- Religion and Philosophy»
- New Religions & Cults
Spiritual Quotes by 6 Enlightened Masters of 20th century
Wisdom quotes from the masters of our time
There may be many people who get enlightened but do you know there are 6 people who dominated the last century by their wisdom, love and light. Although there views are different, ways are different, techniques of meditation are different but the message is the same. Awakening and love. Every master teaching the same thing, and telling the importance of self-realization. Unless you know "who you are?" everything you do will be wrong. "Who am I" is the fundamental quest of all spirituality and meditation. One similar thing about following masters is that no one created any organized religion. Their followers may create a religion around their philosophy that is different thing. They are teaching religiousness and not the religion. Their wisdom is fire and it has power to burn the ignorance of ages. In following quotes they teach us about learning, guru, love, death, relationships, meditation, awareness, courage, truth, fear, enlightenment, living in the moment and much much more. I hope you may like to share this post with your friends on facebook and tweeter.
U. G. Krishnamurti
- Only if you reject all the other paths can you discover your own path.
- A messiah is the one who leaves a mess behind him in this world
- The human organism is not interested in your wonderful religious ideas--peace, bliss, beatitude or any such thing. Its only interest is survival. What society has placed before us as the goal to reach and attain is the enemy of this living organism.
- Stop thinking and start living.
- God is the figment of man's fertile imagination.
- You are more useful to the Nature dead than alive.
- Religions have promised roses but you end up with only thorns.
- Unless you are free from the desire of all desires, Moksha, liberation, or self-realisation, you will be miserable.
- All I am saying is that the peace you are seeking is already inside you, in the harmonious functioning of the body.
- Why should life have any meaning? Why should there be any purpose to living? Living itself is all that is there. Your search for spiritual meaning has made a problem out of living.
U. G. Krishnamurti books
- There is no need to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.
- I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect.
- Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms.
- All ideologies are idiotic, whether religious or political, for it is conceptual thinking, the conceptual word, which has so unfortunately divided man.
- A consistent thinker is a thoughtless person, because he conforms to a pattern; he repeats phrases and thinks in a groove.
- Why do you want to read others´ books when there is the book of yourself?
- The mind has to be empty to see clearly.
- Truth is more in the process than in the result.
- Pain itself destroys pain. Suffering itself frees man from suffering.
- From these prejudices there arises conflict, transient joys and suffering. But we are unconscious of this, unconscious that we are slaves to certain forms of tradition, to social and political environment, to false values
- Find out what is true and false in your environment with all its oppressions and cruelties, and then you will find out what is true. Why do you want philosophies?
J. Krishnamurti books
- The rebel has no path to follow. Those who follow any path are not rebels. The very spirit of rebellion needs no guidance. It is a light unto itself. The people who cannot rebel ask for guidance, want to be followers.
- Witness that you are not the body. Witness that you are not the mind. Witness that you are only the witness.
- My whole teaching is: Just be what you are and don't care a bit about the world. Then you will feel a tremendous relaxation and a deep peace within your heart. That is your original face, relaxed, without tensions, without pretensions, without hypocrisies, without the so-called disciplines of how you should behave.
- I am not serious, I am just celebrating. And when I talk to you, I am not giving you an ideology, a philosophy, a religion — no. I simply want to share my celebration.
- Don't cling to anything. Clinging is the cause of our being unconscious.
- Whenever you punish somebody you are punishing yourself. Whenever you torture somebody you are torturing yourself — because there is nobody else.
- Old age is your own creation: it can be a misery, it can be a celebration; it can be simply a despair, and it can also be a dance. It all depends how deeply ready you are to accept existence, whatsoever it brings.
- I am teaching you to live simply. To live with an idea is a very complicated living, it is cunning. To live simply, just like trees and birds….
George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff
A man can only attain knowledge with the help of those who possess it. This must be understood from the very beginning. One must learn from him who knows.
- A man will renounce any pleasures you like but he will not give up his suffering.
- If you want to lose your faith, make friends with a priest.
- It is the greatest mistake to think that man is always one and the same. A man is never the same for long. He is continually changing. He seldom remains the same even for half an hour.
- Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.
- From my point of view, he can be called a remarkable man who stands out from those around him by the resourcefulness of his mind, and who knows how to be restrained in the manifestations which proceed from his nature, at the same time conducting himself justly and tolerantly towards the weaknesses of others.
- Faith of consciousness is freedom, Faith of feeling is weakness, Faith of body is stupidity.
- I ask you to believe nothing that you cannot verify for yourself.
- Remember your self always and everywhere.
- By teaching others you will learn yourself
Sri Ramana Maharshi
- See who is the doubter, who is the thinker. It is the ego. Hold it; the other thoughts will die away - the ego will be left pure. See the source from where the ego arises and abide in it. That is pure consciousness.
- There is no mind to control if you realize the self. The mind having vanished, the self shines forth. In the realized man, the mind may be active or inactive, the self remains for him.
- Real attainment is to be fully conscious, to be aware of surroundings and the people around, to move among them all, but not to merge consciousness in the environment. One should remain in inner independent awareness.
- The fact is that the Self is never bound. There can, therefore, be no Release for It. All the troubles are for the ego only
- You are already perfect.
- One can know oneself only with one's own eye of knowledge, and not with somebody else's. Does he who is Rama require the help of a mirror to know that he is Rama?
- How is the mind transcended? The mind is by nature restless. Begin liberating it from its restlessness; give it peace; make it free from distractions; train it to look inward; make this a habit. This is done by ignoring the external world and removing the obstacles to peace of mind.
- It is the nature of the mind to wander. You are not the mind.
- The Self remains ever the same, here and now.
- Since one is ever the Supreme Reality and nothing else, it is superfluous to affirm it in thought or by speech. Such affirmation can be an aid only to rid oneself of the notion 'I' am the physical body
Ramana Maharshi books
Avatar Meher Baba
- The purpose of life is to realize God within ourselves. This can be done even whilst attending to our worldly duties. In the everyday walks of life and amidst activities, feel detached and dedicate your doings to our beloved God
- The real untouchables are those who will not enter the heart's temple and see the Lord within.
- To love Me for what I may give you is not loving Me at all. To sacrifice anything in My cause to gain something for yourself is like a blind man sacrificing his eyes for sight. I am the Divine Beloved worthy of being loved because I am Love. He who loves Me because of this will be blessed with unlimited sight and will see Me as I am.
- I have come to sow the seed of Love in your hearts
- There is nothing that love cannot achieve, and there is nothing that love cannot sacrifice.
- If we suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others, we are loving God.
- Being is Dying by Loving.
- To love God in the most practical way is to love our fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.
- I have come not to Teach, but to Awaken
Meher Baba books
Who is your fevorite master?
My fevorite master is...
You may also like...
- 12 Quick Self Confidence Secrets
Photo credit: Hamad AL-Mohannna Confidence is not the absence of fear, It is, rather, the total presence of fear, with the courage to face it. To develop unstoppable confidence first of all we have to...
- 10 tips to implement meditation in daily life
Meditation is not something like you seat in the corner for 30 minutes silently and then come back to normal everyday life. You can remain in meditation all the time. You can meditate in all situations. I'm...
Ending of your spiritual search, source code to change human machines into human beings!