Intercession, Gift or Anointing
Gift or anointing?
Nehemiah… Burdened, prayed, interceded for Jerusalem.
Jeremiah… Anointed prophet, chosen, given revelation.
Daniel… Anointed or by revelation, something stirred his heart when he read the scriptures about Moses and Abraham… his heart was stirred because he had a love for Israel, even though he was prospering and had everything going for him while in captivity. He became unsatisfied with the state of his people.
Ezekiel: God was looking for a man to stand in the gap.
Isaiah: chosen, given revelation, anointing.
1) Are Intercessors chosen and called to the job?
2) What is in the heart of the intercessor that God recognizes and seeks after?
(See: Ps.34:18, 51:17, 138:6, Is.57:15, 66:2b)
Moses: Intercessor> Ex. 32:9-14, 30-34, 33:12-23.
Jesus: of course was the greatest intercessor paying the full price for the state of the world. Coming between man and God for the sake of the Kingdom and for the future of man, that we would not be separated from His love. The action of love plays a powerful role in the heart of the intercessor. For God SO LOVED THE WORLD… that he sent Jesus to intervene.
Intercessor/standing in the Gap or Breach. Filling in a hole. A covering for a split, rift, opening. Taking up of the offence, transgression, or trespass of another.
Paul/ Prayer – Intercession 1Tim.2:1
Ezek.22:30 Gap, the Lord looked for a man…
Ps.106:23 about Moses (Ex.32:11-13 stood in the breach)
Real intercession is working together with God for the actuation of the prophetic word.
It is knowing what is on God’s heart and standing in the gap for the situation, people or nations.
Standing in for the mercy of God to come.
Reminding God of the prophetic word spoken.
Prophecies concerning Israel and end times.
-about the church, the bride, the body
-unity, strength, power, acting as one person… Jesus
-that we would know and understand the things of the Spirit.
Prayer is different
Luke 18:6-8 Requesting and not giving up. (Ps. 20:5/Phil.4-6)
Petitioning for needs and wants that you may not know the specifics about.
What Spiritual gifts will help in intercession?
Intercession is life giving, total death to self. This means a cost, wanting for the heart of God.
Waiting upon him, can mean a watchman day and night, crying out for his intervention.
Understanding that you might make the difference between life or death, good or evil in the lives of others.
God goes about looking for those who will stand in the gap.
Prayer is burden then release. The burden may hit you suddenly, simply by looking at someone, or watching the news on the TV, or in the middle of the night. You enter into your prayer communication as Holy Spirit leads you about the situation and stay there until you sense it’s enough, it’s done.
For “God so loves… that he sends us.”
3) Gift or anointing?
4) Chosen for a specific job?
5) Why intercession?
6) What are differences, prayer/intercession?
7) Why does God require us and what are the reasons for standing in the gap?
QUERY (from the Handbook)
INTERCESSION (Gift or Anointing)
1) Nehemiah>(means) The Lord Comforts. Neh. 1:9
Prayer for Jerusalem, then what happens? Wall building the vehicle God uses to bring the people together. God’s timing and intervention. (Read the prayer)
2) Jeremiah> The Lord Throws Jer. 1:4-10 Called the weeping prophet.
Called, given words, given authority. (Read)
3) Daniel> What happened in his heart? Daniel 9 & 10 (Read)
4) Ezekiel> God is looking for who/what? Ez. 22: 29-31 (Read)
5) Isaiah> The Lord Saves. Is. 6 (most revelation about Jesus)
By vision, revelation, he says, “here am I send me.”
6) ANSWER: Chosen, sent, yes. Heart> Ps.15:17, 138:6, Is. 57:15, 66:22
i. Heart. Ps. 34:18 Close to the broken hearted.
7) MOSES> We know about. Called a friend of God. Is this exclusive?
Ex. 33:11 – 13, stood. Ps. 106:23
8) JESUS> We know about. The greatest Is. 58:12
9) Knowing what is on God’s heart. How? Does this just happen?
10) REMINDING GOD> As we go on you will see how the prayers of the intercessor remind God of His words spoken, promises, prophecies, and we are to do the same.
11) Acting as one person with others of same heart/mind/spirit.
Acts 4:32, Phil. 2:2
12) Spiritual gifts ? 1Cor. 12: 1-14, do not be ignorant!
Vs4> different gifts same Spirit, Vs7-12> manifestation of the Spirit given for the common good. All are the work of one Spirit. Vs12> the body is a unit.
1 Cor. 14:12 gifts that build up the church.
13) Intercession is a lifestyle. What does this mean? What should it look like?
As we continue this will be revealed.
14) Differences? Prayer/intercession. How? Examples.
More on Intercession
- Preparing For Intercession
Entering A Sacred Place (NOTE: I am using poetic license with the words "soulical and soulish" for this work.) PREPARING OTHERS TO PRAY Prayer is one of the greatest weapons in the Christians armament;...
- Relationship And Intercession
It's All RelativePRAYER IS RELATIONSHIP Is prayer the LAST resort of the weak or the FIRST resort of the strong? Relationship is really the key component. God desires relationship. He has initiated this...
- Why Is Intercession A Leathal Weapon?
Moving ForwardA LETHAL WEAPON IN THE HANDS OF GOD A surrendered life in the hands of God becomes the lethal weapon. The Lord seeks intercessors, those that will stand in the gap. See: Nehemiah, Isaiah,...