Understanding God the Father's Love for Us
Following religious acts or the hard actions of some religious leaders in the church may not have shown us nor demonstrated to us the Heavenly Father’s heart and nature. When the church has failed to show the love of God, many people are turned away from God, the Bible and the church. So, how are we to know who God the Father really is, when the church do not represent Him well. God the Father is faithful, loving, caring. He is not a angry old man sitting on the throne mad at us. Jesus came to show us the Father.
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
As you read the Bible, keep in mind Jesus is revealing the Father to you. He will show you His love, His compassion, His mercy and how He has prepared a way for you to come to your Father.
The Character of the Heavenly Father:
- He loves us- John 15:9, John 3:16, Jeremiah 31:3
- He calls us His child (His children)- I John 3:1
- He cares for us- He invites us to cast all your cares and concerns upon him. (I Pet. 5:7)
- He takes delight in giving us good things, good gifts and perfect gifts- Matthew 7:11, James 1:17
- He is merciful, gracious and slow to anger - Psalm 103:8, Luke 6:36,
- He strengthens us with might by his Spirit in the inner man - Ephesians 3:14-16
- He comforts us in all our troubles and anguish. - II Cor. 1:4
- He provides for us, whether it is help, grace, money, etc- Psalm 23:1
- He is Kind to the unthankful and evil.- Luke 6:35
- He gives us the spirit of wisdom and revelation to know Him more- He is the Father of Glory - (Ephesians 1:17)
- He gives us hope- Romans 15:13
The Father's Love Letter- Let it Change You
Movie on Fathers
For some people, their view of God as Father may have been marred because their earthly father. A father who is not there at all or may not have been available to talk to them or maybe they went to him about their stuff, issues and they got yelled at. They could not share their heart or their hurts. They were given little or no attention or no encouraging words of affirmation.
Even though you may have had an earthly father who was physically present, but not emotionally there, you have God the Father who is interested in every aspect of our life, wants to help in the minute details of our lives and help us make choices that honor and please God. If you have problems in your life, it is your Father God’s problem as well, and you can take it up with Him anytime.
If you ever felt unworthy, rejected, guilty, unclean and you have a low view of yourself, struggle with self-hatred and self-rejection, you may feel that Father God is mad at you. You might possibly believe He would not love you if you go to Him in your present state of emotions. Because of these feelings you find it very difficult to go to the Father. You are fearful of being rejected from Father God, because the unlovely parts of you are revealed.
What is the best cure for this? Come boldly before the throne of grace in the time of need. - Hebrews 4:16. Father God waits for us to come to Him, no guilt, condemnation or fear.
Go to Father God first, even when you do not feel good about yourself and just talk and be honest with God. As you draw closer to your Heavenly Father, you will experience His love and His Love will flow through to help others.
Your Heavenly Father makes up for the lack of a father's role in your life, unmet needs and restores much more than you have ever anticipated.
More Interesting Hubs
- 20 Facts Every Christian Should Know about the Gospe...
The Gospels of the Bible are Matthew, Mark and Luke. Here are very important things every Christian need to know about the Gospels of the Bible.
- 20 Things Christians should Know about the New Testament
Here are some important things and facts in the Bible every Christian should know, need to know about and should be familiar with in the New Testament.
- 10 Types of Prayer from the New Testament of the Bib...
Prayer is absolutely necessary in having a close relationship with God. Take a look at these types of prayer in the New Testament. They are can be used to pray for yourself, others and the church.
- 20 Angelic Visitations and Encounters in the Bible
Who are angels? The Bible is filled with many common people who had visitations and encounters from angels of the Lord. Why did they needed an angel at that time? Take a look.