Seek Christ, Seek Truth, Seek Life
A True Witness
As far back, as I can recall I have been conscious of an Intelligent Designer of the physical world. As I got older and learnt of the physical laws that govern our galaxy and the universe it was obvious to me that there MUST be a POWERFUL Creator of all things visible. The Bible offered answers, but the TRUTHS in its pages were sometimes hidden from me SINCE I did NOT SEARCH its pages as for HIDDEN TREASURES [Proverbs 2:1 – 6].
Then my younger brother brought a wife from a foreign country who knew little of Christianity. The Christianity that she knew of she rightly condemned as a FALLACY, but I have since PROVEN the Bible to be ACCURATE, and TRUTH from God Almighty, JEHOVAH. Our discourse began via E-mails quite inadvertently and progressed to literature, CD’s etc. My earnest SEARCH for TRUTH revealed and confirmed MANY things. Allow me to numerate a few.
1. The PERSONAL NAME OF God has been replaced by LORD or God in MOST Bible translations.
2. In the masoretic texts [ancient Hebrew] God’s NAME occurs nearly 7,000 times from Genesis to Malachi. When these texts have been quoted by Jesus and others God’s divine NAME would also appear in the Greek Scriptures [so-called New Testament].
3. There are thousands of manuscript copies in Hebrew, Aramaic[less so] , and Koine Greek from which Bibles have been translated.
4. Unless you speak these ancient languages, your best opportunity for accuracy lies in reading and comparing CONTROVERSIAL TEXTS in as MANY DIFFERENT TRANSLATIONS of the Bible as possible. Please compare Revelation 1:11, 1 John 5:7 [Comma Johanneum], and 1 Timothy 3:16 to begin with.
5. There are MANY DIFFERENT denominations WITH DIFFERENT TEACHINGS, this is contrary to the teachings of the Christ [Anointed One] whom ALL Christians CLAIM to follow.
6. Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth. Just as you sent me forth into the world, I also sent them forth into the world. And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, that they also may be sanctified by means of truth. "I make request, not these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word; in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me, and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. John 17:16-21.
7. Sadly, my sister-in-law mentioned earlier, like the professed Christians she condemns, does NOT HAVE the truth. The God who she acknowledges is ALL POWERFUL she has accepted the words of man and think that God is incapable of preserving his TRUTH as recorded by Moses and others [about 40 persons] over a period of some 1610 years.
1 Timothy 4: 1 reads: However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and TEACHINGS of DEMONS.
2 Peter 2: 1 – 3 read: However, there also came to be FALSE PROPHETS among the people, as there will also be FALSE TEACHERS among you. These very ones will QUIETLY bring in DESTRUCTIVE SECTS and will disown even the OWNER that bought them, bringing speedy destruction among themselves. Furthermore, MANY will FOLLOW their acts of LOOSE CONDUCT, and account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, with covetousness they will EXPLOIT you with COUNTERFEIT WORDS. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.
8. Truth is God’s Word as recorded in the Bible [John 17:17, Psalm 119:160].
9. Those who want to live must follow the One of whom Deuteronomy 18:18, 19 and supported by John 3: 35-36, 6:14, 7:40; Acts 3:19- 23 refer to. Yes,
10. Jesus Christ, was sent by Almighty God [John 8:42] and spoke ONLY what
11. he was told to [John 5:30, 12:49]. As Adam was the father of all mankind, Jesus is the father of all who benefit eternally from his sacrificial death [1 Corinthians 15:45, Romans 5:12, 6:23]. This is not to be confused though with the One who is Creator of all things [including Jesus himself [Revelation 3:14, Colossians 1:15, Proverbs 8:22-31, Galatians 4:14] and who CANNOT DIE [Revelation 4:10, 11].
12. We bend our knees and do obeisance to Christ as God's appointed King [Luke 1:31- 33] who will rule over a cleansed earth [Philippians 2:5- 8] and who existed in heaven prior to his assignment on earth [Micah 5:2, John 17: 24, 25]. But, we worship ONLY the Father of all things, Almighty God, Yahweh/ Jehovah [Matthew 4:10, Psalm 83:18, Exodus 6:3].
13. Those who refuse to render exclusive devotion [Deuteronomy 6:4] to Almighty God [whom we approach in the name of his Son] then Jesus will say to them what is recorded at Matthew 7:21- 23.
14. It is not for naught that the scriptures mention that the entire world is being
15. deceived by a malevolent force spearheaded by Satan, this is borne out at
16. Revelation 12:9, 13:4, 8; 1 John 2:17, 1 John 5:19 etc. All honest- hearted
17. persons need to be aware that certain fundamental truths essential for salvation as taught by scripture have been substituted by Neo-platonic, pagan influenced fallacies. The very validity of the Bible has been questioned due to incorrect renderings in certain Bible translations in order to lend support to one such fallacy. Compare 1 John 5:7, Revelation 1:11 and 1 Timothy 3:16 in the KJV vs. NIV for instance.
18. While speaking to persons about the Bible from time to time a few seem to be confused as regards my conviction. I am a witness of Jesus the Christ and the One who sent him [John 8:42, 1 Corinthians 11:3], Almighty God, JEHOVAH. When I sought to be baptized in water, this I did in August 2006, as a Jehovah’s witness.
Proverbs 4:18 (New Century Version)
18 The way of the good person is like the light of dawn,
growing brighter and brighter until full daylight. Proverbs
4:18 (American Standard Version)
18 But the path of the righteous is as the dawning light, That shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
19. If you would find LIFE then, please, read CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING, AND DO.
He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and plainly show myself to him." John 14: 21.
Righteous Father, the world has, indeed not come to know you, but I have come to know you, and these have come to know that you sent me forth. And I have made your NAME known to them and will make it known in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them." John 17:25-26.
As for the believers from among the nations, we have sent out, rendering our decision that they should keep themselves from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood and what is strangled and from fornication. Acts 21:25.
see also Acts 15: 28, 29.
.......... the fruitageof the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23.
But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against. Acts 28:22
If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you. John 15:19. see also 1 Peter 4:4.
Subject yourselves, therefore to God, but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones. James 4:7-8.
2 Peter 1:5 (English Standard Version)
5For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith(A) with virtue,[a] and virtue(B) with knowledge6and knowledge with self-control, and self-control(K) with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7and godliness(L) with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection(M) with love. 8For if these qualities[f] are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or(N) unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he(O) is blind, having forgotten that he was(P) cleansed from his former sins. 10Therefore, brothers,[g] be all the more diligent to make your calling and(Q) election sure, for if you practice these qualities(R) you will never fall. 11For in this way there will be richly provided for you(S) an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Romans 10: 9 – 15 NWT
For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.
11 For the Scripture says: “None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”
Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21 (American Standard Version)
American Standard Version (ASV)
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said, and among the remnant those whom Jehovah doth call.
Copyright © 1901 Public Domain
21 And it shall be, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Copyright © 1901 Public Domain