Ryanisms. Return of The Little King.
Back by pseudo-popular demand.
So. I decided to stockpile some of the things I say constantly, or rules that I live by. If you don't know me, you probably won't be as entertained, but for those of you who do, here are some things you can chuckle about after I die/get abducted by Aliens/Russians.
51. Control your own jealousy. Regardless if it is professional, romantic, or social, envy is the most dangerous emotion.
52. I'd say 3 out of 4 girls who have mostly guy friends have self-esteem issues. It's not because girls are "catty" or "dramatic", it's because guys will say whatever they need to get what they want, and girls love to hear it.
53. That whole, "I'd rather have a few real fri-" stop it. This isn't middle school. If they're fake, they aren't your friends. Grow up.
54. Social media makes everyone feel important. I'm in a band! I have a political message! It doesn't mean that you're important. It means you have a connection to the internet and some kind of keyboard. Congrats, you're the same as the average lower class american.
55. When it comes to all writers, artists, musicians, that I know, the ones who go the farthest aren't the most talented, or even the most creative. Success comes from work ethic. An average musician who works hard all the time will be more successful than the most talented musician of all time who doesn't work at all.
56. There is a right and wrong way to say everything. You could say "I love you" with a condescending tone, and all that I'll want to do is punch you in the face.
57. Undersell your knowledge. Then instead of people saying "He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does" they'll say "He actually knows quite a bit".
58. Pause during every conflict with another person, and reflect on how you negatively impacted the situation. You might find that you were more responsible than you thought.
59. What If regrets never go away. Why Did I regrets eventually became Remember That One Time memories.
60. You should be afraid of the future, SPOILER- Nobody makes it out alive. So make every day count.
61. Life and Death are the same. Death is just the end of life and the beginning of something else.
62. If you spend all your time protecting yourself from death, you are also hiding from life.
63. The lowest of lows are what make the highest of highs... well... high.
64. Don't be afraid to tell people they'll never make it. If they're meant to be great, you're pushing them, if not, well, you were right... Again.
65. Stop projecting your insecurities onto others and start working on yourself and maybe you'll find that you're content just being yourself.
66. It's okay to talk to yourself as long as you don't talk back.
67. I know you're reading this.
68. If someone makes a fact-based, albeit negative comment about something you're passionate about, that doesn't make them a "hater", it makes them a "human being", with "opinions" and "feelings".
69. If you can work after it's stopped being fun, you've accomplished something. Getting hyped over an idea is childish.
70. The worst part of finishing any book series is knowing that those characters you fell in love with no longer exist.
71. If you spell "our" like "are", you don't deserve to be on the internet.
72. You didn't notice there wasn't a number 62.
73. Don't watch recent Al Pacino interviews on YouTube... Please. Just don't.
74. Your gut is always right. No matter what.
75. Cat people are awesome... As long as they have less than 5 cats.