Prelude to the Return of the King of Kings!
An Earthquake Unlike All Other Earthquakes.
Islands are Mountains That Will Crumble into the Sea.
My Neighbor - Mt. St. Helens is not Dead.
A slight exageration but conveys the idea.
Fanfare For Judgment
It is done!!!!!!!
No mas, no mas; the earth and its people can take no more! All of the major cities of the world; except one, have fallen into complete ruin. The ring of fire which encircles the Pacific Ocean will put on a fireworks show to end all shows and every island nation and state will cease to exist; including our beloved Hawaii. I live 60 miles due west of Mt. St. Helens; Mt. Rainier is 80 miles to the northeast; Mt. Adams is 90 miles to the southeast and Mt. Hood is another 40 miles to the southeast. When the ring of fire goes ballistic; from the Canadian border down to the northern California coast will become a futuristic wasteland.
Mankind has no where to hide; if the earthquakes don't get them and the mountains do not fall on them; the hail will. I could envision a mass exodus from the major cities, islands, coast-lands and mountains before the 7th bowl comes along and rears it deadly head. The passage in Revelation 6:15-16 "...and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains...hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the throne; and from the wrath of the Lamb:" now takes on a much clearer picture. The mountains will be just piles of rubble and the last hiding place on earth: to no avail.
Those who live in middle America know hail: we in the northwest get hail seldom and when we do, it's mostly pea sized or smaller. Those who live in and around tornado alley have seen killer hail stones but no one has ever seen what God has reserved for the straw that will break the wicked's back. The weight of a talent is approximately 16 pounds: to put it in perspective; a gallon of water weighs approximately 8 pounds and remember when water freezes, it expands. Imagine hail the size of two one-gallon milk jugs and with the weight of a bowling ball. Now imagine the physical and mental state of the armies awaiting our Lord on the plains of Megido and Israel: it will be sorry sight; defeated before they even begin.
Babylon the Great
Babylon the Great Unmasked
One Last Detail - Revelation 16:19 & Chapters 17 and 18
One major city, only one did not fall with the rest of the world's major metropolises: the "great city; great Babylon was remembered separately because of its peculiarly wicked doings. Revelation 17:18 "...and the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth." You ask, why would I think that it is New York? It is the only major city of the world to meet all the criteria set forth in Scripture and logically, it is the only one that makes sense for the following reasons:
- Revelation 16:19 "...and the great city was divided into three parts,..". Notice the map above of NYC and you will see that when the bridges fall that connect Long Island, Manhattan Island and Staten Island; NYC will be divided into three parts.
- The United Nations along with the embassy's of most every nation on earth have already been long established in NYC and there would be no need to recreate the wheel.
- Revelation 17:15 "…the waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.". There is no other city on planet earth that is more ethnically diverse than NYC. It is truly the melting pot of the peoples of the world.
- All markets of the nations of the world flow through NYC; the true banking and commerce center of mankind. Whoever controls the money, controls the people. The description of the goods and services listed in chapters 17 & 18 that are under its control describes NYC today.
- The recent renaming of the New World Trade Center to One World, Trade Center gives us an idea of the mindset of the powers that be.
- Revelation 18:22 speaks of it being a great center of music: NYC is the music capital of the world.
- Its location befits that of being central to a majority of the world's commerce and politics.
- One last thing: when you sail into NYC harbor you will notice a sign on the southeast coast of Long Island. It displays "Welcome to Babylon"; and yes there is a big time touristy city of Babylon and they have a pretty impressive website.
When the earth's powers restructure themselves, NYC has had the groundwork in place since WWII and it is even more indelibly entrenched into every day life worldwide.
The Beast upon which Babylon the Great rides.
The Beast From The Bottomless Pit
As I described in my blog titled Act II: Enter the Beast: the great whore, Babylon the Great, does not ride upon the authority of Satan directly but of his number one henchman, the Beast. Both he and the Devil have seven heads which represents seven kingdoms whom were driven by the power of the Beast under the authority of Satan: the Devil was too busy trying to play politics, in and out of heaven. Only the Beast has been in the pit and was released during the fifth trumpet judgment; just in time to assist his boss when he is driven from heaven for good.
The name of the whore, Mystery, Babylon the Great, etc...., has a direct association with the ancient city of Babylon. Each major world kingdom was ruled and overseen from one city: Egyptian from Memphis; Assyrian from Nivenah; Babylon from Babylon (obviously) but the kingdoms of both the Medes/Persians and the Greeks made Babylon their new capital. Even the Romans occupied Babylon for a period of time: it was a gloriously beautiful city. At the time John wrote Revelation, five of the kingdoms existed no more and the sixth, Rome, was the power. The seventh is coming and the power behind the thrones has not changed; except this time there is much more of an urgency within the kingdom of Satan. Another thing, notice in verse 17:11, it states that he, the Beast, "..even he is the eighth and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition (Lake of Fire)."; the kingdom of darkness has always been behind those kingdoms which have tried to conquer and rule the earth.
Revelation 18:10,17 - Destroyed in ONE Hour
Her Judgment Stands Alone
The Sentence: Death
- Verse 18:3 Greed and avarice: the kings of earth have waxed rich by the "wrath of her fornication", the plundering of the defenseless and the righteous.
- Verse 18:7 Pride; "I am a queen, and am no widow and shall see no sorrow."; which goes before destruction.
- Verse 18:14 Slavery and the souls of men as merchandise.
- Verse 18:23 Drug capital of the world for by it "...were all nations deceived."
- Verse 18:24 Murder of the prophets, of saints and of ALL that were slain upon the earth.
The Executioner: The Ten Kings
The sovereign God of creation shall harden the hearts of the ten kings to destroy NYC with fire; it shall be sudden and quick. Satan and the Beast are now concerned with the Middle East in anticipation of our Lord's return. The kings will throw their "...power and strength unto the Beast" for this final deciding battle as there will no longer be a need for any world governing body; there is no world left to govern. They are as deceived as Satan and the Beast for they have everything riding on the outcome: their last hope of survival. Should the Devil win the battle; they would then be among the very great in a universe of total evil. Sorry, they lose big time.
One Last Plea From God:
Revelation 18:4 speaks of survivors of the bowl judgments, who have not taken the Mark or worshiped the Beast, as being His people. God shall place it in their heart to flee; whether it is from advance knowledge of the outcome from Scripture or the witness of the Martyrs: they shall be moved. Too many times we all have heard that small still voice within us; leading us to do that which is pleasing to our Lord; unfortunately we have not always heeded the call to our misfortune. Even at the end, God Almighty has people, the sheep, reserved for coming kingdom and they shall all be there, for none shall fall from His hand.
Note: God does not use superfluous words but exactly what he intends to convey to an ear that can hear. He has reserved about 10% of revelation for this one event and it would be wise to read and pay close attention, for in doing so; we may live a life that may be the word of life to another in the not so distant future. May god bless.