The Benefits of Being Grateful
An Attitude of Gratitude - Expressing Gratitude
With so much going on in our lives today it is easy to forget and overlook who and what we are truly grateful for. It can be challenging to focus on what we are grateful for when we are feeling overwhelmed, dis-satisfied or disgruntled. We can find any number of reasons (or excuses) for not focusing on what we are grateful for, such as:
· Feeling too busy or stressed in our daily lives
· Focusing on the negatives in life and the world around us
· Paying attention to what we may feel we are ‘lacking’ in our lives
· Waiting for things to change for the better
· Focusing on what works needs to be done rather than on what you’ve already achieved and are steadily achieving
These reasons are understandable, but unfortunately they get in the way of fully feeling, living and expressing the most powerful emotions we have access to - the power of gratitude.
When we choose to re-focus on the positives and choose to be grateful for what we have rather than what we do not have, the power of transformative gratitude changes our lives. The more we are grateful and show gratitude for all the blessings in our lives, the more we will receive in kind. Simple things we take for granted that we can choose to be grateful for each day will lead us to receiving more blessings in our lives.
Stop and take stock of your true core values ... ask yourself:
“What do you love most about the people in your life?”
“What do you appreciate about your life and lifestyle today?”
“What are you truly grateful for, both small and large?”
The emotion and expression of gratitude makes us feel good about ourselves, others and our world. It is also a wonderfully powerful attractor of love, peace, abundance, good health and wellbeing, success and connection with self and with Source. The more we positively focus upon what we already enjoy, appreciate and truly love in our lives, the more we find we have to be grateful for.
There are too many ways to practice gratitude to list but some simple things to do could include:
· writing cards, notes or emails and expressing your gratitude to others who have touched your life;
· meditate and focus on what you are grateful for and thank the Universe for your blessings;
· arrange a lovely dinner party or impromptu celebration for yourself and others;
· keep a gratitude journal and make sure the write in it regularly;
· keep a simple list you can add to as you think of precious things to be grateful for;
· think of some unique, thoughtful and personal ways of expressing your gratitude to others and yourself ... treat yourself with love and appreciation.
Enjoy your blessings ...
Love and Light
Your Attitude Determines Your Life
- Your Attitude Determines Your Life
There are those of us who see the glass as half-full and others half-empty. How we choose to determine the first from the second is up to our attitude and belief system. The choice of how we view our lives...
- SPIRITUAL PATHS - Steps to Awakening
We are living in a time where people are embracing their spiritual side. Even those who do not use the label of spirituality are open to concepts such as trusting their intuition and finding their...
- Making Life Choices
Difficulties and life lessons enter our lives through many different doorways accidents, illness, loss of career, relationship upheavals and so forth. The variations are endless. Each of us is...
- Lightworkers & Lightworking
LIGHTWORKERS and LIGHTWORKING As spiritual beings in a human existence, we each have a purpose or mission to complete in our life. It is the reason we incarnated on the Earth plane. As...
- Positive Abundance and the Law of Attraction
Abundance is a Universal principle that many of us do not experience because we misinterpret it. We believe it means having material things and striving for more of those things. But abundance really...
- Negative Energies Around Us
ENERGIES Negative energy can be caused by ourselves, the people around us, electrical equipment, misaligned earth energies, black magic and the presence of spirits. The idea behind...
- Letting Go Of Negativity
Many of us struggle with the part of ourselves that wants to be rid of old negative patterns. It is now time to make a conscious effort to do this, because if we remain in our 'old ways' we will miss out on...
- Making a Positive Difference
Across the world, at this time more so than any other in the history of humanity, people from all walks of life are responding to an inner-calling. Many of these individuals resonate with this and feel...
- Healing Addictive Behaviours
Addictions Addictions are a result of giving away our power. Addictions of any and all kinds, go hand in hand with all kinds of negative feelings, situations, aspects and thought-patterns, and...
- Healing The World
HEALING THE WORLD Healing the world can come from the perspective of matter or spirit. Both energy work and spiritual healing can dramatically alter our experience of the worlds health. As with...
- Managing Your Anger
Are you quick to fly into a rage when someone pushes your buttons? Do you seethe with fury over minor slights? Anger is a natural, human emotion which we all feel from time to time. Learning to...
- The Law of Attraction in Action - Manifesting My New Dog
It had been a year since our family dog Buddy passed over and just a few weeks since Id lost my cat Mangey to cancer. Id been feeling their losses more so than usual, so sat out by their memorial rocks...