- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Simply Believe...God's Word - a Short Devotional
Simply Believe... God's Word
Recently I was reading through the book of Daniel, and it struck me again (yet another 'aha moment'), just how incredibly faithful and trustworthy our Heavenly Father really really is.
Daniel 9:2,3 says - '... I understood from the Scriptures, according to the Word of the Lord given to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation...would last seventy years (which had now passed)...so I turned to the lord...in prayer...'
Daniel fully believed and expected that what God had said over 70 years ago - He would do.
Verses 21-23 go on to say - 'As I (Daniel) was praying, Gabriel...came swiftly to me...He explained to me, 'Daniel, I have come here to give you insight and understanding. The moment you began praying, a command was given. And now I am here to tell you what it was, for you are very precious to God...'
You can be confident that -
* God keeps His Word - always! always! always!
* God is not like some people who are casual with their words, who often make 'throwaway' comments and prattle on senselessly - God always speaks 'on purpose'.
* Unlike some people, sometimes parents, teachers, friends of associates, who promise and don't deliver. God always delivers what He's promised.
* God does not lie. Numbers 23:9 says, 'God is not a man that He should lie.'
* God doesn't forget or procrastinate.
* Every word God says is true, on purpose and will happen - no doubt about it!
* God's word is eternal, will not fail, or go out of usage or style.
* God's Word is alive, active, creative, powerful.
* God watches diligently over His Word - to perform it. That is, bring it to pass.
* You can have absolute faith and reliance in God's Word and in His faithfulness and His promises to you.
Joshua 23:14 - '...You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises that the Lord God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled...'
Prayer - Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for your Word and your wonderful promises. I thank you that you are true to your Word and that I can confidently rest in your faithfulness to me. Amen.
God is good to His Word...we simply have to trust and believe Him.
M.J. Drury (c) 2015.