The 144,000 - Chosen and Sealed by God.
What Happened to the Tribes of Dan and Ephriam?
First things first, this is a literal 144,000: 12,000 from each of 12 specific family groups with two families omitted.
Jacob had 12 sons that would be beginnings of a people, chosen by God and set apart for His service, not because they were the greatest of all people but were the least of all nations. This is reminiscent of our election by God; the weak, the foolish and the nothings of this world. The map to the right displays the original land division of Joshua 13:1-19:48 with the following characteristics:
- Levi would not inherit a portion of the land for they were to serve the temple.
- Joseph would receive a double portion divided between his two sons; Ephraim and Manasseh.
Revelation 7:4-8 Dan and Ephraim are missing; replaced by Levi and Joseph and as a family group, are not involved in the 70th week. Why?
- Judges 18:30 Dan introduced idol worship to Israel.
- Hosea 4:17 Ephraim is joined to idols.
- The two major centers for idol worship were Bethel in Dan and Shiloh in Ephraim.
It is amazing when you think about it: Ephraim did not have any border with any heathen power and was on Dan's eastern border, while Dan had a small border upon Philistia. Idol worship is like a cancer; it only needs a small opening and soon all the northern tribes were consumed with it and these two tribes would pay dearly for their sin. This includes their participation in the 70th week. Fear not, for the land divisions of Ezekiel 48, the millennial temple and reign of the Messiah, mirror that of Joshua. Dan is even mentioned first in the Ezekiel passage.
Christian beware: Acts 20: 27-30 we are just as susceptible to falsehoods and the deceits of the wicked. Do not be quick to judge.
Palm Trees Adorned the Temple.
The World will be Without an Excuse!
Sealed in their foreheads; a sign of the redeemed (Revelation 22:4). Their "soul" purpose will be to minister salvation under the most harsh of earthly physical conditions to a large portion of this world that will be ready to hear their message, even if it will cost them their lives. You ask how could only 144,000 effect such an evangelistic campaign? They are the natural branch and we have seen nothing in history outside of Jonah and Nineveh, like they are going to accomplish in a short 42 months. Using the Jesus method in sending out His disciples 2 by 2 would mean that 72,000 two man teams would be unleashed upon the earth. If the population is around 8 billion; each individual team would only have to reach an average of 83 people a day: a very doable number.
Their results speak for themselves:
An uncountable number out of the 70th Week (Revelation 6:9-11); more than likely, martyrs all and well acquainted with suffering. These are the seed of the woman of Revelation 12 and the target of every bit of fury that Satan can muster. All heaven worships our Lord and Savior because of their presence and they in turn worship with "palms" in their hands. Think about it for a moment: hundreds of millions of martyrs and everyone has a palm frond. That is a lot of palm trees and where did they get them? Besides the fig and olive tree, palm trees in heaven must be as common as sand on our seashores.
Palm Trees: did you know that there are about 2,600 species of palm tree and that they do not have rings but are a stem plant. Also they are rather prevalent in Scripture.
- First mention - Exodus 15:27 - Elim with 12 wells of water and 70 palm trees. Good numbers.
- Leviticus 23:38-40 The feast of tabernacles made with boughs of goodly trees, palm branches.....
- Jericho was the city of palm trees.
- Palm trees proliferated the design of Solomon's temple in 1 Kings 6:29-35
- Psalm 92:12 "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree....."
- The millennial temple of Ezekiel 40 & 41 include palm trees in its decorations.
- Jesus entry into Jerusalem was greeted with palm tree branches.
- Revelation 7:9 - palm trees are a part of heaven's worship.
Israel has been prepared, the 144,000 have been chosen and sealed; nothing is left but to release the winds of judgment. We have no comprehension of what really this world is about to go through, but praise God, you can have an opportunity to watch it from the sidelines if only you believe. May God bless.
To-date, I have brought you the shrinking sun, the escaping moon, meteors and space dust. These topics are straight forward, easy to confirm the data and in many respects should be raising red flags when one takes a moment to think about them. Let's shift from the heavenly to an earthly topic: the world's population.
The Population Growth Spawns Fear Among Many.
We will let the establishment set the basis of our investigation; read what Wikipedia reports and let's have some fun.
"The world population has experienced continuous grown since the end of the Great Famine and the Black Death in 1350, when it was near 370 million.The highest growth rates – global population increases above 1.8% per year – occurred briefly during the 1950s, and for longer during the 1960s and 1970s. The global growth rate peaked at 2.2% in 1963, and has declined to 1.1% as of 2012.Total annual births were highest in the late 1980s at about 138 million,and are now expected to remain essentially constant at their 2011 level of 134 million, while deaths number 56 million per year, and are expected to increase to 80 million per year by 2040."
6.8 Million Year Old Early Man
this is the caption that accompanied the picture to the right.
"Back in the Beginning
To put a human face on our ancestors, scientists from the Senckenberg Research Institute used sophisticated methods to form 27 model heads based on tiny bone fragments, teeth and skulls collected from across the globe.
The heads are on display for the first time together at the Senckenberg Natural History Museum in Frankfurt, Germany.
This model is Sahelanthropus tchadensis, also nicknamed "Toumai," who lived 6.8 million years ago. Parts of its jawbone and teeth were found nine years ago in the Djurab desert in Chad. It's one of the oldest hominid specimens ever found."
You may be asking; what does this have to do with the world's population? Logic!
For the sake of discussion, let's set some base parameters with which to work, because I want to use their numbers against them.
- Man has been around only 1 million years.
- The world's growth rate has been measured at between 1.1% and 1.8% with some lows and highs; I will use 0.5%. This can take in global catastrophes, famines, pestilence, war and whatever.
Some questions to ponder:
- If man has been around for a million years, why haven't we suffered massive global overpopulation by now or any period for the last million years?
- Using the growth rate of 0.5% for a million years: where are the fossils and artifacts for the 3,000,000,000,000, yes 3 trillion humanoids that would have existed and died during that period? Fact: the earth's land surface covers approximately 57.5 million square miles and simple math would lead you to think, shouldn't we find something from the 52,000+ per square mile of humanoids that supposedly existed. Take into account, that only a portion of the earth is truly habitable and then the evidence for this "history" should be staggering. To paraphrase a Leakey quote: "After all these years of searching, the sum total of our findings can be stored within one coffin."
- To reverse calculate the growth rate to achieve all humanity from one pair of "humanoids" and even taking into account catastrophes, etc., the rate approaches zero. What that translates to is a birth every 900 years or so for the first several millennia.
- Per latest U.N. studies, the earth's population on the "high" end could exceed 14 billion by 2050 with the mid-range around 8 to 9 billion. What would the population be do you think by 4015, 2,000 years from today? Fact: Using only a 1.1% growth rate and a current 2015 population of 7 billion a massive problem will begin to surface. By 2025 - 9.6 (billions); 2035 - 10.7; 2045 -11.9; 2055 - 13.3; 2065 - 14.9; 2075 - 16.6. NOW consider for the moment that the Biblical flood did NOT happen. Can you imagine what the population of this planet would be after 6,000 years without the flood doing population control?
- Using again 0.5% growth rate and calculating backwards, you will find that about 4,000 years ago, the current population could be narrowed down to only 2 or so "primal" ancestors. About the time of the so-called, by evolutionists, myth of a global flood.
As you can see, by applying some logic and doing the math, millions of years do NOT compute. What does that say about some other subjects such as: dating methods, earth's magnetic field decay, short term comets and the lack of evidence of "evolutionary" changes in plants or animals?