Acharya Shree Yogeesh
© Mahavir Sanglikar
Acharya Shree Yogeesh is a great spiritual teacher. He is not a religious Guru and separates religion from philosophy and spirituality. His teachings are mainly based on Jain and Sankhya philosophy.
Acharya Shree Yogeesh: a Short Biography
Acharya Shree Yogeesh was born near Delhi, India on 28th of August 1955. He was born in a warrior family. At the age of 14, he became a monk. Since then he has been traveling worldwide to spread the philosophy of non-violence.
He is a well educated ascetic having two Masters' Degrees and a Doctorate of Philosophy in The Six Substances of Jainism: A Comparative Study with Buddhist Texts.
In 1997, he founded Yogeesh Ashram in California, USA. This is a Non-Profit organization working for promotion of Meditation, Yoga and Spirituality. In 2008, he founded Siddhayatan, a Hindu-Jain pilgrimage site and spiritual retreat center near Dallas, Texas. This site is spread over 200+ Acres of area. It helps souls to awaken. Everyday, hundreds of people visit this place. This is not just 'another' pilgrimage center or temple.
Philosophy of Acharya Yogeesh
Acharya Shree Yogeesh is against traditional Hindu and Jain Gurus. He opposes religions and religious traditions. For him, Spirituality and enlightenment are the most important things. According to him, the true enlightened masters do not seek name and fame. He worries about the young people and truth seekers being trapped in religions. He says that religions can mislead truth seekers. "Even if you choose a wrong spiritual teacher, it also will mislead you", he adds.
According to him, spirituality is the gradual process to awakening the soul through self-awareness, self-improvement, and meditation.
He is a staunch advocate of non-violence and vegetarian food habits.
His teachings are mainly based on wisdom in ancient Eastern Philosophies.
Some of his published work is: Secrets of Enlightenment Vol I, Secrets of Enlightenment Vol II,
You Must Die Before You Die, Reunion with Self
Some Quotes of Acharya Shree Yogeesh
* I am not here to teach, I am here to share.
* When you do good deeds with expectations, you collect good Karma. When you do good deeds selflessly, you dissolve your Karma.
* Tomorrow never comes. It is always today.
* Flow with the flow. Be with yourself. Discover who you really are.
* The things which can not be achieved by effort can be achieved by relaxation. Most people do the opposite.
* Ego is like an arrow. No matter how high you shoot it, it always falls down. Crush your ego and be down to earth.
* Attachment and hatred are the roots of illusion and suffering. You must free yourself from their strong grip in order to be liberated.
* Love without conditions.
* Your intention determine the degree of Karma you collect, more than your actions.
* Ignorance is like a cloud that covers sun.
* Be empty vessel, then meditation will happen.
Disciples of Acharya Shree Yogeesh
Most of his disciples are Americans and Mexicans. They are studying Jain philosophy and practicing meditation. Two of his disciples, Tammy Herbster and Tania Máynez have became Jain Nuns and now they are known Sadhvi Siddhali Shree and Sadhvi Anubhuti, respectively. Two other disciples are under training and will be initiated to monk hood in near future.
Jainism in views of Acharya Shree Yogeesh
Acharya Yogeesh in Mexico
More on Jainism
- Sadhvi Siddhali Shree: First American Jain Nun
Sadhvi Siddhali Shree, previously known as Tammy Herbster, is the first American woman to become a Jain nun. Here is how a war veteran started her journey to her spiritual and ascetic life.
- Jainism: An Introduction to Some Western Jains
people of other faiths slowly got attracted towards this less known religion.A small but increasing number of People started to adopt Jainism. Here I am introducing some of the great western individuals, who have converted to Jainism.
- Justin Lundeen: an American Convert to Jainism
An interview with Justin Lundeen,an American guy living in Galesburg, Illinois, who has been converted to Jainism. Read his story of conversion and his matured views on Jainism.
- Live and Let Live Philosophy of Jainism
Live and Let Live symbol in Jainism teaches us tolerance and love.
- Vardhaman Mahaveer and His Life
Vardhaman Mahaveer, also known as Teerthankar Mahaveer or Lord Mahaveer, was a socio-religious reformer. He lived in 6th Century B.C. He was contemporary of Buddha.
- An Introduction to Numerology
Know the basics of numerology, the science of knowing good & bad effects of numbers on your life. Numerologists can analyze the characteristics of a person just by studying the date of birth and name.
- Angavijja: Ancient Book of Body Language and physiognomy
Angavijja is an ancient book of reading a person through his body language and physiognomy. Ancient Indians used this science to reveal occult knowledge and foretell the future.
- Animals Which Are Vegetarians and Strong
This Hub is not about famous vegetarian persons or vegetarian wrestlers... but about the wild as well as domestic animals who are vegetarians. If you think meat eating makes an animal strong..