- Religion and Philosophy
Realms of Light and Love
A yin and yang symbol in the shapes of two carp fishes on the Christmas gift of a calendar given to me and with my name printed on it …
A fellow community member recently commenting on my post somehow leading me to review a comment previously made about yin and yang being God’s energies of love and light …
The author of the book I’m reading mentioning about another book, “A Course in Miracles” (ACIM)…
My penchant with Ray Griggs’ excerpt regarding perception, “To see is to be blinded by colours; to hear is to be deafened by sound; …”
Synchronicity? There must here be more to these than meets the eye, more to these than meets the ear.
As I sat down to my silent sitting meditation, the article idea and title “Realms of Light and Love” came, making me excited, I entirely forgot to say “thinking” as is the procedure when encountering thoughts during a sitting which was supposed to be meant to seek silence.
In my heart I believe that we can live in realms and light and love. In my heart of hearts I believe I should share the little that I know for a fact in my experience, for the believers and skeptics alike to take the chance to see beyond looking and likewise know for a fact in their experience that there is another way to live in this world when not fettered by the illusion of ego.
How can we touch these realms of light and love?
A Course in Miracles, Workbook Lesson 132:
“I loose [release] the world from all I thought it was.
- What keeps the world in chains but your beliefs? And what can save the world except your Self? Belief is powerful indeed. The thoughts you hold are mighty, and illusions are strong in their effect as is the truth. A madman thinks the world he sees is real, and does not doubt it. Nor can he be swayed by questioning his thoughts’ effects. It is but when their source is raised to question that the hope of freedom comes to him at last.
- … anyone is free to change his mind, and all his thoughts change with it. …
- The present now remains the only time. Here in the present is the world set free. …
- … Perhaps you think you did not make the world, but came unwillingly to what was made already, … Yet in truth you found exactly what you looked for when you came.
- There is no world apart from what you wish, and herein lies your ultimate release. Change your mind on what you want to see, and all the world must change accordingly.
- … There is no world! This is the central thought the course attempts to teach. …
- But healing is the gift of those who are prepared to learn there is no world, and can accept the lesson now. Their readiness will bring the lesson to them in some form which they can understand and recognize. …
- … The sick are healed as you let go all thoughts of sickness, and the dead arise when you let thoughts of life replace all thoughts you ever held of death.
- … You are as God created you. …
- … the lesson for today … [is] another way of saying that to know your Self is the salvation of the world. To free the world from every kind of pain is but to change your mind about yourself. There is no world apart from your ideas because ideas leave not their source, and you maintain the world within your mind in thought.
- Yet if you are as God created you, you cannot think apart from Him, nor make what does not share His timelessness and Love. Are these inherent in the world you see? Does it create like Him? Unless it does, it is not real and cannot be at all. If you are real, the world you see is false, for God’s creation is unlike the world in every way. And it was His Thought by which you were created, so it is your thoughts which made it and must set it free, that you may know the Thoughts you share with God. [underlining is mine]
Reading the above ideas from ACIM, it becomes clear how much our beliefs create the world. And with the darkness and fear we experience in the world, clearly we are going about our existence under the ego’s illusions instead of from “Thoughts we share with God” or a spiritual perspective.
True Self versus Ego
Mostly called the false self, the ego bases its identity on its goal of separation, that is, separation from God and our fellow human beings. There always is a separate self versus others. It believes in scarcity and in competing for the perceived scarce resources.
A previous article names labeling, judging and identification as three challenges in overcoming the auto-pilot effect ego has on our behavior.
A more in depth resource as regards understanding the ego can be found at ACIM, ‘The “Dynamics” Of The Ego’.
The true self believes in oneness with Divine Providence and in that everything that is needed is sent our way whenever we need them, that people, animals, plants, situations … everything happens in its perfect time and place when we base our existence on our trust in our Almighty Creator:
- Understanding that His Will is actually our own will, we actually see that things we need arrive even as we think or become aware of the need. On a deeper level, that our complete dependence (e.g. that even the smallest of our accomplishments is not really our own but by Him) on Him is the root of true abundance in life.
- Being attentive to the present moment, we automatically become alert to answers to the questions we ask God or the Universe. These answers can be in the form of a song, a dream, a hard-to-find book somehow becoming easy to find, a chance meeting with a friend or a stranger at the supermarket checkout counter, finding yourself right across the store just when you were thinking you needed to buy a certain item, etc.
- Using the observer point of view, we are mindfully aware when our ego self is interacting with another’s, so that we are able to objectively step back from the energy of the unfolding situation.
These are some of the spiritual yet concrete experiences that can be had from going beyond the ego self, to touch the realms of light and love. And these realms will be as infinitely as varied as the number of individuals there is in humankind.
“To see is to be blinded by colors. … To hear is to be deafened by sounds.” We just need to go beyond our usual limiting perceptions and practices of labeling, judging and ego identification. Spirit or God or the Divine is always there providing us concrete spiritual experiences if we care to notice or just be alert and in the HERE and NOW, the only place and time that actually exists, where instantaneously we can leap to our realm of Light and Love.
“Lesson 232 – Be in my mind, my Father, through the day
… certain of Your care, and happily aware I am Your Son.” – ACIM