- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
What Does It Mean When You Dream About Someone You Know?
We've all dreamt about people we know before. Well, what does this all mean?
First off, it is very important to understand that typically the people within your dreams contain significant psychological significance no matter how short-lived their appearance or minimal role in the dream. You might want to think about recording your dreams in a journal with every memorable detail possible in order to study them sometime in the future. This can be very helpful because even dreams that seem larger-than-life can end up a fuzzy recollection only a couple of hours later. In this article, learn about the possible significance of a variety of dreams, including those that involve:
- Family members
- Dead people
- Someone you work with
- Someone you are in love or were in love with
- Sexual situations
What Does It Mean When We Dream About Certain People?
Dreaming About Family Members
Dreams about family members typically represent your own personal characteristics.
- A dream involving your aunt in a car accident or in another urgent situation may imply that a part of your own personality is being overlooked.
- If your aunt is just in the dream however, and not an active participant, it could suggest that you are not permitting your genuine characteristics to show in the real world.
Dreaming About the Dead
Historically, it was thought that a dream associated with a dead human being was a good omen.
- If you experienced generally good feeling towards a person while they were alive, then a dream about that individual once they have died is generally a tremendous experience. Dreaming of a deceased loved one is considered a way to cheat death, if only for a moment.
- At the same time, there is a more sinister aspect to dreaming about the dead. A dream involving a dead person that had been bad or was an individual you disliked is often an indication that you are currently afraid of what the near future holds.
Dreaming About Someone You Work With
What does it mean when you dream about someone you work with? Often, personalities in our day-to-day life will take on the human form of our own different feelings in our dreams.
If you have a dream about a fellow worker who isn’t within the ordinary context of work, it indicates that coworker represents an aspect of yourself. Perhaps your manager is at a party for your cousin, together with your fifth grade teacher along with the chap that bagged your groceries last night.
- It might imply that your cousin represents you when you were a young child and your boss represents you now.
- The teacher would merely be a hint to the time frame of your childhood and the bagger may be a clue to your current timeframe.
As you can see, often the most mundane details hold more meaning than the individuals. Recording the details is crucial to interpreting dreams.
Dreaming About Someone You Are Or Were in Love With
What does it mean when you dream about someone you are in love with or used to be deeply in love with? More often than not, the person you love being in your dream may well be an indication of your current passion level for life.
When there's some kind of urgent situation with your loved one, it indicates that your life vitality is losing strength. If you ever discover your loved one is with someone else, this means you don’t feel like you're as passionate about your daily existence as those who you're around. This is important to keep in mind: never misinterpret a dream about your mate's unfaithfulness to indicate they are actually being unfaithful or want to be in real life. Cheating dreams rarely, if ever, mean that unfaithfulness is actually occurring. Rather, it signifies other things, like your fear or anxiety related to this person or other components of your life.
Often times dreams appear to be extraordinarily real and stir up real life feelings that are out of context—this can get tricky. Keep a dream log with very specific details. Make an effort to recollect where you were, what were people wearing, what time of day was it, what objects do you remember, etc. This will help you interpret them later on.
Dreaming About Someone in a Sexual Way
What does it mean when you dream about someone in a sexual way? Dreams related to having sex are typically the only kind of dreams which indicate your entire body is craving exactly what it is actually dreaming about: sexual intercourse.
- However, just because dream-you is having sex with someone in particular doesn’t necessarily mean you secretly would like to be intimate with them in real life. The person involved is more of an indication of your body's actual sexual appetite. In general, the more obscure and unusual the greater your current degree of appetite.
- If the dream is about sex yet very little actual sex ever takes place, this implies that your sexual appetite is increasing.
- If you happen to really take part in sexual acts in a dream it almost always indicates your body is sexually thirsty.
If you're wondering what it suggests when you dream about a person in a sexual way when you are not actually sexually drawn to them in real life, it's not just you. According to a recent study, 85% of individuals of all ages dream about sexual acts with an unfamiliar person at some point in their lives. Do not worry when you're dreaming about having sex with a relative or an unattractive friend. It doesn’t indicate you're a pervert. In all probability it means your sexual appetite is overpowering whatever trait that person symbolizes in the dream.