The Ace of Wands Tarot Card Meaning
If you put the Minor Arcana in a logical system of order, the first card, according to most people, would be the Ace of Wands; so this is to be the first card definition I write up.
The Ace of Wands
The Ace of Wands carries the promise of opportunity for a positively fabulous new start. Note the word opportunity - this means that the potential to make positive things happen exists, but the rest depends on you. Nurture and diligence are a necessary part of the blend.
This Ace carries with it the power of fire, which possesses the ability to do good or to create havoc and damage. Fire is the most powerful of all elemental energies in terms of what it can do if mishandled, and should therefore be managed with due thought and care. The strength of fire is in using the will effectively.
Wands Suit basics
Each Ace embodies the essence of its suit. The basic premise of the suit of Wands describes how your mindset, communications, choice of action, and interaction with others discerns the direction your life path will take. In life we make decisions as we go along. The choices you make are indeed creating the ruling energy governing your life.
Courage, creativity, youthful vitality, boldness, energy and passion are traits commonly referred to within the Wands suit; they are virtues we employ as we forge our path.
Here, some basic meanings for the Ace of Wands Tarot card are offered.
The Ace of Wands Dignified or Upright
- A positive sign, the energies of the Universe are on your side in the situation at hand.
- Your perspective of the matter at hand is appropriate and good.
- Suggests a moment or a combination of factors providing the right circumstance to proceed with a creative project.
- Urges you to take action, as by doing so you will open up a pathway to improvement.
- Taking the initiative to move forth with a project, possibly despite setbacks.
- Refers to confidence in a number of ways, such as recognizing you have necessary skills and virtues, having a good sense of who you are; and feeling certain that all will turn out for the best.
- An opportunity for romance involving a sexual attraction will make itself available to you.
- You will do best to break away from your current setting and work on your project alone.
- Is telling you to look to creativity for answers. Example - if you are looking for a new job, think about finding something that involves using your creative flair. If something in another area of your life isn't working, then think or work creatively to find an appropriate solution.
- A moment when a solution or an answer becomes quite clear to you.
- An obstacle is upcoming, but don't let that daunt you.
- With other cards suggestive of the same, may portend of pregnancy.
- If facing significant blockages, look for an alternate path to success - it's there.
The Ace of Wands Ill Dignified or Reversed
- A fresh and new perspective is needed to proceed successfully.
- Delay will occur.
- A delay is suggested to avoid obstacles that may be posed to you at this time.
- You are not using your creative abilities.
- Cautions you to be considerate of those around you.
- Confidence in skill or ability is lacking, and this is hindering you from moving forth effectively.
- Serves to caution against all negative traits. If you are being overbearing, heavy handed, or oppressive to someone in any way, this is telling you to lighten up. If you are suffering against oppression from someone, this tells you to acknowledge that fact.
- The way you have been proceeding or the methods you have chosen are not ideal, and will not lead you to your desired end.
- A caution to think carefully prior to engaging in a new romance; it may be all about sex and lack other substance.
- You are letting a passion or desire drive you without properly managing it.
Ace of Wands Tarot Card Meaning Video
Do you read Tarot cards?
Ace of Wands - Upright and Reversed
© 2013 GwennyOh