The Order of the Kingdom
This is My Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.
The Order of the Kingdom
The following excerpt was taken out of Dr.Mark Handby’s book with Craig L Ervin, “You have not many Fathers”. Published by Destiny Image; 1996; pages 6-7.
The order of God within His Kingdom is the order of father and son. Paul writes to a chaotic Corinthian charismatic culture as a father to sons and sends Timothy as a model of what a son in the ministry is really like. The apostle then says that this is part of his ways which be in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church. If we are ever going to find our way out of confusion, we must find Gods ways in the Kingdom.
We have to return to the principle of God in father and son. This truth has been lost in the Church because we have modeled our relationships according to modern practices of business management rather than following a biblical pattern. We hire pastors and leaders to perform certain functions within an organizational structure that mirrors the operation of a chicken or hamburger franchise more than it reflects spiritual truth.
We are doing things God never told us to do. God never told us to form ourselves like the nations of the world. He never said to develop systems that slice truth into separate camps by naming and numbering the people. We have made our denominations so we can appear like all the other nations. The organizations of God’s Kingdom should be modeled after His Word, not the principles of this world.
There are some who know that denominations are not the answer for them. So they form communities and call them, Non-denominational or Independent. By calling themselves these names, they feel covered enough to commit the same practices, sometimes with even more corruptness than the very system they left. A system that still follows worldly principles of power and relationship is still the world, regardless of its official position or title.
Because the Church has not followed the ways of her Redeemer, non-biblical relationship has produced a non-biblical generation. God does not call us just His ambassadors or ministers. He calls us His children, His sons, the Church of the firstborn, His Bride, and His Body. We have built ministry relationships based on the kingdom of this world, not the Kingdom of our God and His Christ! That is why we are great at building organizational church structure, but not at participating in true Kingdom experience. Our enormous global numerical growth is dwarfed by the power of 120 men and women in the upper room. The purpose of the Church is to be an outpost for the Kingdom, not a man-made, man-patterned institutional, bloodless machine that produces programs and instructional models, but not sons and daughters.
When Paul tells the Corinthians that they have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers, the apostle is referring to the root of their problem being a lack of mature father leadership. The word for instructor here in the Greek is “paidagogos”, which means boy-leader. This term refers to a servant whose official position was to make sure the children went to school. Fathers are substituted by hired servants’ unrelated to spiritual inheritance.
Today there are thousands of ministry people who have been educated in the finest schools. Many have supplemented their formal education through audiotapes and videotapes as well as from books and magazines from qualified scholarly sources. Although there has never been a greater flood of biblical material available, there are precious few drops of biblical power manifested. We reach millions with information, but without spiritual relationship, impartation of truth is not given and received. The reason we have not seen a manifestation of power in biblical proportions is because we are not giving and receiving impartation by biblical pattern. We have ten thousand boy-leaders in Christ but not many fathers.
With a lack of fathers comes a lack of identity. We need so desperately to belong, to have boundaries, to know who we are in God. An orphan may seek many years for any information he can find concerning his heritage, for without a family line he will never really know himself. He may have many brothers and sisters, but without knowledge of his father, he can never recognize their kinship. Without proof of his lineage, he may be the recipient of a large inheritance that he will never be qualified to receive.
Many Christian leaders today can, when questioned, give you a list of men whose teaching has influenced their lives, but these same leaders cannot point to a father in the ministry. So, like the Corinthian church, we have ample instruction and abundant gifting, but we have not many fathers. As a result, we gather under the banner of a particular teacher or organization for our identity. We use our particular gifting as our source of personhood in the Kingdom. This perverts the very purpose of the gifts God gave to men. The product of this disorder is a sick, infantile Church. Unable to walk in the Spirit, she totters and sways, fulfilling the lusts of her flesh.
What the Church must have is a renewal, not only of the Holy Spirit, but of relational patterns in ministry. We must rediscover the wonderful truth of impartational relationship in the order of father to son. When we find God’s order, we will know our identity and fulfill our purpose in the Kingdom of God.
This prophetic voice penned these words twelve years ago, as a herald of things to come and sure to the kairos of the Father, this message is now being echoed all around the earth that the season has changed, for the fulfillment to the restoration of truth prophesied in Malachi 4:7, “…that I will turn the hearts of the Fathers to the sons and the hearts of the sons to their Fathers…” The Old Testament closed with those words after which there was a four hundred year period of silence. Thereafter Jesus the Christ comes to pick up the baton that was passed to Him by John the Baptizer, who we know to be in the spirit of Elijah.
Of all the Bible prophets why did the Father specifically nominate Elijah? It was the relationship between Elijah and Elisha, the relationship between father and son that he was chosen. When Elijah is about to be caught up by a whirlwind, Elisha cries out, “my father, my father, the horsemen and his chariot…” Then Elijah lets go of his mantle and Elisha picked up the double portion, which he had requested from his spiritual father, and we know that Elisha did twice the number of signs and wonders as did his father Elijah before him.
Then Jesus Christ the begotten Son of God comes to show us how that restored relationship should function, they functioned as one, “if you see me you see the Father”, me and the Father are one, I am in Him and Him in Me. Jesus departing prayer found in John 16 &17, is the same request, “Father make them one as we are one”, so that the world will know that you sent me. It is when the expression of the relationship between father and son has been fully restored that the world will come to believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God. The prayer of Jesus is not only one of unity between the brothers but also of unity between the Father and son.
Let us take a look at an Old Testament example. Firstly the O.T is filled with genealogies from one generation to the next and as often times we never understood the intension of the Holy Spirit in communicating this to us. But the purpose was to show us that the order of the Kingdom of God was from father to son. Everything in God is from father to son, to depart from the order is to depart from the Heavenly Father himself. The order was perverted in the days of Eli the high priest, when his son Hophni and Phineas, committed acts that was not in keeping with their calling. They then thought that if they paraded the Ark of the Covenant during a battle with the Philistines that they would have victory, that did not work as they were killed that same day as their father and this gave birth to “Icabod” meaning “no glory” and the family line of Eli ended there.
In the meantime God was preparing another man Samuel to take over from Eli, God called him to be the new father of Israel, his sons were to follow him in his ministry however 1 Samuel 8: 1,3-6, tell us another story of his sons being turned aside to lucre and took bribes and perverted judgments, their hearts was turned to their flesh not their father. This time the people of Israel did not want to trust and wait for God to fix the corrupt situation has He did with Eli, so they changed the order. They changed the order of God to the order of man. Their desire was to be as other nations to follow a King instead of following God. The wounding of their past caused them not to trust God any longer, by so doing they cut themselves off the order of God and his Kingdom that contained the blessing within that order. 1 Sam 8:4-5
The establishment of the kingdom of man was based on the rejection of the order of father and sons. And the Lord said unto Samuel, hearken unto the voices of the people in all that they say unto thee, for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. Now show them the manner of the king that shall reign over them. 1 Sam 8:7-9
The following are the nine warning points that a man made order will demand from them found in 1 Sam 8:10-18, given to Samuel by God.
· “He will take your sons and appoint them for himself.”
· “He will set them to plough his ground and reap his harvest.”
· “He will set them to make his instruments of war and instruments of his chariots.”
· “He will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks and to be bakers.”
· “He will take your field and your vineyards and your olive yards, even the best of them and give them to his servants.”
· “He will take the tenth of your seed and of your vineyards, and give them to his officers, and to his servants.”
· “He will take your menservants and your maidservants and your best young men and put them to his work.”
· “He will take a tenth of your sheep, and you shall be his servants.”
· And you shall cry out in that day because of your king, which you shall have chosen, and the Lord will not hear you in that day.”
I just want to show you something that I think is vital to this subject. Some of the characteristics of the kingdom of men, is that it can only operate in a worldly system. I have already established in previous editions of this newsletter, that the Cosmos (World) was created by Satan and it operates on 3 fundamental laws, namely the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. We have understood that to mean among other things ,that soulish man wants to feed himself, protect himself and cloth himself when he does not know God to be his father, who will gives him all that, as a son.
Notice how the systems of men are linked to the system of the world, in that it “takes” from you. To take, is to get control of, or to capture. When you operate under this system;
· You will lose the ability to guarantee generational transfer of your spiritual inheritance because you will not have control of your sons.
· You will have hirelings or servants in your household, which guarantees disloyalty, dis- harmony and strife in your life.
· Your sons will become men of war, war mongers have no peace in them, and they will not follow in your ways anymore. This could tantamount to them becoming gangsters, thus becoming lawless.
· Your daughters will be reduced to kitchen duty, their skills will be confined to only one part of life, unlike the Proverbs 31 women, they will not be able to rear and nurture the next generation of children as they will have reduced vision for their lives .
· You will lose your personal walk with the father, which is representative of your field, and you will lose the Holy Spirit, which is represented by the wine and the oil. This means that your internal restraint will be removed and your will lose your spiritual perception.
· Your ability to retain the Word will be reduced; it will be snatched away by the birds of the air, which is the demonic.
· You will lose all personal management of your life, easy tasks become a drag, you become passive and lose the zest for new things in the spirit. No excitement about moving with God.
· A tenth was the sacred portion to the Lord, the sheep is a representation of sacrifice and worship, you will not be able to sacrifice, and thus not worship God any longer. You will become selfish and will want to self preserve; self protect and will not be able to see others through the eyes of the Father. You will live from your soul and be caught up in the world and never enter the Kingdom.
· Your prayer life will not have any impact in the spirit, you cannot pray the Will of the Father but it will be reduced to prayers over current circumstances, like the petrol price, interest rates, crime, food prices. You will not know who your source is. The Father will not be able to answer you because you sold your birthright for a bowl of soup; you disempowered your spirit to feed the flesh.
When Adam sinned in the garden, he missed the mark as he sold his birthright for a piece of fruit, he lost more than his dominion, he lost his Father, he lost his home. The first Adam our brother lost it all but the last Adam Jesus Christ reconnected us back to the family of Heaven and to the Father. This event would reappear even as Esau sold the birthright and the blessing of the firstborn son to satisfy his flesh. The birthright is the responsibilities that comes with being the firstborn son and the blessing is the inheritance of the firstborn, when he realized what Jacob had done to him, he runs back to Isaac the Patriarch, and asks him to lay his hand on him to receive the blessing, but the Father could not do that, because it was a package deal. That is why God had to put a Cherub with a flaming sword to guard the Tree of Life from Adam. To be a true son you must take the responsibility that comes with the inheritance. The order of the Kingdom must be reestablished so that the world will see this order and say teach us your ways, O Sons of Zion.
Grace, Mercy, Peace and Love