The Number One Reason to Reconsider Your Belief in Eternal Hell
It has come to my attention that most Christians are not interested in sound reasons for why their eternal hell fire doctrine is unscriptural. Believe me, I am not ignorant of this. They are quite comfortable believing that while their god insists they love their enemies, god will torture all of his enemies for all eternity. Or is it Satan that will torture god's enemies? Or perhaps god made hell for Satan and his angels and accidentally wrote in his eternal constitution that whoever is deceived by Satan must also go to hell for eternity? It is unclear what most of them believe because their masters (theologians) have not agreed with one another on why eternal hell must be fair. But hellers are consistent only in that sin must be punished eternally. . . . . ., unless they somehow learn of christ and his sacrifice through their mysterious and unscriptural free will. I will start by giving the top reasons of a Gary Cottongim from his webpage "Hell, Fact or Fable". I have pirated these words because they cover much of what I and many other universalists have already shown. I also use his words to show these hell believing nitwits on Hubpages that Ray Smith of bible-truths.com is not the only possible source for this most basic scriptural truth. That would be the ultimate salvation of all mankind and the ridiculously unscriptural notion of eternal hell. While I like Gary's top ten list, he leaves out one very important reason for the lie of heller theology. But no offense Gary. I think you did an admiral job. But by leaving out my number one reason to reconsider this abomination of the spirit, you are surfing on a wave of panziness. Just kidding, you're alright with me. So everybody make sure and read my all important reason to reconsider your belief in that eternal hell crap.
TOP TEN REASONS TO RECONSIDER
YOUR BELIEF IN AN ETERNAL HELL
10. No mention of this doctrine can be found anywhere in the first five books of the Old Testament, or the Torah, the Law of Moses. In Deuteronomy 28, for example, the nation of Israel is given a list of warnings and curses in the event of their disobedience, yet not one of them involves this notion of eternal punishment in hell. If it were true, don’t you think God should have warned them? (see Amos 3:7)
9. Likewise, God commissioned the apostle Paul to deliver the gospel (good news) to the Gentile nations, but Paul never once mentioned this concept of “hell” anywhere in his epistles. Question: If it was Paul’s responsibility to warn the Gentile nations of this dread prospect, then why didn’t he? 
8. Several noted historians and scholars have testified  that the whole thing was contrived as an attempt to discourage criminal activity among the masses. Take a good honest look around you. Does it appear to be working?
7. Smith’s Bible Dictionary tells us (page 119) that the word “hell” was unfortunately used by the (KJV) translators to represent the Hebrew word Sheol , which is found in the Old Testament a total of 65 times, and would have been better represented exclusively by “the grave” or “the pit.” For whatever reason, this word is rendered by the English word “grave” a total of 31 times, by the word “hell” a total of 31 times, and by the word “pit” a total of 3 times. Why do you suppose all of the inconsistencies?
6. Words like “hell” and “damn” have completely different meanings today than they once had. Anyone with a good dictionary can find that this is true. Look up the word “hell” in your dictionary and you will soon learn that this word was derived from the Old English/Old High German word helan, which means to conceal. Likewise, the word “damn” came from the Latin word damnare, or damnum, and was strictly a legal term meaning a loss, damage, or fine. Nothing even remotely resembling eternal punishment in fire is associated with these words in their original sense.
NOTE: An excellent example of how a word can quickly take on new meaning can be seen with the word “gay,” which formerly meant (exclusively) to “be happy, or merry.” It has only been within the past 30 years or so that this word has become associated with homosexuals and homosexual activity. Do you see how someone today could easily be mislead while reading a pre-1970’s book containing a statement about a man being gay?
5. The Greek word “apoleia,” which has been rendered several times by the English word “destruction” (Example: “broad is the way that leads to destruction – Matthew 7:13), in its original sense meant “to suffer loss, or ruin” and never implied eternal damnation. Quite to the contrary, for example,I Corinthians 3:15: “If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss, but he himself shall be saved!” [Please note that this idea of “loss” is consistent with the (original) Latin word damnare/damnum]
4. The Hebrew word “olam,” as well as the Greek word “aion,” once spoke exclusively of an indeterminate period of time, or an eon (age). Just as in the case of our previous example with the word “gay,” as time went by, these words also began to take on new meanings; in this case, the concept of endlessness, or eternity. Hence, the concept of “age-abiding” punishment (for the purpose of correction) was changed to mean “everlasting” punishment (without remedy). And this was done (admittedly!) as an attempt to keep the masses in fearful subjection to authority .
NOTE: By exerting a little study time in the Scriptures, it can easily be proven that the Hebrew word olam, as well as the Greek word aion, cannot represent the concept of endlessness, or God’s written word contradicts itself. [Be sure to read Five Questions Your Fundamentalist Pastor Will Not Be Able To Answer]
3. According to orthodox Christianity, the “lake of fire” is supposed to be the final abode of the wicked where there will be an eternity (without remedy) of weeping and gnashing of teeth. In Revelation 21:4, however, we are clearly told that “God shall wipe away ALL tears from their eyes!” Likewise, in Revelation 20:14 this lake of fire is also referred to as the “second death.” But once again, God’s precious word refutes the finality of this death: “And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.” (Revelation 21:4) The apostle Paul also testifies of this truth: “The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” (I Corinthians 15:26) Whom will you choose to believe: God’s precious Word, or the misleading doctrines that are prevalent within orthodox Christianity? [Choose this day whom you will serve – Joshua 24:15]
2. God’s stated will for humanity is clear: “For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, WHO WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” (I Timothy 2:3,4) God also tells us that He is working all things according to the counsel of His will.” (Ephesians 1:11) And the prophet Isaiah makes it perfectly clear that [God’s] counsel shall stand, and [He] will do (or perform) ALL [His] pleasure! (Isaiah 46:10) Once again, whom are you going to believe?
And the number one reason to reconsider your belief in an eternal hell:
1.a) GOD IS LOVE! (I John 4:8) Like any good parent who loves their children, discipline is always for the purpose of correction. If your children got out of line, would you lock them up in your basement and torture them unmercifully for sadistic reasons? Of course not! Those who teach that our loving heavenly Father will do so do not know the heart of God.  Likewise, it would be the height of hypocrisy for God to command us to love and to forgive our enemies, while at the same time unmercifully torturing His enemies for all eternity.
1.b) LOVE NEVER FAILS! (I Corinthians 13:8) If just one precious soul were to perish apart from the love of God, then that would mean that either a) God doesn’t love that individual, or b) that somehow God’s love has failed in that particular instance. And I can assure you that it is a tragic error to believe that the Love of God will fail! For God IS Love, and Love NEVER fails!
Well, there you have it folks. Those are Gary Cottingin's reasons to reconsider belief in eternal hell. Now, for my number one reason. What could it be? I've written hub after hub showing that the word hell is unscriptural, eternity and forever are unscriptural, I even showed what Revelation has to say about the synagoges of Satan flooding the land. But none of those are my number one reason. Those are just proof of Who and What God Is. So my number one reason to reconsider. . . . .excuse me, absolutely throw this doctrine into the sewer is:
Only a spiritual mooron would believe such a thing. Look folks, God is Love. End of discussion. What's that? Not enough? Why am I not surprised? Of course that's not enough for hellers. After all, sin must be punished, right? And Christ did pay the ultimate sacrifice, right? But just for those who accept him during their physical lives? The scriptures never speak of salvation being contingent on acceptance during one's physical life. But what's new? Just when did assumption become the god of biblical interpretation? Probably when the wolves moved in after Paul's departure. But I don't even need to mention one scripture to prove my point. Eternal hell fire is a spiritually stupid doctrine of belief. I wouldn't burn someone forever. I wouldn't even burn someone for a minute. How much better and more merciful am I than the god of christiandom? Apparently, the exponential numbers wouldn't fit on this webpage.That's how much more merciful I am than the god of christiandom. But I have news for you. You hell believers are also that much more merciful than your god. In fact, even Hitler would have been exponentially more merciful than your pitiful god of torture. What? You don't believe me? Just imagine Hitler could burn his most hated Jew alive for an indeterminate amount of time. How long do you think he would have done it for? A day? A week? A year?
I say no more than thirty seconds. And this is no ordinary Jew. This Jew just led an entire olympic team to victory in every category over his entire German team. This Jew had all of the trains stopped and freed all of the Jews headed for concentration camps. This Jew did all of the things that Bugs Bunny, The Three Stooges (they were Jewish), Tarzan, Indiana Jones, and every other character in the movies did to Hitler and the Nazis. In other words, Hitler would be stark raving pissed at this Jew. And I don't think he would burn him alive in a special chamber where pain is experienced without death, for more than 30 seconds. See what I mean about your god? You are spiritually stupid if you believe in such a monster.
But then I get some reply saying something like "when we make god in our image blah, blah de blah". Or, God does not think as man. Well dahh. God thinks on a level infinitely higher than man. And if you think that such a level would make eternal torment acceptable, this shows how brain washed you have become through intensive indoctrination. It's dumb, stupid, unimaginably moronic. Why haven't I mentioned the evil in one's indoctrinated heart? Because hellers just don't realize the level of evil they have been indoctrinated into. So I just call them spiritually dumb.
But some will protest my description. Who am I to call someone dumb? After all, I'm no rocket scientist myself. But I bet there are some rocket scientists who do in fact believe in eternal hell fire. There are big university professors that believe in hell fire. People with innovative minds that have contributed great knowledge to this world: Some of them believe in eternal hell fire. So what does this prove? Nothing!! I'm talking about spiritual stupidity. And spiritual things come only from God. If God plans for you to be deceived, you will be deceived. If God wants someone with a 75 IQ to learn His truths, he will learn those truths. No, I'm not talking about myself here. My IQ is at least 5 points higher. I'm just pointing out how dumb people can be even though they may have vast knowledge. And it's these same smart and deceived people who are leading these synagogues of deception. They are the blind leading the blind. But keep in mind, I am only talking about the doctrine of eternal torment. I'm not talking about the numerous other silly and unscriptural doctrines of christiandom. I'll leave those alone and worry about my own study. But I challenge anybody to show why belief in some dungeon of immortal fiery hell is not an incredibly stupid belief.