- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Tweets Like Arrows
1. We can never boast about our strengths or talents. As Christians, we boast about our infirmities! 2 Cor 11.30
2. Ps 116.17: I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call upon the name of the Lord. That's worship and prayer! They go together!
3. I was brought low, and He saved me. Ps 116.6. God brings us down to bring us up. That's how God works in our lives!
4. Faith and repentance go together. You can't turn to Christ without turning away from the world. 1 John 2.15
5. Faith & humility go together. Grace is given to the humble. When we humble ourselves and turn to Christ, we receive grace from God!
6. The difference between a true Christian and a shallow one is the difference between Walking the walk and Talking the Talk.
7. How would you know to be Christ-like if you don’t even read the Bible to know who Christ is?
8. It is better to spend one day in the presence of God than a thousand days on Twitter. Psalm 84.10 paraphrased.
9. Nothing can give you a clean and pure heart, but the Blood of Jesus Christ. (The gospel of mercy & forgiveness.)
10. A man who is intimate with God will never be intimidated by men.” Ravenhill.
11. The Lord is MY Shepherd. Psalm 23.1 Only a born-again child of God can say that! The Lord is my Shepherd; the Lord is my Saviour!
12. Christ is the Word of God. You can never know Christ if you don't know the Word of God. Never neglect the Bible.
13. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. Psalm 23. Lie down=He gives me rest. Green pastures=He refreshes me. Supplies me with fresh food.
14. Faith and grace go together. Faith is the channel; grace is the reservoir. Keep trusting in God, & His grace will be poured out to you!
15. Remember these four H's. Be honest, be humble, be holy, be hidden. If you follow these four principles, you're safe.
16. The difference between soul and spirit, is as good as the difference between the flesh & the Spirit. Soul glorifies man; the flesh corrupts.
17. The Cross is not only what Christ has done for you on the Cross, but what Christ is doing in you thru the Cross. It's an inward cross.
18. Gospel in a Tweet: "Take, eat, this is My body broken for you; this is My blood shed for the remission of your sins." Receive Christ!
19. God's sovereignty: "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." Prov 21.1
20. There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. Prov 14.12
21. A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Prov 15.1
22. The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way. Psalm 25.9
23. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life. Prov 14.27
24. Christ is the Everlasting Rock. Planted in Him, you will never be shaken. Isa 26.4
25. The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. Psalm 25.14
Charles Harton/ Pratonix