The Debate on Prayer in Schools
Prayer Brings Forth Change.
Would you be in favour of schools starting the day with prayer?
Rebuilding Our Faith
America was founded with a strong belief in God. Prayer was essential in homes and schools alike. Faith in God brought forth a better life for all. No one questioned these beliefs up until the last 50 years or so.
Since then, the path many Americans have chosen to take on this subject has in return led this country in a very dangerous direction. By removing or not encouraging prayer and removing The Ten Commandments in schools, we have opened up the door to a separation of God.
There should be no question as to encouraging prayer or having The Ten Commandments posted where kids can read them in every classroom. Sadly, many people disagree with that statement. Have you read The Ten Commandments lately? If not, here they are:
1. Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me.
2. Thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Graven Image, Or Any Likeness Of Anything That Is In Heaven Above, Or That Is In The Earth Beneath, Or That Is In The Water Under The Earth. Thou Shalt Not Bow Down Thyself To Them Or Serve Them.
3. Thou Shalt Not Take The Name Of The Lord Thy God In Vain; For The Lord Shall Not Hold Him Guiltless That Taketh His Name In Vain.
4. Remember The Sabbath Day, To Keep It Holy. Six Days Shalt Thou Labor, And Do All Thy Work: But The Seventh Day Is The Sabbath Of The Lord Thy God: In It Thou Shalt Not Do Any Work.
5. Honour Thy Father And Thy Mother.
6. Thou Shalt Not Kill.
7. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery.
8.Thou Shalt Not Steal.
9. Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor.
10. Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbour's House, Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbour's Wife, Nor His Manservant, Nor His Maidservant, Nor His Ox, Nor His Ass, Nor Anything That Is Thy Neighbour's.
So many people in this great country of ours have forgotten that God is still in control and wants us to put him first in our lives. He can put America back on the right path if we look to him. He wants to bless us and show us his greatness.
Sadly, so many have turned their backs on God in search of worldly things. Can bringing forth an effort to encourage prayer in school be an answer to problems?
Some ask which God should children pray to? There is only one God, our Heavenly Father. Others say it is the parents responsibility to teach kids to pray and not the schools. Would setting aside time at the beginning of each school day for prayer be such a bad idea? Most would answer no, but there are some who would argue yes, it would.
There has to be some sort of change to take place to make this country fear God again. Unless this takes place now, how can things get better? To many, starting each school day with prayer would be a great place to start.
Christians accepted the fact that there are some who didn't want prayer in schools. Could it be time for Christians to stand up and demand that prayer be mandatory in schools and the non-believers will just have to accept it?
I'm afraid there are just too many people that have chosen prospering in this world over living a Godly life. If people would just come to their senses and put the Lord first in their life, this world would be a much better place in which to live.
Jesus can return at any moment for his church. Will we that are saved be looking for him? Will we be about our Fathers business? Now more than ever we as Christians should be looking for Jesus to return.
May God Bless You!