eaglecreek profile image 60

Are Christians and Jews blinded from the truth?

I am from the South and like everyone else down here, 90% of us anyway, I have always gone to a Baptist church. About 10 years back I started studying the bible, not just reading it but studying everything I read. As I started learning more knowledge I became aware that many of the doctrines that I have been taught are not laws in the bible. They may be improper conduct (immoral) but are not sins. I was told by some in the church that one could not be open minded and should only follow what is taught in the church. But that is not what the wisdo

ElderYoungMan profile image78

Elderyoungman says

• eaglecreek profile image

Jason (eaglecreek) 5 years ago

Well said Elder, I believe study is the key to understanding and bringing one closer to the Lord.

Rodric29 profile image83

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) says

• eaglecreek profile image

Jason (eaglecreek) 5 years ago

Rodric your ok for a Morman, haha jk. I believe you are on the right path my Cherokee brother.

Disappearinghead profile image87

Disappearinghead says

• ElderYoungMan profile image

Elderyoungman 5 years ago

We also have to remember that "Religion" is a creation of men. Judaism didn't exist until the Sanhedrin or the Pharisees. The Pharisees were basically academics that studied the work of the prophets and the scriptures after Malachi(300 yr silence).

pilgrimboy profile image81

Regan Clem (pilgrimboy) says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 5 years ago

I say that I agree and vote up this answer. God does not put up fences men do. God gives us knowledge and gives us the opportunity to use it or cage it. I pray that I don't allow my witness to get caged by fear and prejudice further than it is.

Jewels profile image83

Jewels says