Astrological Personality Traits and Relationships of the Virgo (August 24-September 22)
Here's what you'll learn about a Virgo in this article:
- The Virgo personality
- Virgo relationships (romantic or professional/business) with other astrological signs
The Virgo Personality
Being born at the end of summer, the Virgo seems to be the perfect harvest of traits. It's as if all good things are wrapped into one amazing package:
- The Virgo may not realize how they come across to others, as they aren't vain. Virgos take care of themselves -- they eat right and exercise to stay fit. It is not for attention or to flaunt their intelligence or perfect smile, it's simply because that's the way they are. They stay prepared.
- They are usually as quiet as the setting sun, but shine just as bright. Oh, Virgo, you do not feel you are attractive? To others, you are. It is not in the Virgo to have a strong ego.
- Virgo are also are gentle and kind, unassuming and delightful. The Virgo loves to be organized and in quiet control. Not in a controlling sort of way, but just through an anticipating and prepared sort of control.
- Your Virgo also thrives on helping people be happy. If they see someone sad, they'll find a way to cheer them up with things like flowers or a silly note.
- They can be spontaneous, but are more prone to knowing what they are going to do and when they'll do it.
- Don't expect your Virgo to be a loud, party type of person. They love to learn and soak up information. Take them to the zoo or museum, maybe even a library. Love a Virgo and you will get more in return.
Virgos Love to Help
Virgo Relationships: Business or Romantic
- Aries. Aries are strong-willed and hard working, which makes for a good match in the workplace with a Virgo. Virgos need to feel accomplished while Aries work hard and strive for recognition. Virgo is an Earth sign and Aries is a fire sign -- this is sometimes a difficult match. Depending on the other planets involved, though, and because of the similarities, it could work. Aries may seem to be a workaholic to the organized Virgo, but the Virgo understands the need for keeping the desired amount of money coming into the household. Virgo sees what needs to be done and does it which is a trait the Aries can appreciate. As a romantic couple, this unspoken understanding of each other can work very well. The fire and Earth aspects can make for a powerful union.
- Taurus. Taurus and Virgo: both are Earth signs and may seem magically meant for each other. You may find that your Taurus partner instinctively knows what you want before you want it. Taurus understands your need to have the home in a certain order and in control. That is their place to retreat to, so it has to be perfect. Virgo feels the same way. It may seem that Taurus is the Virgo's soulmate. Taurus’s energy may make the Virgo wonder if they are loyal to them, but rest assured, your Taurus is.
- Gemini. Gemini have a vast storage of knowledge and seemingly trivial information. This is very attractive to the Virgo. The main problem with this union is that there are so many similarities that both parties may actually become bored. Each have dynamic energy, are always thinking, and always needing to know what is going on. The Virgo may feel that the Gemini knows too much and that there's nothing left to share. Gemini are also intelligent and while they may need help of organization from the Virgo, they don't necessarily see their space as disorganized. After all, they know where everything is. This may hurt the Virgo’s feelings and make the Gemini feel that they have done something wrong. Neither party wants to hurt the other, so they both may stay the course, be it in work or romance, just so that they do not hurt the other’s feelings.
- Cancer. Cancer is the gentle sign. Virgo will love this about their little crab. Both signs love to work. A Virgo does because they like to feel useful and a Cancer because they worry about the future. Cancer’s worries may bother the Virgo at first -- but, hang in there, Virgo. This gentle being will grow on you in ways you never thought possible. In the workplace, the Cancer will worry about not meeting deadlines, but they will get things done. The Virgo will admire this tenacity. Cancer will be drawn to the organizational abilities of the Virgo. Cancer may express their moods, all of them, in the same day. Hang on though, Virgo, for this will calm down as the Cancer gets to know you better. This is a win-win for the relationship, in work or romance.
- Leo. The Leo and their fire-y, take-charge attitude may not be the best fit for the helpful Virgo. Although the Virgo will love to have a job and be able to help make their Leo happy, the Leo may end up controlling the relationship, intentionally or unintentionally. Although this may work very well in the workplace, depending on the job, this type of relationship will burn out the Virgo. Eventually, their loving personality will become one that appears to others as submissive. The Leo may not even realize this has happened, as Virgos love to help too much, at times. This relationship can work, but it will take a lot of work. It will not be easy to find a good balance between the two types. Virgo may be too organized for the playful lion -- they may seem too stiff or stifled, not spontaneous. This can be a good and interesting friendship, but may not work in the long-term.
- Virgo. Virgo and Virgo would seem like the perfect match, but less so when examined closer. Virgos will be excellent partners in work -- they both love detail and to be productive. Their homes are organized and the income is solid. Both understand the other’s needs for stability and being useful. But, in a romantic situation, this may become boring. Neither party will be spending money to flatter the other because both are very practical. Virgos do not excel at expressing romantic feelings, or any emotions, really, and this may lead to a more business-like romantic relationship. If you are in love with another Virgo, keep a close eye on the emotions, and don't be afraid to share your feelings. With practice and an understanding that it might not be the easiest of relationships, it may work.
- Libra. Libras are fun, loving, and looking for a long-term relationship -- these are the hallmarks of the Libra personality. In the workplace, you may find the Libra to be a little less committed and not organized enough. On the other hand, in a romantic relationship, look out for happiness. Libra can bring out the fun and relaxation in the Virgo, and this is not an easy task. The Libra will see the Virgo working hard and make plans to relax their love. This is a match worth going for.
- Scorpio. The Scorpio is mysterious, moody and ever-changing. Virgo will find their Scorpio work partner to be unforgettable. They will enjoy working with this intense person and bring out the gentle side of the Scorpio. Scorpios may find the Virgo interesting and take their serious, workaholic attitude as a challenge to get them to have fun. This can balance the Virgo’s love for helping their Scorpio partner. Romantically, the relationship will be constantly changing. This may be a concern for the Virgo as they need that stability and certainty in their lives.
- Sagittarius. Sagittarius are charming, spontaneous, and lively. Virgo is active and loves to please. This can be the perfect match, both in the workplace and romantically. Sagittarius love to travel and Virgo love to learn. The biggest negative issue is that the Sagittarius tends to be abrupt and the Virgo may take offense quickly. Once there's an understanding of each other’s reactions, however, all will be well.
- Capricorn. The serious, hard-working goat that the Capricorn is may need the help of the spontaneous, but stable-minded Virgo. Virgo love to be organized and know what happens next, so do Capricorn. This makes for a very good pairing in any situation. The only thing to watch for is the seriousness of the Capricorn, but Virgo is just the one to lighten the load and get the goat to relax.
- Aquarius. Together, the Aquarius and Virgo can be a very good . . . or bad match. Both are intelligent and prefer to save money and choose their purchases after much thought. Virgo will focus on the house, while Aquarius will focus on electronics and other technology. This is a fine balance for work or romance. The independent Aquarius and the organized Virgo may be too intense as individuals to work. Try it and see, though.
- Pisces. Because Pisces are quiet and sentimental, they will love the excitement of the Virgo. Virgos love to feel needed and Pisces won’t mind at all letting the Virgo doing what it is that they want to do. Pisces love to talk and because of this, they are as good a match as the talkative Aquarius. However, they're not as interested in talking about things as they are how those things affected the Virgo. Pisces like to make sure everyone feels happy. This can be a very good union both in the workplace and romantically. Libra, cherish the Pisces for this is a very good match.
All photos are from Morguefile, unless otherwise stated.
© 2013 Cynthianne Neighbors