lone77star profile image 90

Is your interpretation of the Bible equal to that of God?

Explain your answer. Originally asked HeavenBound5511, but open to all. I feel that only humility will let us find the answers we seek. Long ago, people were burned at the stake for not believing someone else's interpretation. The Catholic Church created a pogrom against the Cathars, crusades, and inquisitions. Earlier than this, Emperor Justinian arrested and perhaps later murdered a Pope because he wouldn't follow Justinian's interpretation of Christianity. Is it possible to miss out on heaven because we have the wrong interpretation or that we're not humble enough?

TattedKajun profile image59

TattedKajun says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

Thanks, @TattedKajun. Can discussing the meaning of scripture help us discover things there that we may never have seen before?

I found a timeline in Genesis compatible with those of science. I also found Kabbalah's "Tree of Life" embedded there.

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

@manatita44, it may be a silly Q for you or I, but for so many Fundamentalists who act as though their interpretation is equivalent to that of God, I hope it gives them pause to gain some humility.

dixie28714 says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

Beautiful! And wouldn't it be nice for those who have their own ideas to hold them lightly so that God can speak to them?

Before we walk, we must crawl, yes! But some people insist that crawling is the ultimate Truth.