Which Is The True Church
We are confused with finding the true church to follow. Lets try to understand which church is true. I am not forcing anyone to share in my belief but just trying to explain in the layman's language about the true church. I am not a priest or a pastor or a theologian or a monk but a simple lay catholic christian who once tried to search for the true church to follow and I did find one. What exactly do we want from the church? If we are looking for the authenticity of the church than we just need to keep one thing in our minds that is the true church should be the one that Jesus himself established. Today there are so many churches and every church claims that the salvation is through them.
Basics Of True Church
We can look at some basic things about the true religion started by Jesus Christ
1. Jesus appointed 12 apostles.
2. He asked them to spread the good news to all the nations.
3. He gave them authority to forgive sins.
4. He told Peter that he wants to build his church on him.
5. Peter becomes first Pope.
6. Than all the Popes follow after Peter and the same hierarchy is being followed for years.
So the first ever church started by Jesus was established by Peter.
Authority To St. Peter
1. Jesus tells Peter, “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven” (Mt. 16:18-19).
2. “Simon, Simon, pay attention! Satan has demanded to have you all, to sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. When you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” (Luke 21:31-32).
3. When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you truly love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.” (John 21:15-17).
Facts About True Church
3. The Catholic Church gave Christians the Bible
4. The Sacraments are Biblical
Finding True Church
Now we who have no biblical knowledge, need to determine depending on our trust and belief what we want to follow. Many people are turning away from the churches, there is scarcity of priests in the churches. We need to choose our one true God. Reading The Holy Bible is the best way to find the answers. Read The Bible and understand it, God have given us brain to think and analyse. Try to compare Christianity with other faiths. Some of us would even question the existence of Jesus but this has also been proven that Jesus existed. Try searching about him more. I will write about him in my next article more. May God Bless Us All.
CHURCHES and their FOUNDERS
- Catholic Church - Jesus
- Protestantism - Martin Luther
- Mormonism - Joseph Smith
- Jehovah's Witnesses - Charles Taze Russell
- Anglicanism - Henry VIII of England
True Church Is Need Of The Hour
Finding a true church and following it is the need of the hour. Our elders are being send to the old homes. Our youth is infected with drugs and pornography. We are too busy running after the materialistic things. We have no time to invest in the family. There is no harmony in our families. Modern gadgets have replaced the communication and mode of social gatherings. Sunday mass is mere a formality. Actual true church should lead us to happy life because it should teach us the way of living according to The Holy Bible. Life is very easy and simple if we follow the Bible. All our discomforts, anxiousness, jealously will be gone if we start living according to the Bible. Lets find a catholic church near us and talk to the priest there about our doubts and troubles. We cannot simply blame God that he is not showing us the true church, we also need to find it. Read the Bible, go to the mass regularly, speak with a priest, ask him questions that bother us, recite the rosary, go for confession. Small steps will help us find the true church.
God Loves Us Equally
1. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me - Isaiah 49:16 ESV
2. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. - John 10:28 ESV
3. Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. - Isaiah 49:15 ESV