- Religion and Philosophy»
- Paranormal Beliefs & Experiences
The Top 10 Most Haunted Places in the USA
10) Lemp Mansion is in St. Louis, Missouri. It played host to the tragic of the Lemp family. The house has been transformed from the home of millionaires, to office space, boarding house, and now restored to a fine dinner theatre, restaurant, bed and breakfast. No one really knows what happened to the family. There remains were found all around the house. People say a bear, or wolf or something entered the house, but this story is less likey.
9) If you take the Chicago Ghosts Tour, they now make a stop at the Hull House. Over the years their has been numerous stories of ghosts. Charles Hulls had a wife who died in their bedroom, which was also used as the Addams after the establishment of the house. She wrote a book, called Twenty years at Hull House (look below for link on info about the book.)
8) The Franklin house has strange voices from empty rooms and behind the walls coming everywhere. The sounds can be children crying, spinning chandeilier, cold spots, faces that suddenly materialize in the woodwork, and mysterious ecytoplasm. People that have entered the Frankilin Castle, name it one of Ohios most notorious haunted places. The only history that can be found of this house was home to German immigrant Hannes Tiedemann his wife, mother and several children.
7) In Pittsburgh, PA the Congelier House has always been considered one of the most haunted in America. The story and research shows a loving wife suddenly snaps and kills he husband. Thomas Edison is one of many people have researched this house, and investiagted it. Due to its hauntings it mainly stayed empty. Later years, the house was destoryed in a mysterious explosion, which did not affect any other houses, or leave any sounds to investigate.
6) The White House. From the ghost a Abigail Adams doing her laundry, to Dolly Madison overlooking the Rose Garden. A maid even claimed of seeing Lincoln sitting down and putting his boots on. All these stories have been passed down over the years, and now containing Obama, we love for new stories to come from the White House.
5) The Stranahan House or the Pioneer House is a home in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. On October second 1973 it became part of the National Register of Historic Places. Frank Stranahan built this house with love and care, and some say he still lives there. Strange apparitions and ghostly noises have happened on a daily basis, scaring staff memebers.
4) The Winchester Mystery House is well known to Californians. The manson was under constuction continuously for 38 years. Sarah Winchester, the widow of William Wirt Winchester, claimed this house as her residence, now it is just a tourist attraction. Sarah died at 38 years old on September 5, 1922. She had the house under construction on the house for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. The constant building she maintained costed roughly 5.5 million dollars. Sarah Winchester believed the house was over haunted and the only way to appease them was to constantly reconstuction. She believed they were ghosts of individuals liked by Winchester Rifles. This house was the inspiration for Stephen Kings Red Rose and was also visited by Alfrerd Hitchcock anytimes.
3) The Whaley House is located at 2476 San Diego Avenue. In the middle of the Old Town San Diego, the Whaley House continues to be a classic example of mid-19th century Greek Revival Architecture. On May 25, 1960 as a historic house museum and became open to the public ever since. The house is very haunted, and is California's most popular visitor destinations.
2)The Lalaurie house, called The Haunted House, was ignored for decades by local New Orleans superstitious people. It has been vacant for forty years.
1) The Myrtles Plantation is a plantationSt. Francisville, Louisiana. It is Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the plantation is a great place to have bed and breakfast! Who would wanna have bed and breakfast with one of the most haunted places in America right? I don't blame you. but they do offer historical and mystery tours, if you would like to go check it out yourself. It is supposedly the most haunted place in the United States.
- The Lemp Mansion
The creepy stories, and witnesses tht still stay there.
- Jane Addams/Hull House
The full story behind the house,and what Addam experienced.
- Franklin Castle
The full history story of the Franklin Castle
- Congelier House
More information on the house.
- The White House
History of the White House.
- Winchester House
Learn more, on the Haunted Wincheste House.
- Whaley House Museum
Official website for the Whaley House.
- Haunted New Orleans
More information on the LaLaurie house.
- The Myrtles Plantation
The Official Website
- Stranahan House
The main website for the Stranahan House.
A book written by Charles Coulombe on The Most Haunted Houses in the United States.