An Honest Confession : Can You Concentrate In Prayers
An Honest Confession!
© Chitrangada Sharan June 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
- Every morning, I sit down to pray:
- --with closed eyes and folded hands:
- --in a Namaskar,(Salutations) chanting Mantras(chants or sacred utterances)..
- --Soon after I realize that my mind is preoccupied in thoughts about my near and dear ones.
- --Their well being, their big and small problems, small issues of the household or the workplace,the relatives or the neighbors, or worse enough, the kitchen menu for the day or anything on the Earth for that matter, but
- ---While the lips are still chanting Mantras and physically I am still sitting at the Pujasthal, (The prayer room), the mind is elsewhere.
- ---the mind travels faster than light or any other mode of transport!
- --I feel guilty and ask for forgiveness to God, for lack of concentration.
- --I make a promise to GOD, that I will concentrate on my prayers from now onward, whatever may happen and whatever may be my cause of worry.
- ---The God is smiling----He always does---- and I feel a sense of relief, presuming that he has forgiven me.
- ---I try to concentrate again----and again---and again!
I am sure this may be happening to others too.
God warms his hands at man’s heart when he prays.
~ John Masefield
The 10 Senses or the 10 Indriyas-- Jnanendriyas and Karmendriyas:
- According to the yogic belief, the human being has 5 entrance doors.
- They are called the Gyanendriyas or Jnanendriyas, the organs of the senses, namely--Eyes(seeing), Ears(hearing) , Nose(smelling), Skin(touching), Tongue(tasting).
- Gyana means knowledge and Indriya means senses.
- The 5 exit doors are called, Karmendriyas, the organs of actions or work, which includes hands, legs, eliminating and reproducing doors.
- Karma means action and Indriyas means the senses.
- These are Sanskrit words and 'Yogic meditation' involves conscious and active inclusion of all these 10 Indriyas or senses!
So, How Do We Pray And Pray Correctly?
According to the Yogasana or the Yogic Gurus, there are five Gyanendriyas (the organs of senses) and five Karmendriyas (the organs of actions or work).
And when most of the Indriyas (organs) of your whole being is involved, it is a meaningful prayer or meditation
But what is 'True Prayer'?
The very desire to sit in front of the God, have his Darshan (manifestation or sight/ vision), share your joys, sorrows, worries with him like a close friend, it is true meaningful Prayer, isn't it!
The whole purpose of Prayer is to open up to him, love him and seek his direction and draw strength from him.
As it is said, nothing happens without a reason and without 'His' will. So why not leave it to 'Him', to set things right for you!
Is there some correct way of Praying to GOD?
Prayer can be done in many ways.
- Thanking Him, for something good, which has happened to you, is also a kind of Prayer.
- Confessing for the mistakes you have committed, with a promise to mend them, is also a kind of Prayer.
- The real Prayer is in fact, to Believe, that 'He' is there for you and 'Have Belief' in 'His' existence.
- Appreciating the Nature and making efforts to preserve it, is also a form of Prayer.
- Helping those who are needy is also a kind of Prayer.
- Feeding those, who are hungry and homeless is also a kind of Prayer.
The great people of the earth today are the people who pray, (not) those who talk about prayer…but I mean those who take time and pray.
Do you believe in the power of 'Prayer'?
- There are many persons, who do not have enough time for prayers, because they have many responsibilities on their shoulders.
- Does that mean that they are doing something wrong by not sitting in front of the GOD and performing their rituals and prayers!
- I believe, NOT!
- The service to mankind is service to GOD, Himself.
- If you really want to find 'Him', see 'Him', you may find 'Him' in the smile of a child' in the wrinkles of a granny'.
- The joy and satisfaction which you experience, when you help a poor, helpless and sick person is the real 'Prayer'!
- To love 'Him' and seek strength and direction from 'Him' to try to perform our 'Duties', with full sense of devotion is the real 'Prayer.'
© Chitrangada Sharan 18th June, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Amazing video on prayer, source: You tube
Listen to some relaxing music, source: You tube
Other Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- Some Small Desires Are Yet To Be Fulfilled!~~~ A Po...
The desire to be together till eternity~~True love can not be expressed in words. Flowers can help to express beautifully. But some deep feelings and unfulfilled desires, even flowers cannot express.
- The New Beginnings, with Prayer And Hope : A Poem!
The end of a Year is neither an end nor a beginning but it is going on, with all the wisdom and experience it has given us.The new year is here before us like a new book waiting to be written.
- Oh My Precious Life, Oh Dear! Please Move A Little S...
Life is not always certain. Act now, perform duties, fulfill desires, make amends with relationships as towards the end of your life, you may look back and realize that there was a lot you could do.
- 50 Inspirational, Motivational, Uplifting Quotes: Ex...
Quite often I find people posting Inspirational quotes on Facebook, Google+ and other sites, which are truly motivating and appear just at the right moment, when you are in need of that friendly boost.
- Why Is This Happening To Me? Have Self Belief And In...
Whenever something unfavorable happens, we blame destiny, Why me only? But it happens to others too. It is Your Self Belief and Inner Strength which helps you cope with the trials, challenges of Life.
- Life Is So Uncertain : What If Something Happens Sud...
Life is so uncertain and vulnerable. We hate to think about this; but what if something happens unexpectedly? Are you prepared? Have you made sure that your close ones do not face any hardships?
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan