Virgo and Virgo: When Two Very Similar People Fall in Love
Virgo and Virgo Together At Last
Virgo and Virgo. How in the world did this pairing happen? Virgo is one the most single signs in the zodiac, so it's strange when two of them join forces.
Any combination in the zodiac is possible. No combination is without conflict or challenges. There are examples of all 78 combinations ending in marriage.
The key is to understand how your relationship works, what dynamics you bring to the table, and why certain elements function the way they do. Astrology tries to solve those questions in a fun way.
When two people come together with the same sign it is called an identity relationship. Identity relationships are common. People like to pair up with someone who has the same element and goals as them. It makes it easier for the relationship to last for the long haul.
You're more likely to pair up with someone who is more similar to you than different. Opposites may attract, but they also repulse each other.
- Two Virgos will really know what they want.
- Earth signs do well to match up and stay together. They tend to agree on house matters, and they approach emotions in similar ways.
- This pair may come off stoic to others. Virgos are known to be hard workers, studious, and in their five senses. They're very independent people.
- Romantically, these two lovebirds will be suited for each other. They won't be surprised, and they'll have the same appetite, if you will. People who observe this coupling likely won't get it.
A Quick Look at Virgo
August 23 to September 22
End of Summer
Practical, Cerebral, Perfectionist, Diligent, Hard Worker, Fierce
Romance One Step at a Time
Two Virgos together could feel like two buddies or two colleagues. It may take extra work to create a more emotional or romantic bond. This is a couple that will do well to work on projects whether building a house, having a wood workshop together, taking care of a garden, or taking on an ambitious scholastic endeavor.
Virgos are very sensual and gain some ego from summer. They can be very one-track minded when they approach matters of the heart. They are overall devoted signs. Virgos are known for chivalry. They want to be known for good manners.
They have a quickness of mind from their ruling planet, Mercury. They appreciate categorizing things, they like systems, planning, analyzing, and keeping things clean, but they're also earthy, and can enjoy getting their hands dirty. They have really high ideals, and they tend to be crushed by their desires to be perfect.
Virgo will be attracted to someone who fits their ideal of a soul mate, which very well could be someone like them. It's easy to like the mirror image of yourself.
People often find themselves in identity relationships. This type of pairing can be a positive and comforting experience. There is less risk to be misunderstood, but sometimes it can be hard to recognize the nuances of who is who.
Virgo Date Ideas
Virgo wants a sensible date where it's easy to talk to each other and have their needs met. A smart Virgo date is simple: dinner and a movie or dinner and a walk.
Virgo likes for things to be somewhat toned down. They want things around them to be reasonable and somewhat traditional. They tend to like holidays, they like having a stable home life, and they tend to hangout at the same bars and eateries.
This sign likes to interact with people over food. They want to sit and talk. They're looking for a dialogue. They can get overwhelmed by air signs who are very chatty. They can get lost easily with water signs who are more into their emotions than their words.
- Take a Virgo on a nice picnic at a beautiful location. Go on a hike, bring a bottle of wine, and enjoy the scenery.
- A coffee date at a bookstore.
- Go to a local farm or orchard.
- Go to a field and stargaze.
- Go camping: a bonfire is a great spot for conversations.
- Take classes together and have shared activities: cooking, pottery, woodworking, drawing, music lessons, etc.
Virgos have a good eye for detail. They can be critical, so it is wise for them to take up a partner with thick skin.
- Virgo has really high standards that are often unobtainable.
- Virgo wants to work hard, so they sometimes put relationships on the back burner.
- This sign is ruled by Mercury: they are highly cerebral and communicative.
Virgo doesn't like to always mince their words. They like to say things the way they are rather than go a politically correct route. They're paradoxes: wanting to say things as they are and also be polite. They have candor and etiquette.
The earth sign isn't directly motivated by ego; in part because, this sign comes after Leo, which is the king of ego. Most signs have opposite qualities of the sign that precedes them. Signs rebel against their predecessors.
Both Virgos need to take care of their mental health and give space for it. This is a sign that is prone to depression and anxiety. They can be disillusioned with the world; they want someone who is reliable, punctual, and on top of things. They do not like when someone drops the ball. Virgo can be really bad about holding onto a grudge.
They run at a high mental speed because of the influence from Mercury. They may constantly be on the go. They want to take on their goals to completion. They have a hierarchy of how they think things should be done.
Not everyone can date a perfectionist like this, or will want to for long. This in part makes two Virgos ideal because they can handle it. This can also be a recipe for disaster: one Virgo thinks their version of the world is perfect, while the other has a completely different version of perfection.
Just going to let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as perfection. That is an illusion.
Virgos in Love
Virgos are caretakers. They want to be devoted to their partners. They want to give and give, but they can be confused when someone is turning things around to give to them.
Virgo Analyzes Everything
Virgos analyze a romantic prospect before jumping into a relationship. Virgo's analytical nature can slow down romantic chemistry and prevent it from growing. In order to fall in love, often we have to let go of preconceived notions and be humble enough to accept someone. You can't make everything practical and ground; romance is in part spontaneous.
Learn to Love during Hard Times
Virgo will have to adjust its standards and goal posts. It's important to love someone through thick and thin, when healthy and sick, when rich and poor. If you only date for perfection and the good parts of life, there is plenty that will get ignored. Part of Virgo's depression comes from not properly processing trauma.
Virgo will not put up with cheating and scandals. There is a certain amount of love that should happen in both directions for any partnership.
Virgo: Looking for a Soul Mate or Ideal Match
Virgo is set on finding a soul mate and finding the one. Once they believe they have found that person, they will stick by them and won't stray.
Virgo Needs to Allow Themselves to be Disappointed
High standards for love and the self can be weighty. Disappointments come up, people make bad decisions, or we get off track. What Virgo needs is more forgiveness and grace in order to make their romantic commitments succeed and flourish.
It's not all about what it looks like on paper, analyzing data, or how pretty your 401k account is.
Identity Relationships Spell out Security
A Virgo should know what they're getting into with another Virgo. This spells out security and devotion from the beginning rather than mystery, confusion, and indecision. Virgo has the chance to have a divine kind of love.
A Closer Look at Virgo + Virgo Relationships
- Virgos embrace nature and love the world around them; they're also seeking a divine connection. (They're like Persephone who spends half her time in the underworld and the other half on Earth.)
- They thrive when they get to work with their hands.
- Virgos find normalcy with traditions.
- They're all about taking in information and organizing it.
- Virgos struggle to start projects. They're afraid of failure. They're overwhelmed about where to start.
- Virgos often are shy, disguising their emotions, and too caught up in something to recognize what needs to be done for matters of the heart.
- It will take extra effort to keep the spark alive. You need to be vulnerable.
- Cold devotion isn't necessarily what someone wants for the long term, so it is important to constantly add some spice and everything nice into the mix in order to make things happen.
- Virgo would be fine with just making bread, but for a romantic relationship, you eventually have to dig into the sugar reservoirs, if that makes sense.
Top Ten Tips for a Virgo and Virgo Couple
1. Think before you speak. Don't react in anger. Calm down on your perfectionist ways.
2. Intentionally find ways to socialize and spend time together. Virgos can turn into hermits.
3. Find social time with other friends and go to gatherings. This will keep you in the know. Isolated Virgos can start to have unusual ideas about how the world works.
4. Keep the sulking to a minimum. The silent treatment can create problems and not solve them.
5. Explore nature together and travel. Earth signs do well to go outside.
6. Have shared projects and individual projects to stay afloat.
7. You'll have a spotless house if you work together. You'll be at peace for this reason.
8. Study, learn more about your hobbies, keep your mind motivated.
9. Take care not to let your depression or anxiety flare up too much.
10. Staying kind is an act of devotion.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence