Things to Consider Along Life's Way
I have reached the age where I can look back over my life and see where I have come from. This enables me to plan better for where I am going. My younger days were filled with foolishness and unwise decisions. Hopefully I have learned from them. Early on, there were things I was not sure about - especially things pertaining to God. My life has been a journey into the heart of God although I didn't always know that was where I was headed. God was still faithful to me although Ive let Him down time and time again.
Would you allow me to make this a personal time with you? Would you allow me to share some of the things I have learned over the years? There is so much I still do not know; so much I still question. The journey has not been so much about what I know because I know so very little, but rather it has been about what God has revealed to me as I walk through the mystery of life.
I Am on the Victory Side
I have not had a bad life. When I get down I can always find someone that is experiencing circumstances worse than mine. On the other hand, there has been much suffering in my life, mostly brought about by my own hand. I can always find someone better off than me as well. Either way, this I know - I may lose a battle here and there, but the war has already been won and on the victory side.
Circumstances and situations are neutral. It depends on how we look at them that determines our mindset. It is our mindset that so often determines the outcome. We can't change life's circumstances, but we can change our perception of them. If you are a child of God know that you're no going through the situation alone. You are on the victory side for God is the Victor.
I Am Not Worthless
I am a child of God and have been bought by His precious blood that was poured out on Calvary. A rough man who lived a life of sin once told he felt worthless. In the Light of God's presence, his darkness was revealed, and he came to the end of himself wallowing in the pit of despair and self-pity. My heart went out to him.I once saw myself in the same pit until I came to realize something - something that changed my life.
According to God's Word, I may be unworthy, but I am not worthless. Worth is the result of the value that is placed on an object. My worth is priceless. Who can put a price on the blood of Christ that bought my salvation? It is infinite. I may not be worthy, but I am certainly not worthless. If you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you too, have infinite worth. Walk in this truth. There's no need for a child of the King to lower his/her head in despair, but rather hold your head high as you step by step overcome the adversity in your life as you cling to God.
There are literally thousands of promises in the Bible, but God never promised to lead you around the storms. He did promise to go with you through the storms. So sense the security that is all around you. Step out and accomplish what God has called you to accomplish. Nothing can stop you if you walk with God through the troubles of life..
I Am Strong
Strength of character takes time to build. Usually God uses the storms of life for this purpose. If you were able to avoid the storms, and even the hurricanes of life, where would your faith be? It is precisely these things that cause faith to bubble to the top. Without adversity, faith wouldn't exist. Faith is only faith when it's tested. You can overcome the seemingly worst situations in your life because Christ gives you His strength.
While the Apostle Paul was being tested with an infirmity sent by the devil, but allowed from God, he cried out for relief. After pleading with God three times to remove the affliction, Jesus answered him by saying, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness" (II Corinthians 12:9). Paul was able to go on through life carrying this badge of honor because he was made strong in Christ. The strength did not exist in him, but in the One he came to know and trust. The same is true for all of us that know the Savior.
I Am Secure
No matter what happens in life, I know that I'm secure in Christ. The security isn't found in myself. It's not because of anything I've done, or not done. It is because of the promises of God. Think about these wonderful Bible passages that are there for the claiming.
- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. - the Prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 41:10)
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.- The Apostle Paul (Romans 8:38, 39)
- The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. - King David (Psalm 145:14)
- And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, (Genesis 28:15)
- Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. - Jesus (John 14:1-3)
The presence of God is always with you. You have His word on it. What is there to fear? What is there to doubt? Certainly at times we do, but it's all wasted time. How much better to put our trust in the only One that can truly help than to worry about and second guess the outcome. Remember, the circumstances and outcome are neutral. How you perceive them will make all the difference in your life. No matter what happens, you're safe in the Hand of God.
How can you be victorious, worthy, strong, and secure? Only through Christ. God has made salvation so simple, a child can understand it, Please don't complicate the issue by thinking there's got to be more to it. It's this simple.
- Admit that you've failed God, and have sinned against him. ("There is none righteous, no, not one: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:10, 23)
- Realize there is a penalty to pay for neglecting God's only way of salvation. In this verse God is referring to a spiritual death to follow the physical death -separation from God forever. (". . . the wages of sin is death . . . - Romans 6:23)
- Realize that the purpose of Jesus death was to pay that penalty. ("But God commendeth [directed] his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8)
- Fully believe these things and realize that God raised Jesus from the dead conquering death and hell once for all.("That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."(Romans 10:9, 10)
- Fully commit to trusting Christ for your salvation. ("For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)
You can have an abundant life as you live for Christ day to day. I know. I'm living proof. Because God has done this for me, I'm now responsible to share it with you. What you do is your choice. I'm no longer responsible for your eternal destiny. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. I want the best for you, and so does God.