- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
The main important points of Arminianism and Calvinism
Actual photo of John Calvin
The comparison points of Arminianism and Calvinism
The Difference Between Calvinism and Arminianism
Video about Arminianism by Dr. Michael Brown vs Calvinism by Dr. James White
Actual photo of Dutch Theologian Jacob Arminius
Flag of France
Flag of Netherlands
Important points of Calvinism and Arminianism
There are five important points of Arminianism with explanations and to see their differences.
1. Free Will or human ability = Man has enough good left for him to will to accept Jesus for salvation. Man can still choose good.
2. Conditional election= in terms of election, those that are saved. This is related to Pendulum swing and human interpretation. God choose elected on basis of his own sovereign will, his own pleasure, his own desire. Foreknowledge is based upon the plan and purpose of God. Election is the decision of God.
3. Universal Redemption or general atonement= He died for the entire world
4. Obstructable Grace or the holy Spirit able to be effectually resisted= it is a doomed in trouble. Man can still to accept first every person can accpet or reject Jesus.
5. Falling from Grace= salvation can be lost and a person can loose one salvation
Since I already mention the five important points of Arminianism, this time Calvinism has also five important points
1. Total depravity= man is totally deprived or dependent
2. Unconditional election= God elects people through his own sovereignty, god looked into the future, he knew who would come to Jesus in faith so he elected them.
3. Limited atonement= Jesus Christ only died for elect
4. Irresistible grace= It will lead to conversion and you cannot say "no" to God
5. Perseverance of the saints= Eternal Salvation and it is also eternal security of the believer
Comparability of Calvinism and Arminianism
Which of the two are you in favor?
Bible verses that relates to Calvinism and Arminianism
Once you read this part of my article , this will shows the proof of Bible verses that relates to Calvinism and Arminianism. I would like to informed to the public that this is already a heavy content article because of so many bible verses
In Matthew 7:21-23 says that "not every one that said to me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven , but he that doeth the will of my Father, who is in heaven. many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in Thy name have cast out devils? And in Thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Apparently there are many who claim to be believers that in fact are not.
In Luke 9:62, the verse says "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 insists that " the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" and warns us not to be deceived. A list is then given of various kinds of sinful lifestyles with an ending remark that they will not inherit the kingdom of God. This is also similar statements and conclusions that are given in Galatians 5:19-21 and also in Ephesians 5:3-5.
In 2 Peter 2:20-21 makes these remarkable statements: "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in it, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. "
In order to maintain a bible-centered balance in these difficult issues is of great importance. All of us believe in the perseverance of the saints which is known as "true believers", although, it is deeply concerned about sinful lifestyles and rebellious hearts among those who call themselves as "Christians".