- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
The Best Dream Interpretation Website: Dreams Cloud
DreamsCloud is a dream journaling and dream interpretation website that is not only of high quality, professional, and unique but may also have a significant impact over time on how the world shares dreams.
People seem to be acknowledging the importance of dreams and dream sharing in recent times. The internet has allowed a forum for international dream sharing and dream exploration. Although there are many resources online, not all sites are dedicated to the overall well-being of their visitors and uphold moral and ethical standards of practice. The DreamsCloud unique website has combined the versatility and availability of the internet along with the standards and interpersonal connections we normally associate with successful not-for-profit and human service agencies.
Why do I think this is the best dream interpretation website?
I do not use the word "best" lightly. I have used many websites on dreams. DreamsCloud stands apart to me- not just because it is an attractive site but because it is well organized, has a global purpose, and is dedicated to helping everyone gain insight into their dreams. Read further for a brief review of DreamsCloud, its mission, its objectives, its emphasis on privacy and its unique collection of features and tools that will transform your overall dreamwork experience.
Why Should We Pay Attention to Our Dreams?
We spend 30% of our lives sleeping and have an average of 4-6 dreams per night. DreamsCloud has estimated we dream 10,000,000,000,000 dreams worldwide annually!
We should pay attention to our dreams not just because of the shear amount of time they represent but because our dreams collectively overtime are meaningful to us. Dreams are one of the most common topics of interest. There have been many books published, research conducted and educational seminars held on the topic of dreams, their meaning, and our ability to gain important insights and deeper self-awareness from the understanding of our dreams.
Dreams allow the dreamer to reflect. On what you may ask? We reflect on everything in dreams- even things unknown to us. Dreams, among other things, are our connection to our unconscious. Dreams allow us to solve problems, to create and think outside the box as well as reach personal goals and grow on a psychological and spiritual level.
The Purpose of the DreamsCloud Website
The founders of DreamsCloud identify their mission on their website as making "a better world by creating a deeper understanding of dreams and dreamers." The purpose of the website is to provide a source to allow all dreams to come together for the first time.
Fulfilling their mission is no small task. DreamsCloud intends to work towards this mission by providing the following:
- An international platform for dreams- dreams can be translated into a reader's primary language. The founders intend to continue to add features to ensure the website transcends language and cultural barriers.
- Site tools allow dreamers to easily record, gather, share, and safe-keep dreams permanently.
- The site's emphasis on privacy and security provides a safe forum for dreamwork.
- Features allowing visitors to share dreams with specific members, request feedback from others and receiving Professional Reflections on dreams increases self-awareness through inviting people to come together and share dream experiences.
The Importance of Privacy
Not all sites we come across have invested in privacy in security. Dreams Cloud has used their resources to provide a private and secure dream journal for its visitors. After joining, members are allowed to create a public and anonymous/private name. These two names cannot be linked, even by site administration, allowing you to post your dreams both as yourself and under an alias for privacy. Each time you enter a dream on the site you can choose to make the dream public or private or share the dream with just friends.
Unique features of DreamsCloud
Dreams Cloud offers a unique forum for dreamers to record or share dreams. Since Dreams Cloud is promoting dream recording and dream sharing, their format is unique and provides a benefit to visitors.
- It is free to join Dreams Cloud! This site has so many cool free features that support dream exploration.
- Using the free dream dictionary is a great way to brainstorm about your dream's personal meaning for you. Many symbols offer multiple meanings allowing you to truly explore potential interpretations.
- You could request a Professional Dream Reflection from the site's dream experts. This is especially handy when having a significant or "haunting" dream that's meaning just seems to escape you and demands more attention and feedback.
- The site allows you to have a private dream journal in a simple, organized and attractive format. It makes recording your dreams and reflecting back on past dreams a lot easier than traditional dream journals.
- The site crawls dreams for key words and provides statistics on the most common number, emotion, or word association. The site allows visitors to gain insight into dreams as a collection without actually viewing each dream.
- The site makes it easier to post and share dreams utilizing and continually exploring the latest technology. Watch the video below for further information on how the site works or visit DreamsCloud.com.
DreamsCloud: Log, Share, and Discover Your Dreams- and Yourself
This is a review of a dream interpretation and dream sharing website, DreamsCloud. The writer of this hub is also a DreamsCloud consultant. Have you checked out Dreams Cloud yet? Read other reviews of this amazing site. If you have any questions or would want to provide feedback to this review, please add a comment below.
Books from DreamsCloud Consultants
Many DreamsCloud consultants and affiliates are long-time members of the International Association for the Study of Dreams and authors. Here are a few books for your reference.
"The Dreaming Mind" was written by the late Robert Van De Castle, PhD. He has had significant contributions to dream research. I would recommend this book to the academic that has studied psychology and/or dreams.
"Notes From a Dreamer ... on Dreaming: A Personal Journey in Dream Interpretation" was written by Bobbie Ann Pimm. I would recommend this book to anyone starting to journal his/her dreams and exploring dream interpretation.
"The Alphabliss of Miss" was written by Angel Morgan, PhD. Her research can be found on academia.edu.