Ways to Ease Anxiety You Haven't Tried (Till Now)
A Brief Overview
I just want to preface this article with a few things. First, i'm not including any kind of medications or treatments. If so I would have named it "Ways to treat Anxiety". Most anxiety sufferers already know about medication options, yoga, breathing therapy, and coping techniques. All of these are great ways to cut down on the anxiety in your life. But anxiety doesn't always have a trigger and can hit at unexpected times, and can still exist after practicing commonly use techniques. I'm going to name a few things I've found that have helped ease anxiety while it's happening, that take your mind off of the attack and make it more bearable to deal with.
- Rainy Mood - Rain Makes Everything Better.
Rainy Mood is the world's most popular rain simulator. Sleep, study, and relax with the sound of rain.
- Flame Painter | Escape Motions
Flame Painter is a unique paint program, drawing tool that lets you create original paintings with flame brushes. Download for Mac and Windows.
THISISSAND CHANGES THE PIXELS ON YOUR SCREEN INTO DIGITAL SAND. Thisissand is a unique playground for creating and sharing amazing sandscapes on your computer or mobile device. Start pouring away to experience this special sand piling on your screen!
Top 10 Relaxing and Causal games for the game lovers out there.
- Top 10 most relaxing online casual games
Some games aim to soothe and calm your nerves rather than get your heart pounding like crazy with non-stop action.
Other Ideas you may or may not have tried.
- Taking a bubble bath
- Make a Blog
- Briskly exercise for 20-30 minutes
- Find a really engaging tv show or movie
- Call a friend on the phone
- Make lavender lemonade or sleepy time tea (Avoid caffeine though, as it makes anxiety worse!)
- Write in a journal
- Watch or read something funny
- Go for a drive
- Do something that makes you feel young again: Visit a park, color, etc
- Get up and dance
- Learn something new: A new language, how to knit, an instrument, etc
- Make a list of goals
- Visit a flea market
- Dress up just to feel good
- Give/get a hug