- Religion and Philosophy
Astrological Personality Traits and Relationships of the Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
Here's what you'll learn about a Scorpio in this article:
- The Scorpio personality
- Scorpio relationships (romantic or professional/business) with other astrological signs
Scorpio Personality Traits
- The Scorpio loves to dig into the deep inner being of humans -- they are the detectives and journalists of humans. Scorpios are also intuitive, sensing danger before others. The Scorpios are seekers of the hidden mysteries of life.
- Scorpios are steadfast, almost to a fault, in their convictions and are rarely wishy-washy in their desires. If your Scorpio says they want something a certain way, they will get it. Scorpios go after what they want, when they want, and how they want.
- The Scorpio personality is not keen on change, as they are a fixed sign.
- Also being a water sign, the Scorpio is as mysterious as others are to them. Scorpios will not share their emotions easily, which leaves them susceptible to being misunderstood.
- They may be seen as arrogant and stubborn, when in fact they sense danger or just know what they want.
- If you cross a Scorpio, they will not forget it. They will not allow themselves to be hurt and will do what they can to protect their heart. If you are a lover of a Scorpio, and cross them, it may take some creative work to regain their trust and love.
A Scorpio's Need for Blue Skies
Scorpio may seem tough and stubborn on the outside, but they need to know that all is right in the world. Scorpio do well when connecting to nature.
Scorpio Relationships: Business and Romantic
- Aries. Because Aries and Scorpio are both stubborn and stick to what they feel is right, they are a good business match. In a romantic relationship, this attitude will have Aries and Scorpio at odds with each other, always trying to be more in charge than the other. Aries can be dreamy and impractical and to the level-headed, steadfast Scorpio, this may cause frustration in a romantic relationship. In a business sense, this type of relationship can be dynamic and exciting. The two personality types will bring out the best in each other, as long as there is a break (such as going home after work) between the two as both signs need time to recharge.
- Taurus. The Taurus is an Earth sign and can be very compatible with Scorpio. Opposites can indeed attract. Be careful of that though, because opposites can also repel. Taurus and Scorpio signs are lovers of sex and intimate connection. They love to stay at home and would much rather be doing that while watching movies, as opposed to being out partying or at other social events. The emotional side of Taurus may leave Scorpio feeling a bit emotionally exhausted in trying to keep up with their Taurus lover. But, in the workplace, this could be a team that is unstoppable. Romantically, there is hope -- give it a try to see. The various moons and sun at the time of birth also affect the personality.
- Gemini. The Gemini is one of the most talkative of the signs. While it seems that Scorpio wouldn't like this, it can still work -- especially in the workplace. The Gemini can do all the talking for the Scorpio, who will be busy researching the project. In a romantic relationship, Gemini will keep Scorpio entertained and updated on all the information they can want. Scorpio loves to delve into others’ lives, even if they don't like to share from their own, while the Gemini loves to gather information. The hardest part of a romantic relationship will be for Gemini to give Scorpio their much needed downtime.
- Cancer. The Cancer, like Scorpio, is a water sign, making this match a very good one. Cancer is shy and quiet. So, in the workplace, Scorpio will be the vocal one -- the speaker of the team. Cancers understand the emotions of the Scorpio and need as much solitude as the Scorpio -- this mutual understanding makes for a good relationship. The biggest concern is that Cancer will feel intimidated or submissive to the determined Scorpio. If Scorpio can make sure they are not hurting the sweet Cancer, this is a good blend, both in the work and romance department.
- Leo. A Leo is every bit as stubborn and steadfast as the Scorpio. There is no doubt that each will understand the other, but a romantic relationship may be a bit more interesting than each would hope for. With both signs wanting to be in control of the relationship, and both wanting to have things the way that they want, this may not be the match you, Scorpio, are looking for. That is not to say it won’t work, but whether it is work or romance, there is no doubt that there will be work involved to keep this relationship going.
- Virgo. Virgo are calm and gentle, while also being knowledgeable and interesting. Scorpios find this very intriguing. Virgo will bring out all the good in Scorpio and for this; Scorpio will have a great deal of respect for their Virgo partner. Whether it is in work or romance, this is a good match. Virgos love to work hard and are very organized. This aspect also flows into the home life. Virgos are not the type to be demanding so they won’t task the emotions of the Scorpio. All in all, this is a good match.
- Libra. Libras loves to socialize. They love people and feel at their best when surrounded by friends. For a Scorpio, this can be very challenging, both in the workplace and romance. Libra will be charming everyone around them, while Scorpio just wants to blend into the background and escape back to their home. Have you ever seen a scorpion wanting to be out in the open? Your Scorpio friend or coworker is just like that. This relationship may be fine for the workplace, but it may take a good deal of effort romantically.
- Scorpio. Scorpio and Scorpio -- two very passionate people. Sexually, this will work; but in the long term, it may not be the best of matches. Scorpios are possessive, passionate and opinionated. When two Scorpios get together, the sparks may fly. In the workplace, this can be a fiery duo. Nothing will stop two Scorpio working on the same project, unless they have differing opinions. But, with dedication to the project, this duo is unstoppable. Romantically though, there may be too many challenges.
- Sagittarius. Sagittarius are intellectual and love the facts. This may lead to some interesting and intense conversations with the Scorpio who usually prefers to go with their gut. Scorpio may get frustrated with their Sagittarius partner because they can be so serious and definitive. Sagittarius are not deeply emotional whereas the Scorpio is. Scorpios look for the deeper meaning of everything with a person, they love to study people. Sagittarius do not study people as much, but they are very talkative. This may stress out the Scorpio. Whether it is work or romance, this matching may be too difficult for most.
- Capricorn. As a workaholic, the Capricorn can relate to Scorpio's borderline obsession when it comes to taking on projects. In the workplace and romantically, this relationship gets a two thumbs-up. Capricorn and Scorpio understand each other on a deeper level than most other sign combinations. They understand the need for work, to be busy but not impeded by other people. This deep level of understanding will translate well into a romantic relationship.
- Aquarius. Aquarius are hard working and very intellectual. While Scorpio are too, they also like warm emotions and individual attention. Aquarius seem to be aloof because they are always thinking or looking to the latest in technology, research or other things to stimulate their minds. In the workplace, this is a good pairing. But, romantically, both partners may become bored with the other due to lack of combined interests. Aquarius also love their quiet time, almost solitude, where they can read up on the most recent news or scientific discovery. Scorpios love their solitude as well, where they can examine the human psyche in the comfort of their own home. Both partners may feel as if they are alone in the relationship because of lack of shared obsessions. It can work, but may be very difficult.
- Pisces. Sweet, loving and instinctually nurturing, the Pisces is much like the Scorpio, who is also intuitive. Both partners will understand the other when conversing about intuition. Pisces will not fight for control of space, letting Scorpio make the decisions. Pisces are followers, while Scorpios prefer to lead. This is a very good match both in the workplace and romantically.
© 2013 Cynthianne Neighbors