If you think that there is just one law, and learning the Law of Attraction will take care of all of your problems, I think you are fooling yourself. (That's the apparent message of The Secret, a popular video which purports to teach the Law of Attraction.)
At the same time, I do find that positive affirmation, when done in deep meditation, combined with other techniques, is really making a difference for me.
The key points I have found are:
1. Do no harm. Live a loving life.
2. Dwell in unconditional peace. Do not seek things to "make you happy." Being alive is source enough for joy and peace, even in the midst of pain and illness and financial difficulties.
3. Choose life goals that are true to your soul.
4. Work dilligently towards those goals six days a week, and keep a sabbath for spirit, or healing, or creativity.
5. Remain joyful and creative.
6. Never give up.
7. Share your blessings with the world.