The Book of Jodah
The Book of Jodah
The Christian Bible has the Ten Commandments, and other religions and belief systems have set guidelines that their followers should try to adhere to in the living of their lives. Even atheists and agnostics need some sense of direction and focus.
The following alternative Commandments from "The Book of Jodah" are my own guide that I try to follow in my life. (Well, maybe not No. 11, but I thought it sounded good.)
Another Eleven Commandments
1. He who seeketh the sun shall also find shadows. There are two sides to every situation, always try to see the positive one.
2. Those who have excess but fail to share shall suffer famine of the soul.
3. Don't flee from your tormentors. Pity their jealousy and bask in their envy.
4. Stand up for what you know is right, even if it isn't popular. Never compromise your beliefs.
5. Protect the weak and innocent from oppression and the unjust.
6. Fear no evil and be bold in the face of adversity.
7. Be truthful. But truth without tact can be hurtful, so always use your discretion.
8. Always find time to read. There is power in the written word.
9. The meek shall inherit the Earth. So, always be humble in everything you do.
10. Fight the good fight. Finish the race. Stay strong in your faith, and above all, love unconditionally.
11. Set your compass towards the sea. Solve the ocean's riddles and you will find the answers you seek.
Have you read the Bible?
Read Between the Lines
Some say The Bible's out of date,
And written in the past,
Just relevant in days of old
And never meant to last.
But the scriptures offered guidance,
And set some structured rules
That man could choose to follow,
Or ignore if they were fools.
How to treat your fellow man;
To be generous and give;
When challenged turn the other cheek;
Advice on how to live.
All religions differ
In one way or the next,
But many values are the same,
And written in their text.
When you read between the lines
The messages shine through.
You see that they are relevant
For today's world and to you.
So, whether you're religious
Or an atheist is fine,
But it's good to have some ethics
To keep your life in line.