The lack of money is the root of all evil
The bible and money
The bible has alot to say about money because God is and has always been concerned about what concerns his people. His very nature is that of provider preserver and protector,all of which includes finance. Jesus needed money when he was here in the earth,and he knows that we need it also. The bible is Gods word and his will for mankind, and when you remove the financial aspect from the word of God...the out comes are totally different proving that God wants his people prosperous,and not poor...
The wealth transfer
There are really no money shortages today,only shortages of people,businesses, States, Governments,etc who are unwilling to give. There are smaller numbers of millionaires and billionaires compared to the working middle class in the United States, and if these people who control vast amounts of wealth decide to hoard it...you now have a shortage. If someone decided to hoard pennies and controlled the vast amount of pennies...there would be a shortage, likewise nickels, dimes, etc.The principle remains the same...the bible says in Proverbs 11:24 that there is (he) that scattereth, and yet increaseth and there is (he) that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. Hoarding always brings poverty and shortage. The bible also says in Proverbs 13:22, a good man leaveth an inheritance to his childrens children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. If from generation to generation there is nothing to leave...this may lead to all kinds of evil. Thieves steal because of lack, families argue and break apart because of lack, people sell drugs because of lack, people even kill because of lack. All kinds of evil can be traced back to not having enough or nothing.
The wealth transfer:
In order for there to be a transfer of wealth, someone needs to have it, and more than not, the sinner usually holds the wealth, this is why the bible says the wealth of the sinner...is laid up for the just. In the book of Genesis we see Abraham going down to Eygpt because of a famine. Famines usually drive people toward where resources can be found, and for Abraham it was at that time ...Egypt. Abraham conspires with his wife Sarah to tell anyone that enquired about who she was, to tell them that she was his sister, because he was afraid (half truth because she was his half sister). Lies lead to lack, so people who lie on their taxes...suffer lack when penalized, people who lie on applications...suffer lack because they are dismissed...people who lie about benefits...they lose the benefits they have. Because of Abrahams lie, the Pharoah was visited by God with a host of plagues (Genesis 12:17) to warn him that Sarai was Abrahams wife (the pharoah had taken her). Genesis 12:20 says and Pharoah commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had. Why is the all that he had so important? because in verse 16, Abraham was entreated well for Sarai, and he was given by Pharoah...sheep, oxen, he asses, menservants and maidservants along with she asses and camels (wealth transfer). Now Abraham runs into the same situation with king Abimelech, and God tells him to release her (Sarah) or he was a dead man (Genesis 20:6). The wealth transfer takes place again for Abraham in Genesis 20:14 where it says and Abimelech took sheep and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife.And Abimelech said, behold my land is before thee: dwell where it pleaseth thee. And unto Sarah he said, behold, I have given thy brother a thousand pieces of silver: behold he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved. Abraham went down to Egypt in the famine but because of the wealth transfer initiated by God , he leaves a wealthy man, and becomes even wealthier because of King Abimelech. How does this apply to us today? Galations 3:13-14a says that Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law (poverty sickness and death) being made a curse for us, for it is written, cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ: Gentiles are anyone who is not of Jewish decent, and because we have been grafted in through Jesus's finished work on the cross...we are also Abraham's seed (Gentiles are Abrahams seed in a spiritual sense). Galatians 3:29 says if ye be Christ's then are ye Abrahams seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The Bible is not a book about lack...
If there would have been lack during biblical times, the bible would have been written differently, because circumstances would have turned out differently. Below are a few examples of this principle:
1. There would not have been a wealth transfer of any type because no one would have had any money to transfer. So the scripture would read...the lack (instead of wealth) of the sinner is laid up for the just. Have you ever had anyone give you something that was worthless? how did you feel?
2. For the labourer is worthy of (his reward) Luke 10:17...Think about it, what would happen if you worked for nothing?
3.Remember the Lord thy God , for it is he that gives you the power to get wealth that he may establish his covenant in the earth (Deut. 8:18)...What would mankind be like without God giving the power (ability) to get wealth?
4.Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men give into your bosom;for with the same measure you meet it shall be measured to you again (Luke 6:38)...Imagine having nothing given back to you because you had nothing to give. Even when you want to give and don't have anything...you still are not in lack because God gives seed to the sower, he just wants to know if he gave it to you...would you give it.
5. The windows of heaven would never be opened to pour us out a blessing, that there would not be enough room to receive, because we would never have anything to tithe. (Mal.3) This would be an insult to God because his very nature is that of a giver.
6.Psalm 35 says that God has pleasure in the prosperity of his servant; which would mean that God would now need to spend his time being down and depressed because we his servants would never prosper! (how foolish does that sound?)
7. When Peter went fishing after the fish that held the coin in it's mouth at Jesus's request...Their taxes would not have gotten paid (Jesus and Peter) because you could not pay taxes with a fish. What happens today if taxes are not paid?
8. Jesus said in Matthew chapter six not to worry about what you are going to eat, drink, and put on because your heavenly Father knows what you have need of...lack says... too worry! because if you don't eat and drink, you starve, and if you don't have any clothes, your self-esteem suffers, but litterly if you don't have clothes...you go to jail ! you cannot walk around naked.
9. Acts 4:34 talks about the book of Acts church that they had all things common and neither did any lack! instead of neither did anybody have anything.
10. The love of money is the root of all evil...would read, the lack of money is the root of all evil (my title for this hub...smile)
So from looking at these few examples, can you see how important money is to God and Ourselves? This is why the Lack of money is the root of all evil.