- Religion and Philosophy»
Defining, Identifying and Treating Your Chakras
Stressful, Chaotic Lives Can Cause Our Chakras to Become Dense
What are Chakras?
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that translates into "wheel, disk or vortex."
It is believed that we all have a seven chakra system within our body, and these chakras have a direct connection with our energy and our health.
Our energy centers are represented by each of our chakras. Chakras are our openings for life energy to flow into and out of our aura. A healthy chakra system can help revitalize our physical self, as well as aide in the development of a healthy emotional self.
Chakras are funnel-shaped energy points that span the base of your spine to the top of your head. Chakras are believed to be energy points that can connect the mind with the body.
Invisible to the untrained eye, each chakra can be perceived intuitively by trained energy healers. We can also train ourselves to help perceive our own chakras.
When we encounter negativity in our lives, our chakras suck in the negativity and can affect us physically. Dense or dark chakras can cause depression, illness or disease if not re-aligned.
Each chakra is believed to be linked to particular organs in the body, as well as certain aspects of human consciousness. Every thought and experience we have ever had gets channeled through our chakras.
Chakras that are closed must be worked on through energy healing or they can impact other chakras, causing major disruptions in our lives. Learning how to heal and maintain each chakra can be greatly beneficial both physically and mentally.
Keeping Your Chakras Aligned Can Help You Feel Happy, Healthy and Lively
A Breakdown of the Chakras
- The Base Chakra, also known as the Root Chakra can be found at the bottom of your spine. Our Base Chakra keeps us grounded.
- The Sacral Chakra can be found two inches below the navel and is connected to our ability to accept others into our lives.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra is located above the abdomen and connects with our self-confidence and self-esteem.
- The Heart Chakra can be found above the heart and allows us to love others.
- The Throat Chakra is right in the throat and controls our ability to communicate with others.
- The Third Eye Chakra can be found right between your eyes. It is linked to your intuition, your imagination and your ability to see the big picture in a situation.
- The Crown Chakra is located at the crown of your head and is supposed to represent your ability to connect with your higher spirit.
If we have chakras that are not balanced we can suffer physically, as well as emotionally. Dense chakras cause clogs in our energy and disrupt our daily life. This is why monitoring our chakras and learning ways to re-align, as well as maintain healthy chakras is so important.
When our chakras become disrupted or out of sync, we can feel tired, depressed, and out of whack. Through self-evaluation we can check for imbalances, or we can visit an experienced, reputable energy healer to evaluate each chakra.
When we have one or two chakras that are not working properly, the unbalanced chakras weigh on the healthy chakras. Overtime, this can cause all seven chakras to become out of tune, and a total re-alignment will be needed. By treating a disrupted chakra as soon as we notice a disrupted chakra, we should work to re-align it quickly.
Keeping our chakras balanced should allow us to feel healthier, happier, and more emotionally balanced.
Yoga, Meditation and Reiki are Great Ways to Heal and Maintain Open Chakras
Chakra Alignment Through Reiki
Reiki is a popular form of energy healing that can be done at home to help re-align disrupted chakras. Here is a basic breakdown of a Reiki chakra evaluation:
- Start with your hands placed palms down hovering over the Crown Chakra. Hover over the Crown Chakra and try to sense any unusual sensations. These sensations can come in the form of a warmth, a cool, a tingling, or a numbing feel.
- If you find any area gives off a sensation, leave your hands there until the sensation dissipates.
- Next, move your hands downward, one chakra at a time. With your hands hovering over each of the chakras, try to detect any disturbances or sensations.
- Continue scanning until you get through an entire cycle without any sensations.
This guide was my first introduction into Reiki, and I still use it to this day.
Re-Aligning a Chakra
We all have seven chakras in our body. Each chakra has a unique function, but they all rely on each other to function properly as a whole. Stress, illness and neglecting our basic needs are common ways to disrupt the alignment of our chakra system.
A disturbance in the alignment of our chakras can cause many problems. These issues can manifest physically, mentally, as well as emotionally.
Re-aligning our chakras and maintaining a balanced chakra system can help us feel alert, healthy and positive. Chakras that are out of balance can cause illness, depression and fatigue.
Sometimes we may experience a slight disturbance to our chakra system, with just one or two chakras out of balance. Other times, we may have all seven chakras out of whack, in which case we need a total re-alignment of our chakra system.
There are many ways people approach healing dense chakras, some ways involve energy healers, other ways can be done at home. Popular home remedies for aligning chakras include Reiki, yoga, meditation, and the use of crystals to heal chakras.
Not only can those methods be successful at aligning your chakras, but they can also be an effective way of preventing the chakras from becoming unbalanced in the first place.
A Seven Minute Tune Up for the Seven Chakras
Do you believe in energy healing?
I use these crystals on a regular basis to cleanse and align my chakras.
Maintaining Open Chakras
Once we balance our chakras, it is important to work on maintaining healthy, open chakras. Maintaining healthy chakras isn't as complex as aligning chakras that are out of whack.
By knowing the purpose of each chakra, we can concentrate on keeping them open by avoiding the things that cause each chakra to become disrupted.
- Our Root Chakra keeps us feeling balanced in life, so avoiding stress and keeping our anxiety levels low can help keep the Root Chakra open and healthy.
- Our Sacral Chakra, located at the naval, is linked to happiness and joy. By engaging in activities that make us feel good, we can help our Sacral Chakra stay balanced.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra is connected to how we view ourselves. Doing things to boost our self-confidence and our self-esteem will help open our Solar Plexus Chakra.
- The Heart Chakra is linked to our ability to love unconditionally. By embracing those who love us, and by showing love to others, we can open up and balance our Heart Chakra.
- The Throat Chakra is connected to what we say and how honest we are when we talk with others. To keep this chakra healthy we need to be honest and avoid gossip.
- The Third Eye Chakra is linked to our intuition, so by asking questions, writing in a journal, and indulging in the arts to explore our creativity, we can keep this chakra open and balanced.
- The Crown Chakra is connected to our higher consciousness and our spiritual side. To keep our Crown Chakra open, we can engage in meditation, practice yoga, visit a serene place or go to church. Anything that brings you closer to your higher power or clears your mind helps maintain a healthy Crown Chakra.
© 2014 Kathleen Odenthal