Year of The Double Blessing - God The Mathematician
GOD IS A MATHEMATICIAN: (God’s Ability to solve problems)
In observing the double one can see that God is concerned about the numeric system in which he created. Even his Word names one of the books of the bible Numbers. Let’s take a closer look at God’s ability to use the numeric system for his pleasure and glory.
According to scripture anything God divides he makes whole. For example wholeness to God means that the Spirit Soul and Body are to be blameless and whole. The Apostle Paul declares in 1 Thess. 5:23 and the peace of God sanctify you wholly and I pray God that your Spirit Soul and body be preserved blameless until the coming of the Lord. Here we see the Spirit Soul and Body divided and listed in the order of importance. Hebrews 4:12a also shows the Spirit and Soul being divided. It reads for the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edge sword dividing asunder the soul and the spirit. Anything that God divides he makes whole while anything that man divides is simply separation. Take for example the wisdom of God displayed through Solomon. Two women were in bed with their children. One rolled over her child during the night and smothered her child to death and stole the other woman’s child. Solomon through the wisdom of God asked for a sword to divide the child in half and give half to each mother. Through this wise suggestion the real mother could not stand to see her child killed even at the expense of losing it forever. Through this suggestion of division wholeness transpired as the child was delivered whole Spirit soul and body to the real mother. Another word for
Division in the bible is the word “midst” or middle. The Children of Israel went through the midst of the Red sea as God divided the waters and they were all made whole Spirit Soul and body as they reached the other side while Pharaoh and his army were drowned. Jesus in his hometown of Nazareth in Luke 4 was about to be thrown off of a cliff and killed because of declaring himself to be the Messiah of whom Isaiah wrote about in Isaiah 61:1 but he went through the midst of them and they could not touch him. He was made whole spirit soul and body as he escaped premature death. Jesus said that he did not come to bring peace to the world but a sword, this sword brings division forming believers and non-believers, light and darkness, good and evil. Wholeness comes to non-believer’s as believer’s witness for Jesus. This same principal works in homes where there are both believers and non-believers (division) in the house. Those that are born again in the home witness through word and example with much prayer until wholeness comes to that house as one by one non-believers of that home are born again.
A House Divided Against itself cannot stand
Division apart from the Lords intervention is simply that…Division! James wrote about wars and divisions among the flock in the book of James 4:17 and the same thing happens today. Churches divide themselves culturally, denomination-ally, racially and so forth, but the body of Christ is not divided but one body the ecclesia or the Church. Even Satan and his demonic forces are unified in an evil way. By that I mean they have order and rank according to Ephesians 6 where we find principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness or wicked spirits in high places. Jesus commented on this when he was accused of casting out devils by Beelzebub the chief of devils. Jesus said if Satan cast out Satan then his kingdom would fall. Houses are falling apart daily because they are divided against themselves, meaning no one in the house is in agreement with God’s Word on behalf of other relatives in the home. When there are no born again family members in a divided home, the home has the possibility of falling apart because of a lack of agreement and so forth. All God needs is one person or more per household to keep a home together through prayer and right living to draw others in the home to Christ. In the Book of Ezekiel God sought for a man (singular) to stand in the gap and make up the hedge for Israel.
- Anything that God divides he makes whole Spirit Soul and Body
- Anything man divides is separation or division
- Midst in the bible is middle and when the Lord divides he is in the midst. Matthew 18 declares where two or three are gathered together in my name “there” am I in the midst.
- A house divided still has hope because the Lord is in the midst moving on behalf of the believer as they agree with him and his word
- A house divided against itself cannot stand because of the absence of any agreement in that house
- Even Satan and his demonic forces through their agreement keep their house standing in opposition to the Kingdom of God.
When a person’s priorities are in line with God’s Word concerning the Kingdom of God, God’s ability to add to a persons’ life goes into manifestation. Matthew 6:33 declares seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all of these things shall be added unto you. What things? All of the things the Gentiles seek after, food, drink, clothing etc. The Kingdom of God is God’s way of doing things and God’s word reveals what he requires. As a person obeys what God requires He promises to add blessing. Deut. 28 declares if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God then all of these blessings shall come on thee (added).
Jehoshaphat had heard that the children of Ammon Moab and Mt Seir were coming against him and the people of Judah. These armies conspired to form allies against him making it a guaranteed victory practically speaking. We all have battles that come against us at times in the form of relationship, finance, health and family domestic problems, but we must do what Jehoshaphat did and seek God first. Jehoshaphat feared and set himself to seek the Lord, and to not act out of that fear. When God is acknowledged first he adds direction for life’s battles; The Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel as he proclaimed that Judah did not need to fight in the battle for the battle was the Lords. The next day Judah won the battle as they praised the Lord and God confused their enemies and they turned on one another. Judah spent three days gathering the spoils of war that God added unto them as they sought him first. As we acknowledge him first and he directs our path concerning life’s battles, God will add the spoils of war from those battles to our lives.
God adds fifteen more years to Hezekiah
God is in the business of adding years to life not taking life. Many die prematurely due to a lack of wisdom and bad choices. Proverbs declares that wisdom has within its right hand long life and riches and honor in its left hand (Prov. 3:16). For example a lack of wisdom concerning diet and nutrition causes premature death on a consistent basis. Hezekiah had been approached by the prophet Isaiah and told to get his house in order for he would die and not live. Upon hearing this Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and began to pray. At the top of the list of getting his house in order as proclaimed by Isaiah to him, was his seeking God first in prayer! As a result God added 15 more years to Hezekiah’s life. God is the author of healing whether through the medical profession, the body’s ability to heal on its own or through supernatural healing. Healing is “added time” toward a person’s life by God because He is interested in adding years to life not taking them away.
The Feeding of the Five Thousand
Jesus had 5000 men and possibly as many as 20,000 people counting women and children following him into a desert place to hear his words of life. After they pursued him first he did not let them leave hungry because there was the possibility of them fainting along the way back to their destination. With the help of his disciples he ordered the people to sit down in companies of fifty because order is always a bi-product of putting God first. Jesus then feeds all of the people with five loaves and two fish from a little lad’s lunch. He added to the people natural food as they pursued him for the spiritual food leaving them totally satisfied. He added to others the twelve baskets of fragments that were picked up because more is added when people do not waste. These people were not complaining of hunger or even asked for this miracle, but Jesus took the initiative and looked out upon the people with compassion and added what they needed when they sought him first.
- God adds the necessities of life to those who acknowledge him first in every way.
- Obedience to God’s Word is a key to added blessing.
- Look for the spoils of war from life’s battles that will be added after overcoming.
- Problems in areas could be a wisdom problem.
- Order is evidence that God is first because he is not the author of confusion.
- Added blessings that have not been asked for is the Lord taking the initiative to add because he is touched with the feelings of our infirmities.
- Healing is “added time” toward a person’s life by God because He is interested in adding years to life not taking them away.
God multiplies and gives the increase (I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.(1 Corinthians 3:6)
Multiplication and increase occur when a person hears understands and obeys the Word of God ("But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.")
- Multiplication occurs through giving (Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.)
- And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity].
- The enemy tries to stop multiplication and growth (Exodus1:12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew.)
Subtraction can be seen in Matthew 25 where the Person who had one talent did nothing with it except to bury it. After a long time the Lord came to find out if he had been a good steward with what was given to him. Excuses, laziness and his twisted views left him without profit. The Lord had expected him to at the very least taken the money to the exchangers and gained interest. What was given to him was taken (subtracted) and given to the one with 10 talents.
Subtraction can be seen in the following verses:
- Whoever multiplies his wealth by interest and profit gathers it for him who is generous to the poor.
- Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
- Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds,
- A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.
- ( Exodus 12:35) And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment:
- (Acts 16:18) – Refusal to use God given authority permits the enemy to hold up our economy. She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.
- ( Psalm 84:11) A wrong perspective about God; God is not holding out on us.
- 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
· PROVERBS 27:23
· PROVERBS 13:22
- (Job 1:21) 1 and said, “Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither. The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job later declared the things he greatly feared came upon him.
- ( 1 Sam. 30) God must be pursued before anything else; recovery takes place from what has been subtracted when God is pursued first.
- Year Of The Double Blessing
Six times in the Bible, specific reference is made to a “double portion.” When someone receives a double portion, he gets a gift twice as much as that given to others.