Traditions of The Catholic Church
Religious Items Decorate My Home
Catholic Church: The Sacraments
The Catholic Church recognizes seven sacraments that were instituted by Jesus Christ. These Sacraments are outward signs of an inward grace acting in our souls.
The Seven Sacraments Are:
3. Holy Communion
6. Holy Orders
7. Anointing of the Sick
For more information on these Sacraments go to catholic.org. where they can be studied further.
Catechism of the Catholic Church
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the official texts of the teachings of the Catholic Church. It has been defined as a summary of principles, often in question and answer format. Religious instruction has been documented since the beginning of time. The Catechism is a compilation of lots of smaller religious documents merged into a set of The Catholic Church teachings and doctrine. The Teachings of the Church have remained strong for centuries in Rome. The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church and oversees the proceedings of the church.
Four Principle Parts of The Catechism:
1. The Profession of Faith (The Apostles Creed)
2. The Celebration of the Christian Mystery (The Sacred Liturgy)
3. Life In Christ (The Ten Commandments)
4. Christian Prayer (The Lord's Prayer)
1. Michael-In the book of Genesis it tells of hi throwing Satan from Heaven during the War in Heaven. Saint Michael is also spoke of in the book of Revelation, concerning his "Battle With The Serpent."
2. Gabriel-He serves as God's Messenger to man kind. In the book of Daniel he explains Daniel's visions. In the Gospel of Luke, Gabriel foretells the birth of Jesus and John The Baptist.
3. Raphael- He is mentioned in The Book of Tobit as One of The Seven Arch Angels who stand before the Lord. The Cathoilc Church talks of his Angel during church service sometimes.
Note: This is just a short list of some Catholic traditions, Sacraments, etc.
Location of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Most Famous Catholic Saints
1. St. Valentine- He was a Holy Priest of Rome who was assisting the Martyrs during there persecution. Hiding and feeding true believers was his top priority because hey were being killed for their beliefs.
2. St. Patrick- He was an Apostle of Ireland. First a Priest and later on he became a Bishop to the Catholic Church. Saint Patrick preached The Word of God throughout the British Isles( Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
3. St. Jude- He is the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. He is known to help the sick and others in need of heeling. St. Jude today represents helping kids with cancer and cancer prevention.
When I arrived at The Shrine of The Most Blessed Sacrament, I was in awe. This was and is one of the most Holy Places that I have ever had the pleasure to visit. It has a beautiful Cathedral and acres of land to go with it. The Shrine of The Blessed Sacrament, has many statues and other items scattered in various places around the grounds. Every aspect of Christian religious life, is uncovered here.This is a place of reflection. The Beatitudes are in a monument on the grounds. There is an amazing castle on the grounds as well as The John Paul II Eucharistic Center. A gift shop is located in the first floor of the castle and there is a huge, carved out stone that serves as the stage for occasional shows and concerts. The inside of the Cathedral was astounding as it had huge statues and gold adorning the whole upper room.
Mother Angelica, who founded (EWTN) Eternal Word Television Network) was the driving force behind The Shrine of The Most Blessed Sacrament. These Holy Grounds are over four hundred acres of farmland. Besides The Shrine of The Most Blessed Sacrament, they also have a medieval style monastery where the monks actually hand make the candles that are used in Prayer.
The floors of the church are pure marble and numerous stained glass windows. In the lower church you can find a replica of The Shroud Of Turin Exhibit. This place also has Castle San Miguel which was named for Saint Michael.
It has an eating area, gift shop and according to officials the Castle is intended to exemplify those who have donned The Armor of God and fought for the Honor and Glory of God.
In the Catholic Church, that I attend, most members dip their finger in The Holy Water when they walk in and make the sign of the cross, showing respect for the Lord.
Where is The Vatican?
view quiz statistics
Have You Been?
Have you ever been to a Catholic Church?
- The History of The Rosary
This article documents the history of The Rosary in religion. The Rosary has many different prayers to learn and many mysteries to solve. Included in this hub are pictures, commentary and videos.
- The Mother of Jesus: Tribute to Mary
This article is about The Mother of Jesus. Mary will be discussed in this hub. Hopefully, I will include something in this hub that is unique that maybe you didn't know about Mary and even Jesus. I hop you find this hub informative and if you enjoy i
- Religious Findings Over the Years
This article is about some of the top religious findings over the years. Some of these items are found by excavating and others by chance. The Shroud of Turin and the Dead Sea Scrolls are listed here along with pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps
- The Shrine of The Most Blessed Sacrament
I visited the Shrine of the Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL. This is a great place to visit if you are looking for a day trip that is not expensive. It has a beautiful Cathedral and religious pictures adorned the walls. My favorite is the life si
- Bible Miracles
This internet article is about some of the many miracles in the Bible. The turning of water into wine, and the feeding of the 5,000 people with several loaves of bread and more are listed in this blog. Pictures, you tube videos, maps and commentary a
- Mini Jerusalem in Alabama
This particular hub was written after 2 trips to Cullman, AL, to the Ava Maria Grotto. This is not a bad drive considering this particular Landmark is in Alabama and kind of close to me. This hub will explain each individual work of art and his inspi
Traditions of The Eastern Catholic Church
© 2012 Buster Johnson