Azaurmyth profile image 59

Why all of the resentment, and violence via words and actions, towards those of other faiths?

I'm Pagan and a Scientist-in-the-making, but I don't see the reason for all of the hurt. Even my mother does it to me when we're speaking of strictly science and not religion. But even so, why is there so much pain when it comes to difference of religion? Can't we all just put that aside and live a much fuller life for our efforts?

Sri T profile image79

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

Craig Suits profile image80

Craig Suits says

• TomBlalock profile image

TomBlalock 4 years ago

Nah, you've got it all wrong. We conservatives just hit people with restrictive laws, instead. The club is too old school.

Sherry Hewins profile image94

Sherry Hewins says

• TomBlalock profile image

TomBlalock 4 years ago

Can't agree more. I don't think very highly of paganism, because of many reasons, but I'll respect his right to follow it, and even sacrifice of myself so that he be allowed to continue to do so. Well said.

TomBlalock profile image85

TomBlalock says

• Azaurmyth profile image

Azaurmyth 4 years ago

I've tried "differences in belief". A lot of people take that to mean "religion" and I still get in arguments. Even about science, which is religion-less and data based as opposed to beliefs and feelings.