Rodric29 profile image 82

Do we have to hide in the closet about our beliefs today? It sure feels like it!

Georgie Lowery profile image95

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

CR Rookwood profile image93

Pamela Hutson (CR Rookwood) says

SidKemp profile image95

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

Doc Snow profile image96

Doc Snow says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

Hi Doc Snow. I voted it up. I am definitely not closeted. I am a Mormon. I am one of those "pushy" types. Some people feel they have to hide their faith. I am sure many Americans who were Islamics may have felt this way in recent times.

msorensson profile image64

msorensson says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

Msorensson, thanks for posting and voted up. I think that your comment is European idea--that beliefs are personal. It is starting to be more accepted in America but not yet. We still wear our beliefs on our sleeves as of yet.

nightwork4 profile image61

nightwork4 says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

Now this is what I am talking about. You cannot express you faith due to other's prejudice. You choose not to believe, which is a faith in itself, and you must guard it to feel comfortable in society. You must live in the Southeast!

phillippeengel profile image65

Chong (phillippeengel) says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

Thanks for commenting and voted up. I agree that more and more people may feel that way. It is okay too. This is the right of all people to believe as they please. Some of us believe that we have to spread our beliefs and that is okay too.

edhan profile image60

edhan says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

Edhan, thanks for that insightful answer and voted up. I voted up a lot of answers. I do agree with you a little. I think your religion can skew your view of what is good for mankind. Take the Extremists of religion, they kill to show their faith.

IDONO profile image83

IDONO says

owurakwasip says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

Thanks for answering. I posed this question to start discussion. I am not in the closet about my faith. I am a Mormon and I believe in Jesus Christ. I do believe that people would prefer me to be a closet Mormon though.

Larry Wall says