Woe is Me
Why does God allow me to suffer?
Woe is me! "I don't understand why I am going through this all". Have you ever felt this way? I have felt this way a few times. Sometimes God is trying to teach us something. Sometimes it is to exercise our faith. And sometimes it can be trials and tribulations all of which make us stronger in the end. When you are in the midst of it, most times none of this sounds encouraging. You just want it to end and to end now. What can you do to get through it all? Well there is a number of things most of which are easy to do and have great benefits.
1. Write a letter to God of all your worries and stresses.
2. Listen to the Word of God, (even if you are not in the mood) or read it. Faith cometh by hearing.
3. Call or email Christian organizations for prayer requests.
4. Call any Christian friends and ask them to pray and tell them that it is"urgent".
5. Wait on the Lord. (Just waiting on God shows faith.)
What not to do:
1. Start self-medicating with alcohol or whatever. Let God medicate you with the Holy Spirit to give you grace.
2. Get mad at God and try to drown Him out of your life.
3. Try to do everything on your own and in your own power.
Maybe you think how could a believer in Christ ever think of doing any of those things. Well, life happens and people fail. We are human and imperfect. God is always waiting to forgive us and give us new hope.
Devotions for the Anxious-Kindle Book
- Devotions For The Anxious: C. L. Griffin: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Devotions For The Anxious: C. L. Griffin: Amazon.com: Kindle Store