A Theistic Evolutionist - All That Is Missing Is the Letter "A".
PRAY FOR A GREAT AWAKENING IN THE PEOPLE OF FRANCE
Also we should be very concerned for our land as well. Unfortunately, we are historically the proverbial mule that requires a 2x4 across the bridge of our noses to get our attention. Pearl Harbor to which Admiral Yamamoto observed as "waking a sleeping giant" and was in evidence just after the attacks of 9/11. Sadly we seemly have been lulled back into a state complacency as a nation. Maybe a nation such as France which has stood for so long as being anti-religious will truly awaken to a new era of change. Let us pray so!
Grandfather of the Father of Modern Evolutionary Theory
The Book That Started It All!
Mount St. Helens
In The Beginning ... God Did What?
The French Revolution of the 1770s led to the French Senat denouncing all belief or worship in the God of the Bible in 1773; which in turn included a great Bible burning crusade and persecution of those opposed. The foundation for the revolution was based upon books by Descartes and Rousseau.
- Descartes', "Discourse on Method" premise was that the universe is governed only by mathematical laws; man has no free will, thus NO intervention is needed in the affairs of men.
- Rousseau's, "The Social Contract" preached that all laws are based upon the will of the people rather than that of an all-powerful God.
Across the channel, England in the late 1700's soon had strong supporters of the French idealism.
The Lunar Society was founded by several influential men with the sole purpose of ridding the state of any "religion". The founder of the Lunar Society and the author of the book "Zoonomia" was none other than Erasmus Darwin, Charles Darwin's grandfather. Not only was Zoonomia Charles "bible" but its influence was enormous.
John Hutton (1726-1797), a Quaker, came up with the "new" theory of uniformitarianism with three tenets:
- The earth's history was a long one.
- Change is the normal course of events.
- The interpretation of the Bible is other than literal.
Charles Lyell (1797-1875), "The Principles of Geology" which became one of Charles Darwin's most loved books, took uniformitarianism into the realm of geology. Open any modern book on geology and you will see the impact this still has upon the haters of God today. In reality, this book and it's "theories" went down the "tubes" completely by the evidence alone left in the wake of the eruption of Mount St. Helens. And of course...
Charles Darwin (1809-1882), "On the Origin of Species" and "The Descent of Man"; bibles for the modern "scientific" mind.
The "church" was and is not immune from their influence.
Hugh Miller (1802-1856) a theologian wrote the book "The Testimony of the Rocks" in an attempt to make Darwin's theory fit with the Bible; thus the "long-day" theory was born.
Thomas Chalmers (1780-1847), a contemporary of Miller deduced the "gap" theory.
Asa Gray (1810-1888) and James Dana (1813-1895) divinity professors at Harvard and Yale respectively became devoted "Darwinists" after reading Origins. Sadly I have met and know currently well trained "professional holy men" that do not broach the subject of Creation versus Evolution because the confused state that their respected seminaries implanted in their psyches.
Hook, Line and Sinker
Legal Positivism - Evolution's Acceptable Personae
The laws of our society today have deviated massively from the founding fathers and to quote George Washington, "Reason and experience both forbid us to conclude that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle." Now compare this statement by Woodrow Wilson, professor and President of the United States, "All we progressives ask or desire is permission to interpret the Constitution according to the Darwinian principle of evolution." And here you thought: what could evolution have to do with our government?
Legal positivism has led to the idea that what is better for the good of "all" (in reality for the few) supersede all other beliefs. The first principle of legal positivism was to re-define "SIN", a major problem to its adherents: today we know this principle as "low self-esteem" and the church has bought it, hook, line and sinker. I do not care what the world thinks but I immensely care about the real Church and our message.
- Whole ministries have been built around sin being replaced by the low self-esteem issue and lot of monies have traded hands.
- Corporal punishment, commanded by Scripture as a protection against wickedness, has been replaced with psychology promoted by books found in every "Christian" book store. Surely, you do not want to damage another's self-esteem.
- Sadly, human life has been devalued among so-called believers as many Christian women have duped into believing abortion to be a fix-it-all procedure only to find later in life massive regrets, guilt and a sorrow only a woman could understand.
The greatest damage Satan has been able to inflict upon the so-called church has been to question the Word and its author, God Almighty, Creator and the Savior of mankind. Today, rampant within the Church, are multitudes of confused believers that do NOT have a definitive testimony for the Hope that lies within them. They either cower before the onslaught "scientific" questioning which makes them appear foolish and/or stupid or they latch onto a personal dogma and try to shove it down everyone's throat that does not agree with them. We have become weak in the Word and we pick and choose and often waffle between doctrines as suits our personal fancies. We read Scripture and translate it according to our life style and personal beliefs rather than taking the whole of God's Word and shaping our lives accordingly. Too often we take the path of least resistance which is the exact OPPOSITE of what the Bible espouses.
The Truth Behind - "Half-Truths"
I Just Couldn't Resist This Cartoon
Mixed Messages Are Allied With The Enemy
Even though half-truths are the "modis operandi" of the media; it doesn't take very long before anyone who reviews "Christian" postings to their Facebook site to see that not all "believers" believe alike nor are very kind to anyone who should disagree with their dogmatic view. Three areas are most prevalent and obvious to both the believer and the non-believer.
- The Judaizers - The Bible books of both Romans and Galatians addressed this MAJOR problem within the early Church. It comes from those who hold strictly to Old Testament laws and ordinances as being the basis for being a true Christian. If you don't observe the Sabbath from Friday 6:00pm to Saturday 6:00pm you are then a heretic and not a real believer. Colossians 2:16 "Let NO man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." Another thing about these modern Judaizers is that they are wonderful at picking what is to be strictly followed but are very silent when it comes to other principles and ordinances which were set forth to separate the nation Israel from the surrounding pagan cultures. I don't hear them espousing circumcision, non-trimming of men's beards, blood sacrifices, observation of specific washings, days of separation due to uncleanness, etc., because, they do NOT fit into their current lifestyle. The thief on the cross observed nothing but yet his act of belief is recorded in the eternal Word of God. If they are believers, God will intervene and soften their hearts but if not, they will judged as a soldier of the enemy.
- The Self-righteous - They are NO different from the Judaizers, except their area of expertise lies in the area of the New Testament. If another who claims to be a Christian does not live their life according to the self-righteous' personal standards, then come the personal attacks against their standing in Christ if at all. Per Proverbs 6:19, God HATES, "...he that soweth discord among brethren." In both cases, whether a Judaizer or one who falls into the self-righteous camp; they are the agents of discord, NOT the protectors of the purity of the Church. Christ is the only one who will present His Bride before the Father, without blemish and with exceeding great joy. (Jude 24)
- The Self-proclaimed Condemners - These are the greatest enemy to the witness of the Church to a lost and dying world. They love to stir up controversy for controversy's sake, such as: Starbuck's red cup, the word Christmas being stricken from our godless school systems, boycotting a brand or establishment because of something they have heard or read and the world of politics is their hot button to name just a few. What in this world do they think unbelievers are supposed to do but act in unbelief. We know that Jesus ate and fellowshipped with the unbelieving for He did NOT come to save the righteous but the unrighteous. When you condemn a lost person for being lost, YOU have lost all credibility and any possibility of being God's instrument in their salvation. Their "guilt-trip" assassination tactic leads to a greater hatred among the lost for anything associated with Jesus. This must end if we are to have any hope of seeing another come to a saving knowledge of the Savior.
To be continued......