Poltergeists - Ghosts Or Something Else?
Poltergeists? Or are They?
There have been many TV programs over the years showing various families who have experienced poltergeist activity. A Poltergeist, translated from the German Noisy Ghost is a phenomena of ghostly manifestations that take over a home and can be a frightening experience.
The ghostly attacks can start at any time. The family involved may have lived in the house for many years before the actual phenomenon starts. The spooky activity usually starts off small, building up to terrifying attacks.
Most of the time one of the family will start to notice something strange. For example milk being spilled, or doors beginning to bang open and shut. This is usually put down to natural occurrences such as accidentally knocking the milk over, or someone leaving the door open.
But after a while the person will realise that the amount of things going wrong is really getting out of hand. Say the mother has seen things out of the corner of her eye, or too many objects fall to the floor within a few moments. This is the time when she will start to realise that something isn't quite right. And then the fear starts.
Ghostly Goings On
By the time one of the family realises that something is happening within their home, the other members of the family will start to pick up on the strangeness of the situation and then the panic begins to grip them.
Obviously there are cases when one of the family can be causing the others to react to a completely rational occurrence by causing mass hysteria when really actually nothing is happening.
Most of the time the actual so called Poltergeist Activity is really just wear and tear in the house. For example the stairs creaking at night because of heat or cold causing the components of the wood to contract. Hysteria is a real phenomena and can pass from one person to the next very quickly especially if there are children in the house.
But there are other times when the phenomena is very real. Books fly off the shelves, cups fall to the floor, and in really rare cases fire breaks out in a room that hasn't got anybody in it. Some people even report that they have been thrown across the room, or physically attacked.
So what exactly is going on?
Lisa Manning and Children
Poltergeist Phenomenon True Stories
In March 2011 a family living in Holbrooks Coventry England, reported that they were living in fear because they were convinced that a ghost had moved a chair across the floor in their bedroom. This wasn't the only phenomena and they stated they were scared stiff.
Lisa Manning is fed up with the ghostly goings on, and her children are petrified. Pots and pans are said to have flown across the kitchen, window blinds keep opening and shutting and all the lights in the house keep switching themselves on and off.
The final straw was the ghost locking them inside their house. Escaping through a window, Lisa stated that she was not going back until something was done about it. A local Priest was called in and gave them all Crucifixes which they wear all the time now.
They have now asked to be moved, and the council was considering it at the time of the reported incident. Lisa set up a video recorder to prove that the Poltergeist existed. You can see the footage below. Real or Fake?
Poltergeist? I Don't Think So!
A Real Poltergeist?
Back in 2006, a Californian family lived the nightmare of a Poltergeist attack. Susan Lewis said that she never realised just how difficult it was to live through something like this. The spooky phenomenon started when Susan and her daughter Jamie began living with Susan's boyfriend and daughter at the house.
After settling in, strange things started to happen. Peanut butter was spilled in the kitchen, and at first they believed it was the cats that had knocked it over. Then things got considerably weirder. Objects around the house started being lined up, bottles of cleaning fluid were dumped on the floor and a horse figurine flew off the side and fell to the ground.
At first Susan thought it was one of the children, maybe trying to get attention because of the new circumstances. But soon the family realised that something strange was going on. Matt, the boyfriend didn't believe a word of it, until one day when Susan decided to make an altar to appease the ghost by placing a small statue of a cat next to some candles. Matt got annoyed and threw the small cat out the door.
Only to turn around and see it back on the altar. After this things only got worse. Fires were set in the house, things got wrecked until one day they had enough and moved out. Sadly the stress caused Susan and Matt to split up. Even though he had seen the evidence in front of him, he still blamed it on the girls. The video below is just a small part of the the phenomenon.
We humans tend to think in a very narrow way when something scares us. Especially over the last hundred years or so ever since the beginning of the Spiritualist movement and a belief in real ghosts.
We have, without realising it become accustomed to listening and watching everything from ghost films, horror programs and everything supernatural.
In other words we have taken all this information into our Psyche and without realising it we access that information when anything similar occurs in our lives.
However modern we may believe we are, there is a part of our minds that is still purely ancestral. Whether we believe this or not, the fact is that as our ancestors believed in the other world, and placed great store by giving gifts to the gods. And we are still very much like that today.
Unless someone is scientifically minded, they will always believe that the Poltergeist is in fact a real ghost. And the more they believe, the more the family will take it as true. And therefore the phenomena will carry on.
So is there another explanation? Well yes, many in fact.
Poltergeist or a Troubled Child?
Open Your Mind To Other Possibilites.
What To Do If You Believe You Are Under Psychic Attack By A Poltergeist.
The problem is fear. When we are confronted by something so frightening that we do not understand it, we automatically go into the fight and flight mode. This is a biological reaction that affects our bodies. Adrenaline will be released into the muscles of your body and you will react by trying to escape as soon as you possibly can. Your mind will centre on the one thing you need. Escape. The trouble starts when you try to think rationally. Adrenaline in this case will overtake your will to consider other possibilities. So what must you do?
- Think! Not when you are under attack, but when the phenomena has stopped. Get a piece of paper and a pen, sit down and make a list.
- Plan. What are you going to do? First of all write down the common sense approach first. You cannot leave home. Where would you go? First things first. Start at the beginning.
- Question. The first thing you should do is sit down and discuss it with your family. Is there someone else in the house or street who is playing games with you? Is it possible its one of your own children? Are they having problems that could be making them do this to get attention? Are they having trouble at school? Need your help and are afraid to ask? Its very possible as this may be the only way they can interact with you.
- Search. Take each room one step at a time. Look for rats, cats stray dogs, or even stray people! You may have a burglar, or even worse, maybe they are hiding out in your house. Check the attic, and the cellar, look under beds search cupboards and just about everywhere else someone or something could be hiding.
- Open Your Mind. There are other possibilities apart from Poltergeist activity. There is something called Telekinesis that has been more or less proved. I say more or less as anything beyond conventional science is a tricky business to study. But its said that children and adults have an energy surrounding them which is caused by brain activity.
- Sometimes in rare cases, if a child is unhappy for any reason they can actually lose control of this energy and send it out and cause objects to move. This could well be the cause of the phenomenon. The best way to see which child or even adult may be the culprit, is to send each person away for the night to see when and where it happens. This should give you some indication of which person is the culprit. Even though they may not realise they are the actual problem.
- Poison. There are many cases where hallucinations can be caused by leaking gas. Check out all gas outlets. Monitor for Carbon Monoxide poisoning, even a small amount could cause hallucinations. Too much is deadly, but if its only a small amount this could be the thing that is messing with your judgement. Think about whether you have bought new furniture, carpets or appliances. Certain chemicals in the cloth or flooring could be causing you all to imagine the so called Psychic phenomenon or Poltergeist.
- Check Records. Go to your local library and see who lived in your house before you. Have they had similar experiences? If not, then it must be something you are doing or have in your house. If they did have a poltergeist, then maybe you need to look deeper into your houses location. Are you on a strong natural radioactive line? Is there something about the area that can cause a malady of the senses? Overhead cables for example? People have been known to experience dizziness and ringing in the ears because of the cables causing an electrical discharge.
An Ordinary House With Troubled Residents
Most Likely Scenario.
The most likely cause of your Poltergeist is going to be one of the children doing it. Whether it is because they are scared or frightened of a particular situation, maybe bullying at school, or even a change of house. Have you recently moved in with someone, changing the whole dynamics of your relationship with your kids? Take all this on board before you decide it really is ghostly goings on.
All these things could well be the cause of the so called Poltergeist Activity. After doing all of the above, if you still cannot find a normal explanation then there is only one more thing you can do. Move!
Or if you are brave call in a Priest or Holy Man. Maybe there really is a Noisy Ghost, Poltergeist or Spirit trying to get your attention! Good Luck.
Links: Strange Phenomena
- Past Regression - Jenny Cockell- The True story of a...
Read this amazing womans story a tale of reincarnation that will amaze you
- Rosemary Brown Psychic Medium And her Musical Compos...
Rosemary Brown was a psychic medium who claimed to be in contact with dead Musicians. With the help of Chopin, Liszt and many others, she produced beautiful music that caused controversy by her accurate portrayal of the music sent to her by the Ghost
- Aura Imaging Photography What Does My Aura Say About...
What is Aura Imaging Photography? Colors of the Aura explained, what happens when you go to have your Aura read, and my personal experience.
- The Supernatural and Psychic Index Hub by Nell Rose
The supernatural index a listing of time travel, reincarnation, angels, ghosts, precognition and premonition by Nell Rose
- Angels - Do you believe they help you in times of em...
Do you believe in Angels? These strange beings have been documented throughout history but what exactly are they?
- Sleep Paralysis Is it a Normal Phenomenon or a Psych...
Sleep paralysis affects many people around the world, but is it a normal phenomenon or psychic event?