Problems - Price for Progress
Problems are a part of life. No matter who we are (rich or poor), it’s inevitable that we face problems but the good thing is 99% of the time, they do not come to stay – which means they can be overcome.
Dealing with Problems:
- Reflect on past resolved problems. Think of other problems you have had and how you got through them. At the time,it seemed like the world would come to an end and you probably felt helpless, but somehow you got through it. Well, any problem you are going through now will have the same outcome – You will get through it.
- Talk about it. Don't keep it in and leave it eating away at you. Speak to close people around you about it. Friends, family. It is said that “a problem shared, is a problem halved”. They might be able to give you sound advice, or help you or just make you feel better by giving you a listening ear.
- Feed your mind with positive thoughts. As a Christian it could be by reading Christian books or the bible. If you are not a Christian, there are a lot of self-help positive books out there. When you read them you feel better within yourself and have a positive attitude to face the problem.
No matter what it is, be positive that you can get through it and Good will come out of it.
Light at the end of the Tunnel
Napoleon Hill (famous writer) was a very wealthy man. He lost everything in the Wall Street stock market crash. However, he got back on his feet and made even more money than he had made before.
There are people who have dumbfounded doctors. They have been told that they will never have children or never be able to lead a normal life due to a disability but the people defied the odds – had babies, led normal lives etc. Some of these people even went on to write books about their experiences which now insprires others.
Overcoming Factor - For some, its their Faith that gets them through, for some it’s a positive attitude but overall their determination carried them through.
Food For Thought - From Problems to Progress
- Sometimes problems turn out to be stepping stones to a good thing in your life. Example, In 1995, I lived in a one bed flat in Liverpool, UK. (It was a house made up of 4 flats). The landlord decided at one point that he wanted to renovate the flat and gave us notice to leave. I started looking at newspapers and saw an Ad for a Flat – and ended up buying it. Now, I was so young then and maybe about 2 years into my First Job. It was never ever a thought of mine to buy a flat at that time, but the problem moved me to it.
- From the problems you go through you are able to give advice on such issues in the future as you’ve had the experience. This will be beneficial to friends and family and they can avoid any pitfalls.
So, in a Nutshell – You can and will overcome any problem.
There is a light at the end of the Tunnel.
Read the Conclusion: Problems - Positive Thoughts
Before success comes in any man's life, he's sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That's exactly what the majority of men do.
Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.
How to Overcome Failure and Achieve Success
- Napoleon Hill - How to Overcome Failure and Achieve Succes
Napoleon Hill - How to Overcome Failure and Achieve Succes.