Happy New Year 2018
I hope you have a great time with your family this Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
Happy New Year 2018
The year of 2017 is over and the New Year 2018 is beginning. I hope you and your family had a great year. It is my hope your year has been blessed by the Lord going in and coming out. I know we are all busy. But putting God first is a command and not an option.
I was thinking over the holidays is there really "peace on earth" and goodwill for men? Really think about this. In the Koine Greek, it is "peace on earth for men and women who love the Lord." That makes more sense than the original transliteration. There is no peace on earth in 90 percent of the world or "goodwill for men" either.
A Christian in a dark world can walk kindly, softly, and help others as he/she goes. Where ever you are and whatever you do for a living putting God first as His representative is a command. Some Christians have a hard time accomplishing this, me as well from time to time, and I understand.
But the Holy Spirit will help us as we go about each day. Many times we do more with what we don't say than what we actually say. Do not just go to church on Sunday and do your own thing outside the protective presence of the Holy Spirit.
As in previous years, the Western world continues in metamorphosis and slumber of collective inactivity without a significant revival sweeping the land. A revival we need desperately.
With that in mind, let us take a look at some of the items that made up 2017:
- President Trump has named Jerusalem as the capital of Israel which it had been for several thousand years. Thank God for this historic action. It is long overdue. Meantime, those that disagree with this action continue to take to the streets to loot, destroy property, and hide their faces with a mask like all cowards do.
- A pipebomb attack in a major subway in New York City broke the silence of commuters morning.. Another ISIS following Mohammad coward who was unmasked this time trying to kill innocent subway travelers
- A 74-year-old substitute teacher, Kathleen Potter, and a custodian, Thomas Hill, jumped into action and helped save lives during a shooting at a New Mexico high school Thursday that killed two students, authorities said recently.
- George Barna and the Barna Research Group, a leading research organization focusing on the relationship of faith and culture, discovered that less than 1 percent of the young adult population in the United States has a biblical worldview. Even more startling, the data shows that less than one half of one percent of Christians between the ages of 18 and 23 has a biblical worldview.
- A Lifeway Research Study results show 23 percent have either never read or read-only just a sentence or two. Another 45 percent have read a few sentences to half of the Bible. Some 22 percent have read most or all of the Bible. That leaves some 9 percent have read all of the Bible or read it several times.
- Our culture was a gentler, kinder, and less violent society when it lived by the Christian worldview. The courts in America, influenced deeply by the latest Humanist Manifesto expelled God with a perfect record from the halls of education, the government, and most of the society from 1972 forward. We are paying dearly for those decisions.
- We are a nation that seems more concerned with cruelty to animals and pirating of movies then we are with America's unborn babies. A total of almost 58 million abortions as I write this as a result of Roe vs. Wade with less than 1% due to rape, incest, or the life of the mother.Don't get me wrong, I side with those that have had an abortion and are feeling deep feelings of remorse, very often both the woman involved and the man as well. I realize I tend to be very out front and brief with my comments. However, I really do care for those involved in abortion as well.Please understand abortion on demand is the murder of an innocent victim with its own separate DNA, brain waves, and without a voice.
- Abortion Facts states, "Every new life begins at conception. (re Acts 5.29) This is an irrefutable fact of biology. It is true for animals and true for humans. When considered alongside the law of biogenesis – that every species reproduces after its own kind – we can draw only one conclusion in regard to abortion: every single abortion ends the life of an innocent human being." Christians may have forgotten, "We must obey God rather than men." Good advice for those considering abortion or any other evil. S. Micheal D'Agostino states it more colorfully as an abortionist, "We're not absolutely sure what life looked like once the process of evolution was fully underway; something like algae, the biologists suggest, a foamy blue-green pond scum." (Free Inquiry, Winter 2001/02, p. 39)
- A return to a Godly worldview is the only possibility of extricating the country from its attraction with worldly godlessness and glorifying the dark side. It does not take a lot of discernment to recognize idols exist everywhere. It can be said that America is inviting God's wrath or at least risking His judgment. Thumbing one's nose is inviting His judgment whether each of us is individually ready or not. Quite the sobering thought.
- Twelve senior citizens were left in sweltering heat to die a horrible death in a nursing home in Florida. This story is purely horrifying.
It is the birth (at the wrong time of the year) we celebrate at Christmas
It is Jesus, our King we celebrate this Christmas, which taught "God created human beings male and female after their kind." (Mark 10.6) Darwin, Marx, Freud, Nietzsche, Huxley, Russell, Rorty and legions of the founders of the Humanist Manifesto have decided for you that we should be in a world without God. They are the legions of the dark side and their disciples insisting that humankind is a product of pure chance, unproven spontaneous generation, and the theory of evolution. Our children are taught bad science without Creation in middle and high schools across America.
At Christmas, we celebrate not the world or the gifts, but the birth of a soon coming King, the Lord Jesus Christ. That brings up a point. Jesus Christ is the Messiah of Christmas. He came to save the world through love, not a rope around one's head or chop it off because of non-belief which the Islamics have demonstrated.
Countries that fund and export terrorism around the world exists including but not limited to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and North Korea. The ultimate victim is the average person on the streets of Iran, Saudi Arabia, and North Korea.
Image for a moment what the funds spent on terrorism could do for people's prosperity instead of funding rouge individuals and groups, and threaten to use nuclear weapons around the world? Each nation mentioned all practice imprisonment of innocent people, torture, and kill those that disagree with them.
Remember the families of the mass and solo attacks happening way to often. These are acts of pure satanic evil. We need to be in prayer for everyone involved in these tragic evil displays I would suggest the reason or reasons for evil are Spiritual instead of purely man's thoughts.
New York City again has been the scene of a senseless attack by a man in a truck. CNN states, "Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov, a 29-year-old Uzbekistan native who was living in New Jersey, is charged with providing material support to ISIS, violence, and destruction of motor vehicles, said Joon H. Kim, acting US attorney for the Southern District of New York."
A senseless killing of 26 men, women, and children as they worshiped at a Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX. Please be in prayer for the families and congregation as information becomes available on this satanic attack in the physical world.
I need revival, we need revival!
What has happened and is happening?
I absolutely love the quote from Anne Graham Lotz. Revival does begin with each of we who call themselves Christian. It put the responsibility clearly on each of our shoulders to start the revival by each of us getting right with God. The battle we fight is not against flesh and blood. (Ephesians 6.12) Our real fight is an opponent we cannot see with our naked eye but is as real as the air we breathe and cannot see either.
Never forget the fight is for the hearts and minds of the walking dead without Jesus Christ. We were each in the same state before someone helped us to understand. Jesus Christ tells us He is the resurrection and the life of John 11.25.
Let us see what the opponents of Christianity say.
The opponents of Jesus Christ, Dewey, Rorty, Foucault, and their followers insist there is no resurrection and that life itself is an accident of nature despite the science against this belief.
I have read and studied Marx and Lenin who both assert there is no God and that we must eliminate the bourgeois class, by violence if necessary. This philosophy is alive and well in many American universities today.
The philosophies of Freud, Marx, Nietzsche, and their disciples believe all religion is an illusion, wishful thinking, an opiate of the masses, or chasing after pie in the sky. They are already in eternity awaiting the White Seat Judgment where they will face the God they rejected.
Jesus said we should "love God with all our heart, all our mind, and all our soul." We are to love our neighbors as much as we do ourselves. (Mark 12.30-31) Jesus Christ promised He will prepare a place for us in heaven for we who love and trust Him. (re. John 14)
Christians have never needed more in history to be taught to be a real disciple themselves. Only then can one learn to disciple someone else. We need disciples instead of just pew sitters.
The Corinthian and Laodicean churches are alive and well in America today. They are rich and blind. The Christian conservative is having a harder time “coming out” in public even more than do the LGBT crowd.
The society we live in is more likely to be politically correct than to honor the God that made them. Evangelism is out of favor with the body of Christ not because of the Word itself. Most are not convinced themselves.
Jesus commanded: “Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
That is a real disciple. We must first obey everything Jesus commanded and then teach others in love. Being kind and loving to others opens quite a few doors. The opposite of the love of Christ is domestic terrorism and related radical national violence — as opposed to a terrorist attack emanating from abroad — continues to plague our world.
The two men on either side of our Lord were Jewish radicals or lone wolves who were trying to kill the Roman occupiers. Both were outside His will through doing what they thought to be right. However, both were without His saving grace until one humbled himself and recognized Him for who He was. God came down to save the humanity He created.
- Did you realize suicide is at a forty year high in America. Things are not getting better. America’s political correctness has barred many towards labeling ISIS or whatever name they call themselves today what they are, as bold-faced terrorist. If being called what they are that makes you and I an “Islamaphobe” then so be it. A peaceful Islamic is an oxymoron.
Thus, this is the world we live in as we walk where we live in the name of the Lord as His representative. Jesus Christ was not born in the month of December of the American Calendar. That was designed by retailers who needed to prop up their dreary winter sales figures.
The actual date we will never know. It is more than likely in the September/October time-frame in reality. An interesting fact that requires additional study and contemplation.
Time is growing short!
The Rest of the Story.
Clearly, there is a vast chasm dividing Christianity and the worldviews with which it battles for the hearts and minds of humankind. The Secular Humanistic system of values is firmly entrenched in the power centers of our society:
- Businesses and Industry
Christians committing sin and the Word of God have never mixed. The Book of Acts is full of examples of where God punishes sin. The consequences of willful sin, whether by nations or individuals, is not overlooked by God and is devastating to both. Christians need to up their game and walk as representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ who is very close to each.
Christ needs people who remember what He said: “Go” and proclaim the Gospel to the world. (Mark 16.15) Draw a circle around yourself and let revival start within your circle. How many of we Christians are willing to be imprisoned for spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Jail time, when compared to eternity, is incredibly insignificant. Do you remember back in 2014 ISIS took over Quaragosh, the biggest Christian city in Iraq with many beheadings of even children?
The Islamics have forced those they did not kill to flee to the safety of other regions. The liberal media failed to cover the event where Christians were murdered. For the most part, Boko Haram killings miss the evening news as well.
Ruth Graham once remarked, "If God does not punish America for its sin, He is going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah." Jude said this, “Likewise, these people, with their visions, defile their own flesh, despise godly authority and insult angelic beings." (Jude 1.8)
America is entrenched in worldliness. As you can easily see, the church has a long way to go in teaching the inerrant Word of God. Every church needs to wake up; you can not mix Christianity and any other religion of the world. It is impossible. The following verses explain this position.
God said in Matthew 3:17, "And see a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." God also said in Mark 9:7, "And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him."Jesus said in John 14:6, " to him (Thomas), “I Am the way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
As the body of Christ, every believer needs as Paul did to fight apostasy where ever it is found. We must do this in love as Christ did. The Bible states in Hebrews that "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever," (Hebrews 13.8). Moreover, Psalm 121:4, "Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep."
It is Christ who remains the same, and it is we who change. Hopefully, that change will be the Holy Spirit sanctifying each one of us. I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comments on the subject covered below. Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Yers. God's blessings, Gary Hill, Ph.D..
A peaceful Christmas scene
I hope you have wonderful times with your family during the Holidays!
During this year I have had surgery on the brain stem C2, C3, and C4 at Duke University. It has been a hard year that got harder. God promised to always be with us, but He did not promise it would be easy.
The number of cases of Parkinson's disease is at epidemic proportions. I have been with a number of them and it is debilitating to those that have the disease. I also work with those that have Dementia and it is equally debilitating. My heart goes out to those that are hurting this Holiday season.
Jesus Christ - The King of the World and Soon Coming King!
Common Themes of a Christian's World 2017
The end times.
The Christian's world 2017-18
A Holiday Picture
How are you celebrating the Holidays?
How do you and your family celebrate the coming Holiday season?
© 2016 Gary E Hill