- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
The return of Second Sun
Many people are talking about the returns of the Second Sun, in a youtube vedio, the photographer recorded a remarkable video of the second Sun ( or Planet X ?) taken on April 21, 2009 in Chkalovsky, Russia.
In Ancient Chinese myths, we had once ten suns instead of one appear together on the sky. The suns were the sons of Emperor Di Jun, the God of the Eastern Sky. One day tens suns appeared on the sky together and scorched the earth, a great drought after the water evaporated of the earth surface, vegetations became dried out, people hid in the cave. The great divine Archer Yi shot off nine suns, and the earth returned to normal.
There are many records in the ancient Chinese books, most of these records shows two sun appeared together, in some occasions, more than two suns, even as many as 10 suns; Other strange phenomenons like one sun appears at night, or two suns clashing each other, one big and one small.
Below are quotations from Chinese Classics and history annals, with a brief translation, I tried to include the original text for the purpose of authenticity, and waiting further research of Chinese historians and astronomers of the world, but Hubpage won't accept foreign languages, If you can read Chinese, here is a duplicate version on Knol with original Chinese text.
- Year 1914 BC, Ten suns appeared together. This strange phenomenon also recorded in another book, Bamboo Annals.
- Year 1042 BC, the 48th year of Emperor Xin of Yin (the notorious tyrant king Zhou) dynasty, two sun appeared together. 4 years later, the Martial King of Zhou began the punitive expedition against Yin.
- Year 139 BC, the fourth month, a sun-like star appeared in the evening.
- the first month of the fifth Year, three suns appeared on the sky.
- Year 318, eleventh month, the sun rise up during the night, 3 Zhangs above the horizon.
- Year 520, sun appeared on the eastern sky in the night, as bright as fire.
- In year 809, the third month, beside sun appeared an object looks like a sun.
- Yuan dynasty, year 1356, the third month, two sun clashing each other.
- Year 1594, in the area of Jijiang, another sun under the sun, clashing many days then stopped.
- Year 1621, in the area of Liao Yang, several suns appeared together.
The latest recorded in Qing dynasty, year 1651, at round 23PM-1AM, red sun appeared in the eastern sky, as big as Hu (a measure tool), at the midnight, the moon rose, then the sun disappeared.
A Chinese saying, no two suns on the sky, no two Kings in one nation, might be wrong, and the return of the second sun, even the third, up to ten suns, the ten suns appeared on the sky might be not just a fantastic myth.