You Are a Diamond With Outstanding Abilities and Strengths
You Are The Only One Of It's Kind
You Are a Diamond, Unique and Brilliant
Just think - you are the only one of its kind. You are without an equal or equivalent. You are unparalleled! If knowing this isn't enough to get your motor revved up I don't know what will.
Regardless of the kind of hand life deals to you, obstacles of unimaginable proportion can make you stronger and increase your compassion and understanding. With the knowledge that you are not simply unique but that you are a diamond of uniqueness with abilities and strengths you never discover and never use in a lifetime.
You are not defective and you are not flawed. You are a masterpiece. You are not meant to be like someone else. You are meant to be different and this difference is a gift to you and you only.
It's time for you to unveil your uniqueness.
Unveil Your Uniqueness
You Are Enough
You are a unique creation and your abilities are also unique. What does it mean to be unique? Let's start out by reading what Mr.Webster's definition of this word is. He simply defines unique as "being the only one." Amazing! There is only one of you and only one of me.
For the next few minutes let's expand on the word unique. What are some of the ways we define our uniqueness? How do we use it - or do we? Can we as individuals change our own lives as we begin to recognize the power and magnificence of being unique?
"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."
How To Discover Your Unique Abilities
A unique person is an opposite of average, dull, or boring, There is no one like you. You are one-of-a-kind. You are an original. You are absolutely unmatched. You are exclusive.
To be unique you must be yourself and not someone's idea of what you should be. You can't be yourself if you don't like yourself so maybe it's time to work on some self-love.
"I believe in me. I am a diamond already and it's time to shine."
Repeat the above quote three times. Each time you repeat the quote you'll begin to feel stronger about the message.
Liking yourself is the power tool for discovering and then using your own special abilities.
"But I don't have any unique abilities," you say." Ah, but you certainly do. Those abilities are there deep inside of you and waiting to be discovered. Don't try too hard to find these gifts. Shhhhhhhhhh...be quiet and listen. They will appear.
Here is an exercise I'd like you to try. Visualize a large diamond buried deep within a cave (you.). Diamonds are found in mines, craters, and caves. In this case, you are the mine or cave and a diamond is resting deep within you.
Unless you put forth effort and determination, along with a strong desire, your diamond will simply remain undiscovered and useless. You must put forth action.
Just like mining for diamonds, if you keep trying and dig deep enough you will begin to see a faint sparkle. Is that a diamond? Could it be? You'll never know unless you dig deeper and deeper. Your abilities are like diamonds. Once you recognize that what you have is an ability, the next step is to dust it off and polish it over and over again.
As you continue to polish your diamond the sparkle will ignite and blaze brighter and brighter. It will become an obvious part of you and even others will see it. This is how you let your light shine and glorify the one who gave you these abilities.
Do You Consider Your Own Needs?
How Often Do You Treat Yourself To Something Fun Or Special
You Have Endless Abilities and T..alents
Say Goodbye To Fear
I have always appreciated Emerson's quote about fear: "Fear is a cruel thief who comes in the night and robs us of success just when it's within our reach" How terribly true this is. And because it is, we must practice how to conquer fear.
If our lives are bound by fear we cease to grow and become all that we could be. We are stuck in our comfort zone and never take risks. We dare not change and yet without change, there is no growth.
Facing our fears takes courage. We have to be willing to let go of the familiar to be courageous. Expanding on our level of bravery creates greatness. Greatness and bravery will overcome fear.
Develop a high level of faith in yourself. This will be the foundation for overcoming fear.
Learn to identify your fears. The things that scare us as children may still be lurking somewhere. If you can identify those fears, you will find it easier to release them.
The biggest fear most of us have is the fear of the unknown.
What is most important to you?
What matters most to you in your life?
6 Qualities (Tools) To Bring About Change
In order to recognize our abilities, it helps to possess certain qualities. Think of these qualities as tools. Let's take a look at six of the most effective, strong qualities:
- Being positive. Are you a half empty or half full kind of person? If you see the glass as half full you are sure to find more unique qualities within you. The potential within you is limitless and for the most part untapped.
- Believe in yourself. Your beliefs control everything you do. If you expect to fail you most probably will which is one important reason we need support from others. Believe in your mission in life. Believe that you can accomplish your goals Whatever abilities and talents you have will not be discovered and reach the highest level unless you believe in yourself.
- Keep good company. Surround yourself with people you admire. Negative, critical people drain your energy and add a darkness to your life. Choose to spend time with those that see the potential in you and speak highly of you.
- Don't compare yourself with others. Instead, focus on your own talents and abilities and make the most of those. You may not have what they have but neither do they have what you have. You don't need a bigger diamond. Just keep polishing the one you have.
- Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. If writing is your strength, then work on it continually. Study everything you can about writing. Never become complacent. We never stand still. We either move forward or we move backward. Fretting about your weaknesses will only prevent you from doing your best with the strengths you have.
- Use failure as a motivating force. Being determined is the best way to overcome failure. Failure is just a word. It is your thinking that labels it as "bad." Be resilient and able to bounce back regardless of how you feel. Learn how to profit from your losses.
Believe in Yourself
Final Words of Wisdom
William Shakespeare said it best: "To Thine Own Self-be True". This is the path to self-discovery.
You can be the difference that is needed in the world. Set a new standard. Dare to be different. Dare to be you. Others don't determine what your destiny will be. They haven't a clue about what's in you. Don't allow anyone to keep you from being who you are. You don't need anyone's approval or disapproval.
The choices you make every hour of every day will determine your individual results as far as success goes Here are a few suggestions to consider:
- Learn to say no when your plate is piled high and you're trying to meet deadlines. It isn't selfish to do this.
- When you do say yes, then live up to your promise. Make integrity your goal at all times. Be trustworthy and dependable.
- Stand out in the crowd by being who you truly are. We are all wired a little bit different but high values remain the same. Break free of daily bombardment and influences that leave you teetering on the edge.
- Find your kind spot and reach out to help others. This is the best part of you. This is the truest and most precious part of you. This is who you truly are.
- You are a diamond with unique abilities. Remember this every time you feel unworthy, unloved, alone, unappreciated and in emotional or physical pain.
- Somewhere at sometime someone needs you. Search for opportunities to give the best part of yourself to others.
- Love yourself. Do something kind for just you every day.
Start dreaming again. Start believing again and start hoping again.
There has been only one Beethoven, one Michelangelo, one Churchill, one Da Vinci, one Gandhi -- and there is only one you.
© 2012 Audrey Hunt