I have had the opportunity twice to study spiritual gifts, in depth, at my church. As a christian, I really find this fascinating, and would like to share Peter Wagner's list of spiritual gifts:
- Prophecy: The ability God gives to some to receive and communicate an immediate message, by God, to His people.
- Service: To identify the unmet needs involved in a task, and to make use of available resources to meet those needs.
- Teaching: The special ability to communicate information that is relevant to the body of Christ, in a way that other's will learn.
- Exhortation: Ministering words of comfort , consolation, encouragement, and counsel in a way that people feel helped and healed.
- Giving: Contributing material resources to the work of the Lord freely and cheerfully.
- Leadership: A gift that God gives to people to set goals , according to His plans for the future and to communicate to others in such a way that they want to work together to accomplish those goals.
- Mercy: A gift that God gives to certain people that they will feel genuine empathy and compassion for people, who suffer physically, mentally, or emotionally, and to translate this into cheerfully-done deeds that show God's love and alleviate their suffering.
- Wisdom: To know the mind of the Holy Spirit in such a way as to know how given knowledge may be applied to specific needs that arise among Christians.
- Knowledge: To discover, accumulate, analyze, and clarify information and ideas which are relevant to growth and well-being.
- Faith: To discern with much confidence the will and purposes of God for the future of His work.
- Healing: This is a gift God gives to certain people, that through God, can cure illness and heal conditions and diseases supernaturally.
- Miracles: Is a gift God gives to people, so that, through Him, powerful acts can be performed.
- Discerning of Spirits: A gift some have where they can know with certainty whether certain behavior is divine, human, or satanic.
- Tongues: This is a gift God gives to certain Christian's to speak in a language they have never learned and/or to receive and communicate a message from God to His people through a divinely anointed message through a language they have never learned.
- Interpretation: The special ability God gives to certain people to make known what the message in tongues was saying.
- Apostle: To assume and excercise leadership over many churches with great authority in spiritual matters.
- Helps: To invest one's own talents in the lives and ministries of other's, enabling them to increase the effectiveness of their own special gifts.
- Administration: To understand clearly the goals of a particular phase of the Christian body, and to make effective plans for the accomplishment of those goals.
- Evangelist: To be able to share the Word of God with unbeliever's that they become responsible Christian's.
- Pastor: A pastor is able to assume a long-term persomal responsibility for the spiritual life of a congregation or group of people.
- Celibacy: Someone who is able to remain single and enjoy it. And not suffer a lot of sexual temptation.
- Voluntary Poverty: To renounce material comforts and adopt a lifestyle like those living at a poverty level.
- Martyrdom: To be able to suffer for one's faith, even if it means death. And, they are able to be joyous.
- Hospitality: A gift where people are able to provide their home to those who are in need.
- Missionary: A person who has a gift where they can minister in another culture.
- Intercession: A person who has the special ability to pray for extended periods of time on a regular basis, and be able to see frequent and specific answers to other people's needs to a greater degree than the average Christian.
- Exorcism or Deliverance: The special ability God gives to certain one's to cast out demons and evil spirits.
The important thing is that, we as Christian's, use all the gifts that God has given us. Also,
that we use our time, talent's, and abilities, as well; whether that be helping in the kitchen,
helping clean, the church, or whatever it may be.