PROPHECY: ISAIAH 4:1 (6) CHURCH IN PHILADELPHIA
Jesus revealed to John that the Church in Philadelphia is the sixth church in Revelation 3:7,8. He emphasized that the church that had the key of David is holy and true. What is the key of David? The key opens the door to heaven and is from the line of David from which Jesus Christ descended.
It is explained in Matthew 16:19
- And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven.
Through the line of Judah to David the Messiah would come to save His people and eventually the whole world. Jesus would unlock the kingdom of heaven for He is the truth, the way and the life.
Loyal but weak church
The sixth church in Philadelphia is described as loyal but weak and has a little strength.
- And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth and no man shutteth; and shutteth, no man openeth;
- I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
With little strength but also with fear of the Lord, the church can grow like a mustard seed.
- Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.
- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among the herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
The doors are open to those who believe in Jesus for they are called saints and exalted in the eyes of God.
1 Co. 16:9
- For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries,
2 Co. 2:12
- Futhermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord.
The worshippers must be faithful and are exalted because God loves them and assigns them authority over others. The church will be given a crown of life and gain access to heaven.
- Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: ... be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life.
- And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: ... and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
- To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Promises to Those who Keep His Word
Those who keep His words will have life and not death and live with Jesus Christ forever.
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
1 Jn. 2:5
- But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfecteth: hereby know we that we are in him.
- Jesus answered and said to him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
You have come to the heavenly Jerusalem which is Mount Zion.
- But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels.
- And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
- And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
A new name will be given to the faithful ones in the church the name "Christians" which was first named in Antioch.
- Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
- And the gentiles shall see thy righteousness and all kings the glory: and thou shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.
- And when he had found him he brought him unto Antioch. ... And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Prophecy: Isaiah 4:1 Seven Women and One Man http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecy-isaiah
PROPHECY (1A) ISAIAH 4:1: CHURCH OF EPHESUS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecychurchofephesus
PROPHECY (2) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH OF SMYRNA http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/prophecy2isaiah4-1churchofsmyrna
PROPHECY (3) ISAIAH 4:1 CHURCH IN PERGAMOS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-3-ISAIAH-41-CHURCH-IN-PERGAMOS
PROPHECY (4) Isaiah 4:1 - Church in Thyatira (False Prophetess) http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/PROPHECY-4-ISAIAH-41-CHURCH-IN-THYATIRA-FALSE-PROPHETESS