dying church, there will be some who are worthy and have not sinned. They have not soiled their garments and their names will be in the Book of Life. They follow the Lamb wherever He goes.
- Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
CLOTHED IN WHITE GARMENTS
- He that overcometh the same shall be clothed in white garment: and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my father, and before his angels.
- I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear, and annoint thy eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
- And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
BOOK OF LIFE
Only those whose names are in the Book of Life will enter the kingdom of God. If we sinned, our names will be blotted out and our entry to heaven blocked. Do not do anything wrong, and if you do, you must repent to God for His forgiveness.
- ... I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.
- And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Prophecy: Isaiah 4:1 Seven Women and One Man http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecy-isaiah
PROPHECY (1A) ISAIAH 4:1: CHURCH OF EPHESIS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecychurchofephesus
PROPHECY (2) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH OF SMYRNA http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecy2isaiah4-1churchofsmyrna
PROPHECY (3) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH IN PERGAMOS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-3-ISAIAH-41-CHURCH-IN-PERGAMOS
PROPHECY (4) Isaiah 4:1 - Church in Thyatira (False Prophetess) http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-4-ISAIAH-41-CHURCH-IN-THYATIRA-FALSE-PROPHETESS
PROPHECY (6) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH IN PHILADELPHIA http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-41-6-CHURCH-IN-PHILADELPHIA
Prophecy (5) Isaiah 4:1 - Church in Sardis
Do you agree that even with a dying church, members can still be saved if they repent before Jesus returns?
© 2013 einron