CarolineVABC profile image 78

For Christians only: Do you believe you should give 10% of your income to church?

Many churches today ask their members to "tithe" ten percent of their salary. They believe that it was a commandment from the book of Malachi and those who do not give ten percent of their income will be cursed or not be blessed. What do you think?

blessed365 profile image81

Vicky C. (blessed365) says

• CarolineVABC profile image

CarolineVABC 4 years ago

I believe the same thing. What's not clear to me is it 10% of your gross or net income. Some people say it is better if we give 10% of the former because this way, we are not just giving 'left overs' to God.

Sorry for the very late reply! Thank you!

celafoe profile image65

charlie (celafoe) says

• CarolineVABC profile image

CarolineVABC 4 years ago

Very interesting! I do not know much about tithing. All I know is "everyone" (Jews or Gentiles) were commanded to tithe by Jesus. I need to read about it more. I agree with you that we are His stewards and should obey God. Thank you for your reply!

philirodje profile image61

philirodje says

• CarolineVABC profile image

CarolineVABC 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment, philirodge! I apologize for the very, very late reply. I'm not sure when the "comment" feature started. I will look into it.

bretpesis says

• CarolineVABC profile image

CarolineVABC 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment, bretpesis! I apologize for the very late reply. I'm not sure when the "comment" feature started. I appreciate your comment.